Onigiri's Sustainability - An Analysis of Playerbase Decline

Anything Onigiri related!

Re: Onigiri's Sustainability - An Analysis of Playerbase Dec

Postby SupremeTentacle » 24 Sep 2014, 09:21

Here's my ideas on everyone's ideas.

Leobreaker322 wrote:so heres my idea I wanna put forward:

NPC fighting ability fix

You all know about the 8 partners you love. Despite their other abilities off-dungeon which help us, their fighting abilities disappoint me. Nothing unique or interesting about them in dungeons when they fight. In spite of Susanoo's passive ability which improves defense of your partners, doesn't help much. and you feel like forming party with friends as better option for exploring new areas and dungeons. So. improve the partners AI system. Make them smarter, when fighting, skill usage and ougi usage(RNG based). Dodge/block as their ability too. And other powers for them which make them stand out in the crowd and makes them unique and fun to use when you sumon them in fights :)

I can describe what powers to add in their fighting abilities for each partner in my next post. First need feedback about my idea here^ :)

I find that its a good idea at the core, but the problem is that making them with a good AI is well... difficult. The only way to really do it would just to be to increase their stats more.

Tekato wrote:
Mahou•Shoujo wrote:I agree with Lynneth-san! :)

Wand users need some love! :oops:

Also there are not enough gold wands at high lvls :geek:

Same goes for twin swords highest lvl is 86

This problem is completely addressed later on, standardized levels for cross tier Satan weapons.

Firon wrote:hmm, tbh, this suggestion doesn't really affect me (only 6k hp -.-") but iirc, you said something about the game getting too easy when you lvl a lot and have everything with good ornaments. Well, my suggestion would be to add an hp cap.

The problem here isn't really the hp itself - I mean, well, it does become somewhat of a problem - but the issue is mainly that the monster patterns really do not change much as you progress into the game. If they introduced new (harder) monsters, it would be fine.

Lynneth wrote:-ranting begins-

All those suggestions are okay for all the higher level (lv.80/90++), non-staff and non-wands player.
If you want some challenges, try wand/staff beating the time of spear/sword player for best time clearing dungeons. I can guarantee you, you won't beat especially skilled spear player which has all the useful/SP-efficient and effective, effective area of attack.

-ranting ends-
Yes, wand is an issue. However, the biggest problem isn't how strong they are directly - there are some very strong wand users in the game right now. The problem is instead, the skill mana consumption - at least in my opinion.

Its mostly just that there's only a few really geared up wand players, so you don't get to see their strength often. Though - I do agree that buffing them wouldn't really make them overpowered, even if their damage and sp consumption are both buffed, as they require some skill to be able to carry as hard as others, mostly due to the way that their abilities have set distances, etc.

------------
'New Ideas' to refresh this game :

1.Give new variation of the monsters i.e.:
a.New Sprite for New monster in different areas. (some already done)
b.New Attack Pattern, new Skillset for similar monsters in different areas. (some already done, some are remotely similar)
c.Give some attack variation to Boss Monster and new skills ONLY for Boss Monster.
d.New and different item drop for enemies, normal mobs, special mobs and Boss Monsters.

2.Give variation to Dungeon Layout and World Area
1st question : Is it possible to make a random-generated dungeon? with random-generated layout and random-generated enemies adjusted with the dungeon?
I agree that we should't be re-using the same map for every single cave type dungeon, but I think randomly generated ones are not practical.
a.Gives some new ways to complete the dungeon, for example, you can choose your dungeon route which has different boss and sets of enemies.
b.Gives some traps to hamper players or new rewards for completing dungeons with different ways. For example :
-> Use only wand weapon to clear dungeon
-> Use only staff weapon to clear dungeon
-> May not use item to clear dungeon to get prize
-> etc etc.
This would probably be a "free swag" thing
c.Treasure boxes when opened can become : Mimic monster, Bombs/explosion or lots of ryous/magatamas/weapons/etc.
More treasure boxes in general seems like a good idea
d.World Boss is good, but the way it is implemented sucks with this game mechanic.
e.Make a new mechanic for World Boss, so that EVERYONE CAN GET the Loots, so everyone can work together to beat it.
The field bosses aren't really bosses that merit this, nor do they seem intended for this purpose really...
f.Make new dungeon difficulty level : Expert, Extreme
For masochist people.

3.Give variation to how the party works.
a.Create a new RAID party which consist of 7-10 people, 15 people, 20 people.
b.Create team attack mode
c.Create a time attack mode for each dungeon, along with achievement to highest level people.
d.Create a survival mode party, longest time party can survive with more and more enemies and harder/harder enemies with more time spent in that dungeon.

4.Weapon Attack/Defense Style Variation
a.Japanese Game without Kunai/Ninja Dagger/Shuriken? It's a shame :(. Dual Dagger/Throwing Dagger with focus on poison/dark magic/assassination skills. Kind of true ninja, that can hide and vanish into thin air and stab from behind.
b.Gun-type weapon, just like Kaguya with all the skills.
Kaguya acutally uses a bow shaped like a gun.
c.Scroll type Item.
Do you mean like the weapon scrolls in MS? If so, ornamentation and enchantment is our substitute.
d.Gives all weapon attack/accuracy-additional skills, defensive stance to block and gives all weapon option to fill SP.
Accuracy is stupid to have in a game like this. If you smack them in the face, then you should get a hit confirm. Accuracy systems are meant for outdated, point and click MMORPGs. Rather than giving weapons the option to charge SP, it would be better just to make sp recovery from basic attacks scale - as we mentioned.
e.PLEASE GIVE A WAY TO FILL SP QUICKLY and new Dark Gate which is really disappointing, especially Wand. But this is really sucks, even with total 120 WIS you will almost always run out of SP, especially 5-man dungeon Hell.
This is not a problem for Spear, since they have a very wide Area of Attack, High Attack, and High Survivability.And their SP Consumption is minimal.
Everyone else burns SP faster than you think.
f.Gives Attack / Defense Stance
g.Double Jump, double roll, running, strafing to left upper right, or right downard left
h.Crouching Stance.
h.Redo all the wrong HITBOX of attack magic/skills.
Example : Fireball -> Hell inferno HITS all the enemies when travelling to the target.
The game mechanic RIGHT NOW, IT DOESN'T. It only hits ONE TARGET and will MISS if the enemies teleported to back.
Especially annoying with the teleporting enemies or buried enemies.
Pretty sure this is just lag

5.Accessories
a.Gives option to recharge expired accessories
b.Gives option to trade-in/out expired accessories
c.Gives option to remodel or do something to accessories, like adding options (Enchant magatamas).
d.Gives option to change the additional stats or upgrade the accessories, much like upgrading weapons.
C and D would only serve to increase the discrepancy between cashers and non-cashers.

6.Costumes
a.Gives truly different costumes, at least, not only the colors -_-, the way it is right now the difference between the similar costumes are only the color.
Actually you can make it unique, so that every costume is unique, different pattern for example, or different texture, etc.
b.Gives option to exchange costume to another costume for some oc.
c.Gives option to sell costumes to player directly without rolling nyankoropon
d.Gives option to buy costumes from other player directly without rolling nyankoropon (minus accessories).
e.Gives option to re-color costumes according to player's taste for some ryous.

7.Partners
a.Gives useful skills for partner, Player can set AI skills freely, more SKILLS are unlocked with more intimate player with the partners.
b.FIX AI of partners to NOT STUCK attacking at one place. Gives some 'default AI' work, such as, only support skill, full attack, full defense (help player def boss) for example.
c.Give partners some SUPPORT SKILLS to support player, actually no need for NPC join the attack (their attack are measly anyway for the same/upper level).
d.Even more better, make a combination skill between partner and player so that Partners ARE MUCH MORE VALUED.
e.Make Partners can wear different costume, equip another weapon, accessories, magatamas, besides present from players.

8.Magatamas
a.Gives SP-Refill when CRITS happen. Very useful for mage/archer which almost always deplete SP quickly.
Do you know how OP this would be?...
b.Gives Durability-Refill when CRITS happen. Very useful in longer/higher level dungeon.
Same as previous comment.
c.Adds ONE more slot magatamas for more combination/variation.
Why do we need more player strength if we're already extremely overpowered? We should be buffing monster strength instead.
d.Adds even more magatamas for many type of builds.

9.Weapon and Skills
a.Give another one weapon slot in the center for unarmed or one more arsenal weapon.
Even better, make it 8 weapon slots.
b.Gives more skills for each weapon type, new attack skills, combo skills which chain-skill bonus.
For example : Lightning Blast -> Lightning Arrow -> Dust Storm Blade (chain skills)
c.Gives one more skill slot for additional skills and one more Ougis slot.
d.Make more ultimate skills for Ougis for each weapon, for defensive/support and attack

10.Skill Cards Slotter/Ougis Slotter and Skill Customization NPC.
a.Make a new NPC that can help put cards into the desired SLOT, with some compensation of course to the NPC.
How confusing and angry would the player will be when 4 skill level 7 is inserted into the weapon into the same slot?
This seems silly, and basically kills the current skill card system altogether. It would make it too easy to get super strong weapons.
b.Make a new effect to the skills, and perhaps permanent slot.

I experience this myself when want to create 'ultimate' wand and ends up SPEND ALL THE LEVEL VII SKILLS INTO WRONG SLOT :( :( :cry: :roll: :roll: Is this intended? No wonder your player leaves you.
You make a system that is good for adding $$$ to company, but NOT ENJOYABLE to players. Why not make a system that benefit both?
This is just your own bad luck. Many others have had the exact opposite happen to them. Gambling on your weapons is something standardized to all MMO these days.

------

Why the game is boring? Because in higher level everyone will use the same attack skills to kill the same type of enemies. No variation, no customization of skills, no different enemies skill between low level monster and higher level monster.
The only difference would be the upgrade level, skill level and how often the player will play.

Spear will ALMOST ALWAYS use Water Dragon Spear, Ice Blossom and sometimes Intimidate/Devastation Slash with all the Area of Attack Ougis
Wand will depend on Ice , Hell Inferno, Earth Grave and all the Ougis except Dark Gate (which is one of the worst Ougis)
And Twin sword would be Lightning Demon ???, Axes, Bows and other weapon users are I think the same pattern.

Give Wand melee skill please? You can do it to Bow which has melee attack, why not wand? Especially attack type skill and can evade the enemies too?
Soul Strike

---------------
I want to suggest developer that to rebalance classes, especially wand with ridiculous SP consumption with the effectiveness of all Ougis/the delay and casting time and cancelled spells when you got hit.
And Staff to give them attack Ougis and more Area of Attack for staff, especially Holy/Water/Lightning based attack.

Add more variation to attack skills/defensive for all the classes and give that to monsters too.

And also please return Ressurection Skill from staff which is removed from US version.

And make non-cash player can still play and enjoy the game.

--------
Proposition :
--------

To make each character/player unique the dev can give 'Talent' that gives a more customized stats, additional aura and specific skills for specific talents. (besides Title, since Title is limited to 'xxx amount' of people)
Example : Swordmaster talent : gives +%x skillforce using Sword, gives 'Sword of ' etc..

Lots of these ideas are also repeated from what we said in the recording /shot
Selling all of my gear for ~40% of its market value!
~4 lv. 108 to 115 weapons remaining
Some skill card 7's, ougi, orna'd maga and other stuff too!
SupremeTentacle

Postby Lynneth » 24 Sep 2014, 09:21

Well, I haven't watched your recording >_<; I'm struggling to even login into the game since I got update error again :(

Anyway,
Soul Strike is truly a lame melee attack for wand.. just the same with Soul Strike with Staff...

It's very slow in animation, becomes sitting duck for enemies, can you really cancel it midway and get full MDEF- and full attack from this skill? The area is very little and well, not worth it.

Its function is only for support, since you can practically one-hit enemies at endgame with fully-upgraded endgame weapon, except endgame bosses.
IGN : Lynneth (lv.92/Reraised as Zombies) - Looking for more exciting experience..Rather than being depressed, better just play! :D. Let's grind for teamwork.. or not? :P :). Looking for party to grind lv.90+ weapon. Whisp me IGN!-In hiatus for 2 days-
Lynneth

Postby KonaKona » 24 Sep 2014, 15:10

To say, there are so many flaws in the game that can be pointed out.. not sure if those flaws were enough reasons to make the player base decline. But just fix it for the sake of everyone

Few highlights
- Non adjusted leveling system.. seriously its not newbie friendly at all. And the level progression doesn't match with the storyline at all. Ppl who're not doing any grinding and just go with the story flow will find themselves stuck at one point, where the gap between the player's level and map level is so high, where progression is near impossible without help from others.
- Not supporter type friendly.. c'mon, supporters got rickrolled badly in this game compared to the dps type character. I don't mean as leecher tho. What i mean here is, game mechanics should justify the amount of support works from the supporters and add it to their exp in the end of dungeon. Making supporters get the same amount of exp as other leechers do is just dropping ppl's motivation to play supporter role in the game.
- Bad trading mechanics... ryou for npc trading, oc for between players? Trading between players has reached a new height in all MMO that i went to.. and i hope future MMO won't adopt this silly idea of using RMT for trading between players.
- Bad monster design.. i noticed some monster can be laggier than the others.. especially the insects in Grotto that can just lags everyone if you try mobbing it. I can stack whole bunch of mobs in Echigo Estates or Secluded Forest and i'll never get the lags.
- The cutscenes.. its so amazingly ridiculous that you're vulnerable during the cutscenes, and you can't skip it while in party but you can if you're not in party? Just make it cancelable even if in party please..
- And lastly, repeated usage of game contents again and again as pointed out by someone here. *i think?*... from monsters, to music, to npc... i like the town design tho.
KonaKona

Postby Ryxa » 24 Sep 2014, 16:09

So. A lot of people KEEP REPEATING what we addressed already. If you don't intend on sitting down and taking it seriously enough to just listen to what we have, you might as well not post. I know the video is long (57 minutes), but we discuss one topic for at least 5 minutes each. Just skim through it. Many of the comments that people have posted are the typical complaints every player has had... and we've already gone ahead and discussed this like I said. It's a nuisance seeing the same thing over and over and I'm pretty sure that doing so will not get anything changed.

Some posts seem to be fairly biased as well. Instead of basing your opinions on what the general meta is (Which, as of now, is mainly spear and a few power or dex builds), please try out every weapon type ON A NEW CHARACTER until level 60 or so. Skill levels will scale this way and you really start to understand how a class plays and its strengths and weaknesses.

This next section is in direct response to Lynneth:
Many of your suggestions would make players stronger. I am completely against this idea and I believe many people in my group are as well. This game, as of now, is actually too easy. With low exp rate and easy to clear dungeons, many players blaze through the game only to find themselves unable to continue later on. I propose that exp rate be increased from x.20 of JP's rate to x.30 or x.40 and that dungeon difficulty and monster stats be increased to compensate. This will make a dungeon clear feel much more rewarding and reduce the feeling of repetitive grinding there is in the game.

On a side note: Audio quality wasn't the best and I'll manipulate it a bit if we intend to do this again at some point. This was our first time attempting something like this and I'm thinking it might be a decent idea to include more of the community in the discussion next time (Either through in game chat or twitch chat).
Ryxa|Lvl:115|Wiki Admin (Inactive now)|http://onigiri.wikia.com/wiki/Onigiri_Wiki
-----
You can contact me here: https://discord.gg/DQrykRW
-----
Playing Closers. Quit Onigiri. Feel free to PM, though I 99% won't check.
Ryxa

Postby mark0707 » 24 Sep 2014, 16:23

This is meant to be console game ultimately for ps4 you would know if you look at menu UI screen, I don't know why they haven't release it yet since they initially said it would be summer of 2014. I am playing this as to get head start on console for my ps4 but for a PC online game this game barely pass my standards as mmo online rpg. If i didn't read the ps4 version of this i would not dare touch this game and played more other PC online games :D
mark0707

Postby Ryxa » 24 Sep 2014, 16:42

mark0707 wrote:This is meant to be console game ultimately for ps4 you would know if you look at menu UI screen, I don't know why they haven't release it yet since they initially said it would be summer of 2014. I am playing this as to get head start on console for my ps4 but for a PC online game this game barely pass my standards as mmo online rpg. If i didn't read the ps4 version of this i would not dare touch this game and played more other PC online games :D

This has nothing to do with this thread. This thread is about how to retain player base in the PC version of English Onigiri and changes that can be made to do so. This thread is NOT for talking about the console versions of the game.
Ryxa|Lvl:115|Wiki Admin (Inactive now)|http://onigiri.wikia.com/wiki/Onigiri_Wiki
-----
You can contact me here: https://discord.gg/DQrykRW
-----
Playing Closers. Quit Onigiri. Feel free to PM, though I 99% won't check.
Ryxa

Postby mark0707 » 24 Sep 2014, 17:31

Ryxa wrote:
mark0707 wrote:This is meant to be console game ultimately for ps4 you would know if you look at menu UI screen, I don't know why they haven't release it yet since they initially said it would be summer of 2014. I am playing this as to get head start on console for my ps4 but for a PC online game this game barely pass my standards as mmo online rpg. If i didn't read the ps4 version of this i would not dare touch this game and played more other PC online games :D

This has nothing to do with this thread. This thread is about how to retain player base in the PC version of English Onigiri and changes that can be made to do so. This thread is NOT for talking about the console versions of the game.

I don't think they will consider making changes but who knows we are not their priority or even special they are not even having trouble there and developers of this game are from japan, and even If i was the developer I would rather spend and invest my time making new game than continue reviving a game that has hardly have fan base built in united states or whatsoever countries. :lol: this is not F*XIV or Swt*r! this is not a game where we would have solid fan base heck the name onigiri if you ask people they will say it is a rice ball but if you say swt*r or F*XIV they will know and heck believe it or not they will play it for the sake of its name because i do I tried and played most of the the titles they have since i have confidence it will be good.

Also have you seen the website of this game, they are using half naked characters of this game to allure gamers, talk about desperation :lol: it is like those browser games with half naked ladies advertisement so annoying. so asking how to retain player base sounds like a joke to me, sorry.

Changes won't be coming, it consumes time, effort and money. to me this will be successful if they put the console version of this game might beat dc universe on ps4.
mark0707

Postby SupremeTentacle » 24 Sep 2014, 19:02

mark0707 wrote:I don't think they will consider making changes but who knows we are not their priority or even special they are not even having trouble there and developers of this game are from japan,

[Develops have taken things suggested by the English server, and changed them in the past.]

and even If i was the developer I would rather spend and invest my time making new game than continue reviving a game that has hardly have fan base built in united states or whatsoever countries. :lol: this is not F*XIV or Swt*r! this is not a game where we would have solid fan base heck the name onigiri if you ask people they will say it is a rice ball but if you say swt*r or F*XIV they will know and heck believe it or not they will play it for the sake of its name because i do I tried and played most of the the titles they have since i have confidence it will be good.

The only one of the two games I got out of that was final fantasy. Unfortunately, Japanese has a large number of writings and meanings for things that can be pronounced the same way, so others misunderstanding the name of the game is something that will happen.

Also have you seen the website of this game, they are using half naked characters of this game to allure gamers, talk about desperation :lol: it is like those browser games with half naked ladies advertisement so annoying. so asking how to retain player base sounds like a joke to me, sorry.

Ecchi is a decently popular genre. Deal with it, and stop complaining simply because you feel guilty about having your hands in your pants.

Changes won't be coming, it consumes time, effort and money. to me this will be successful if they put the console version of this game might beat dc universe on ps4.

tl;dr

The point of this thread is for attention to be drawn to problems with the game - not for you to mindlessly flame, nor for you to derail. Please refrain from joining in the discussion unless you have something that would contribute to it, especially since that your comment about the developers not taking suggestions is a clear indication that you decided to jump in without any prior knowledge of the topic.
SupremeTentacle

Postby mark0707 » 24 Sep 2014, 19:44

SupremeTentacle wrote:
mark0707 wrote:I don't think they will consider making changes but who knows we are not their priority or even special they are not even having trouble there and developers of this game are from japan,

[Develops have taken things suggested by the English server, and changed them in the past.]

and even If i was the developer I would rather spend and invest my time making new game than continue reviving a game that has hardly have fan base built in united states or whatsoever countries. :lol: this is not F*XIV or Swt*r! this is not a game where we would have solid fan base heck the name onigiri if you ask people they will say it is a rice ball but if you say swt*r or F*XIV they will know and heck believe it or not they will play it for the sake of its name because i do I tried and played most of the the titles they have since i have confidence it will be good.

The only one of the two games I got out of that was final fantasy. Unfortunately, Japanese has a large number of writings and meanings for things that can be pronounced the same way, so others misunderstanding the name of the game is something that will happen.

Ecchi is a decently popular genre. Deal with it, and stop complaining simply because you feel guilty about having your hands in your pants.

tl;dr

The point of this thread is for attention to be drawn to problems with the game - not for you to mindlessly flame, nor for you to derail. Please refrain from joining in the discussion unless you have something that would contribute to it, especially since that your comment about the developers not taking suggestions is a clear indication that you decided to jump in without any prior knowledge of the topic.

are you guys the only one playing this? you guys should pm each other if you don't want others input on the thread, and oh might as well sugarcoat it so that you wont see it as a flamer, all i did was state my feelings and opinion about problems with player base, changes and their so called popular ecchi advertisement which to me 50% of the players mostly male quit because of disappointment game having only boobs, so dumb this thread. :lol: anyway I am done I doubt changes can be made. 3 months release I barely see any changes, it was like all they did was fix bugs and do hotfixes and a bit of fail update which was door close(remember?)

well I guess there was one change that was excellent and it was party system where you could add little details, but it was unneeded effort.
mark0707

Postby SupremeTentacle » 24 Sep 2014, 19:51

Its not about sugarcoating it, but rather, having a point in the first place.

You've completely failed to make any input - besides for the developers to abandon the game and create a new one instead. Then, you proceeded to complain about the fact that the game was not famous, before finally moving on to complain about ecchi advertisements, before summing up your point that they should give up on the game.

You did not point out any problems with the player base, only with the fact that you happen to have something against use of the female body.

Basically, the only suggestion that you made was to shut down the game and focus on a new one. Naturally, as the thread is focused around improvements to the game, and problems with the current systems, that type of junk is seen as nothing but pointless banter.

In other words, you literally contributed absolutely nothing to the discussion at all, yet, you somehow seem to think that you appear justified.

If you think that they haven't made any changes - then you obviously have completely missed all of the little adjustments, constantly done here and there, which include, but are not limited to changes that allowed players with inferior computer systems to play the game without as much frame drop. Need I mention that they addressed the issue in which opening too many lucky boxes, and having too many of a certain type of skill card led to error messages? They've even had some really quick fixes, such as when they corrected the untranslated quest in Sekigahara.

Again, you have only proven that you know absolutely nothing.

tl;dr

Check your privilege.
SupremeTentacle

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion