Onigiri's Sustainability - An Analysis of Playerbase Decline

Anything Onigiri related!

Re: Onigiri's Sustainability - An Analysis of Playerbase Dec

Postby Ryxa » 30 Sep 2014, 08:03

Lynneth wrote:I forgot something, can we have something like mount to get onto?

So that we can travel faster between areas? Also this mount can be treated as pet/support? Well, kind like partner but we

can mount on it. Disable mount use inside dungeon though :). And enable it on Raid dungeon which has very large maps xD.

I actually really like this idea, but I can't really think of a way that having big mounts to ride on would fit into the game thematically (Not by game mechanic since it'd just act like a speed boost).

Lynneth wrote:@Ryxa

Sorry about my statement before, I was just emotional, because I suffered a lot when playing as Wand/Staffs build which was one of my worst experience.

I was playing with lots of my friends, My role was as support/ a bit attack, and all my initial friends quit, leaving me alone in this game.

This resulted in me adding WIS and playing as mage/wand, which very suffering because u know what? High SP consumption, very low SP recovery, I need to stop once in a while after two skills to drink SP pots, and the mobs aren't cleared yet.

I played staff too but the damage is so minimal that I quit playing attack staff. I got frustated and almost quit, while becoming leecher/support leecher was a better option (I dislike being leecher anyway).
Fortunately, I find some new friends who can play with me until around lv.60, and some helpful yet unknown buddies help me reach until endgame content.

I still remember the frustation clearing Byakkou Cavern in 25 minutes in my lv.30 while my Spear player at lv.25 can do Byakkou Cavern in only 10 minutes.

Actually I want to reset to spear, but the time invested and weapons I collected and skills I upgraded were invaluable experience.
I begin to enjoy play as wand starting from lv.70, below that.. meh :( :(

I've said a few things I regret saying as well... just glad we don't have to fight over anything. I really do want the wand/staff players to get a bit of a boost, but I can't think of any method that other classes couldn't abuse either. But... here's a bit of good news.

This data comes from someone who has yet to be proven wrong about anything else (I've got my suspicions about who they are). This ornament can be used on Magic Magatama. ;)
Ryxa|Lvl:115|Wiki Admin (Inactive now)|http://onigiri.wikia.com/wiki/Onigiri_Wiki
-----
You can contact me here: https://discord.gg/DQrykRW
-----
Playing Closers. Quit Onigiri. Feel free to PM, though I 99% won't check.
Ryxa

Postby Lynneth » 30 Sep 2014, 08:42

Actually there is a way. Anyway, just lower SP consumption or make SP recovery faster for wand. And that would make other weapons want the same treatment xD.
IGN : Lynneth (lv.92/Reraised as Zombies) - Looking for more exciting experience..Rather than being depressed, better just play! :D. Let's grind for teamwork.. or not? :P :). Looking for party to grind lv.90+ weapon. Whisp me IGN!-In hiatus for 2 days-
Lynneth

Postby OPPAI » 30 Sep 2014, 12:31

Lynneth wrote:Actually there is a way. Anyway, just lower SP consumption or make SP recovery faster for wand. And that would make other weapons want the same treatment xD.

Well, wand users aren't the only ones suffering from SP problems. I'm an axe user and I still use a hell lot of SP
OPPAI

Postby Argentum » 30 Sep 2014, 16:08

Ryxa wrote:But... here's a bit of good news.

This data comes from someone who has yet to be proven wrong about anything else (I've got my suspicions about who they are). This ornament can be used on Magic Magatama. ;)

one can only hope that this data is a VERY bad joke. for multiple reasons.
Argentum

Postby Ryxa » 30 Sep 2014, 19:05

Argentum wrote:
Ryxa wrote:But... here's a bit of good news.

one can only hope that this data is a VERY bad joke. for multiple reasons.

Well... JP Onigiri has purity 7 ornamentations already... so this probably is not a joke. You have to remember that this ornament requires purity 8 (AKA you can only really use this on hybrid magatama such as magic/fake staff/hunter/etc.) and that it adds 4 chakra to the already high chakra cost of hybrid magatama. To attempt this ornament ONCE requires the blue drop from Satan which is also required to make the three tiers of Satan weapon much less to +100 Satan weapons and that better ornaments have lower success rates... I'm guessing for first ornament this is going to end up as 75% or lower success and the second is going to be 40% or lower. Not sure since I'm not this far into JP.
Ryxa|Lvl:115|Wiki Admin (Inactive now)|http://onigiri.wikia.com/wiki/Onigiri_Wiki
-----
You can contact me here: https://discord.gg/DQrykRW
-----
Playing Closers. Quit Onigiri. Feel free to PM, though I 99% won't check.
Ryxa

Postby Lynneth » 01 Oct 2014, 01:18

OPPAI wrote:
Lynneth wrote:Actually there is a way. Anyway, just lower SP consumption or make SP recovery faster for wand. And that would make other weapons want the same treatment xD.

Well, wand users aren't the only ones suffering from SP problems. I'm an axe user and I still use a hell lot of SP

The problem is, we are magical creature, yet we suffer from casting our magic? so what's the purpose of our magic? :lol: :lol:

Joke aside,

@Ryxa

That's definitely a good augmentation to wand user, but that doesn't remove the limited mobility and SP consumption problem with wand-user.
And I might never see the light of the day to try that option since I will retire today xD. My only gripe is I never see the light of the day finishing Aramitama Juncture :(, other hope would be reaching lv.82 today.

---------------------

I forgot something, and I want to suggest to developer that we need option to FEED all the presents, ALL AT ONCE to partners, so that WE DON'T NEED to FEED THEM one by one and DESTROY OUR MOUSE by clicking it hundreds and can amount to THOUSAND CLICKS !

It's so dumb to waste time to click,click, click, click, click,...(unlimited times) over presents, I have counted that it can amount to one-two hours just maxing partner's affection level, especially on higher level.
IGN : Lynneth (lv.92/Reraised as Zombies) - Looking for more exciting experience..Rather than being depressed, better just play! :D. Let's grind for teamwork.. or not? :P :). Looking for party to grind lv.90+ weapon. Whisp me IGN!-In hiatus for 2 days-
Lynneth

Postby Lynneth » 01 Oct 2014, 01:30

Ryxa wrote:
Lynneth wrote:I forgot something, can we have something like mount to get onto?

So that we can travel faster between areas? Also this mount can be treated as pet/support? Well, kind like partner but we

can mount on it. Disable mount use inside dungeon though :). And enable it on Raid dungeon which has very large maps xD.

I actually really like this idea, but I can't really think of a way that having big mounts to ride on would fit into the game thematically (Not by game mechanic since it'd just act like a speed boost).

How about this rickshaw? This is traditional japanese transportation, since ancient times. And the one who pulls it.. is our preferred partner xD. Or, we can pay some kamikuis to pull the rickshaw, like Benkei, Kyokotsu to pull it xD.

To fit the theme of Onigiri Online, we can rent this rickshaw from Rickshaw Kamikui's Rental Store. We pay some Ryous to some far place, while we move into there, we can see beautiful scenery of the places in Onigiri.

Kind of like Chocobo in Final Fantasy xD,,
Lynneth

Postby Lynneth » 01 Oct 2014, 01:44

"Giving partners presents."

Izayoi Meido wrote:Worse that you have to gift them one by one.
I just want to give it all in one go.

Can we give it all in one go? :lol: :roll:
Lynneth

Postby OPPAI » 01 Oct 2014, 04:16

Lynneth wrote: and DESTROY OUR MOUSE by clicking it hundreds and can amount to THOUSAND CLICKS !

For now, AUTO CLICKARRRR

Saving one mouse at a time.
OPPAI

Postby SupremeTentacle » 01 Oct 2014, 12:29

Lynneth wrote:
How about this rickshaw? This is traditional japanese transportation, since ancient times. And the one who pulls it.. is our preferred partner xD. Or, we can pay some kamikuis to pull the rickshaw, like Benkei, Kyokotsu to pull it xD.

To fit the theme of Onigiri Online, we can rent this rickshaw from Rickshaw Kamikui's Rental Store. We pay some Ryous to some far place, while we move into there, we can see beautiful scenery of the places in Onigiri.

Kind of like Chocobo in Final Fantasy xD,,

In my opinion, that looks more out of place than mounts.

They had horses in Japan, so I mean, if you can ride a horse, why not a youkai?
Selling all of my gear for ~40% of its market value!
~4 lv. 108 to 115 weapons remaining
Some skill card 7's, ougi, orna'd maga and other stuff too!
SupremeTentacle

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion