Yog-Sothoth

Anything Onigiri related!

Yog-Sothoth

Postby QQQzzz » 19 Sep 2017, 20:36

Whats the best way to mine for Yog-Sothoth? especially the eyeballs? The announcements say that boosts don't have any effect has anyone found any effects? Any other suggestions for an effective group and combat strategy?
QQQzzz

Re: Yog-Sothoth

Postby Wibberish » 19 Sep 2017, 21:34

Boosts work just fine. I suspect that the announcement was intended to refer to boosts not affecting the Rosaries from Sanzou Redux, and the writer was simply confused.

For killing Yog, Houou is your best bet. Sanzou also works well, especially with 3+ Scroll Level 100 and positive holy element from your magatama. Oda can also do nice damage with 3 or more scrolls. Otherwise, just stack Holy and use good holy skills on him.
IGN: Renera
Retired
Wibberish

Postby NoodleLab » 20 Sep 2017, 01:05

Eyeballs drop from Yog in hard and hell mode.
Solo mode should be easy; use bow to charge houou. If you have trouble with solo dng, probably because you don't have a weapon with enough atk (15k or more should be good).
NoodleLab

Postby NoodleLab » 20 Sep 2017, 01:14

just want to add to Wibberish point, Lancelot also works with holy or slice (150+ slice for good dmg).
NoodleLab

Postby Miyano311 » 21 Sep 2017, 00:47

Wibberish wrote:Boosts work just fine. I suspect that the announcement was intended to refer to boosts not affecting the Rosaries from Sanzou Redux, and the writer was simply confused.

I'm starting to doubt if they really mean it. Just check the amount of drop in this photo (hell mode, with 400% drop boost):
Forgot my IGN rip (lvl 12- wait I forgot that too)
Miyano311

Location: Probably one of the hottest place on Earth... oh wait

Postby Firon » 21 Sep 2017, 05:29

Miyano311 wrote:
Wibberish wrote:Boosts work just fine. I suspect that the announcement was intended to refer to boosts not affecting the Rosaries from Sanzou Redux, and the writer was simply confused.

I'm starting to doubt if they really mean it. Just check the amount of drop in this photo (hell mode, with 400% drop boost):

Seems normal enough to me. You can only get so many items from an enemy regardless of how much boost you have because the list of things you can roll is predefined. More boost just means you have a higher chance of rolling more stuff from the list... in most cases (there are also drops which only pick a single thing from the list e.g. magatama from normal enemies-which is why the rates SUCK SO MUCH).

On the other hand, I've gotten a single pedestal and nothing else in one of my runs of normal with nothing but the hattori hanzo title so I'd lean towards saying that boosts do work.
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Return to General Discussion