This Game is Impossible

Anything Onigiri related!

This Game is Impossible

Postby X-Facter » 28 Sep 2017, 23:56

This may make me come off as butt hurt but I sort of am with the way this game is structured, and to be honest I sort of pissed with this game to the point where I don't care anymore if I come off as annoying cause i really want to get this off my chest. First things first the skill system, why is it that skills need a ridiculous box requirement in order to level up, until I read some of the post on the forum I would've never known i was essentially wasting my time trying to level up skills that couldn't grow and that the ones that can grow are found randomly cause the game it self doesn't tell you this stuff, seriously why does something that you're suppose to invest time in even have a random factor?

Speaking of wasted invested time, why are so many things tied to the friendship system, you only get so many presents through out the game and it doesn't help that most of the games best gear is locked behind grinding for friendship items that you need thousands of in order to raise those friendship levels. Oh yeah speaking of grinding, why is after kyoto everything starts hitting harder than it should even if your level is higher than the dungeon itself? and if that wasn't enough the developers have the nerve THE NEVRE!!!! to raise the dungeon level from 70 to 100 and higher once you get to edo. Why is the bar being raised so high in a way that makes no sense?

Then there's the huge difference in what the bosses can do and what you can do. Some bosses especially late game have attacks that cover most of the field or can move all around the arena in such a way that there's no rhyme, reason, or strategy to how these bosses are suppose to be beaten. What worse is that all your character gets is short barrel that does nothing and a guard move that you always have to time to be effective in the slightest. Then there's last but not least the characters, these game develops love random factors so much to the point where you can litterly waste your real life money on a slot machine that can easily give you nothing in return when trying to roll for the newest character. Why does Cyberteam loves pumping out so many new characters every few months and then make it a gamble to get them? It's annoying business idea i will never understand.

Yeah i'm butt hurt and yeah i'm venting my frustrations, because I tried to get good at this game, I really gave it as much time as could to try to understand it, but the way this thing is structured just pisses me cause it pulled me in got me in got invested, and then told me later on that there is no fair way to win this game. There's a lot more reason I could bring up about why I dislike with onigiri but I feel i've said enough.
X-Facter

Re: This Game is Impossible

Postby Sheiko » 29 Sep 2017, 03:11

What lvl are you now anyway?(Ask in low voice)
You can juz whisper me directly in game.
Actually, this game hav become much easier now compared to 2years ago.(They never give free OC long ago)
If need tips or help, I will try my best to help...(I can clear those dungeons for you if you want)
Games are there to be hard or impossible for some beginners and not all games are the same, at some point it will become very easy.
Anyway, juz call for me if need to clear out something.
(Some ppl can also help you actually, juz try to win others affection).
Think of it like talkin to high lvl player day by day will increase their affection towards you even by small amount.
Then they will remember you and think positively.

Ahh~ I remember those sneaky low lvl's back in those days always talk to me everyday, then they ask for my help.
THERE'S NO WAY I CAN REFUSE~ XD (I'm very happy if gain new friends).

Think of it like this, becuz you post your frustration here. You suddenly triggered Sheiko appearence and with high affection as well XP.
With that, you gain new ally that can help you throughout the games :D
Juz whisper for me and i'll be there :O

There's a lot of new player already become an expert here due to others help.
2023 Onigiri Steam IGN: NPC Rimu
Steam: NPC Rimu
IGN: Sheiko (Shutdown US)
Onigiri New Player Helper
Onigiri Market Forum Onigiri Coins Buyer
ImageImage
Sheiko

Postby NoodleLab » 29 Sep 2017, 05:49

I used to feel the same when im still new to game.
Now i have all 6 character at lvl 100+ (mainly for resonant); I have no trouble lvling these characters;
One of my alt character that i used for event farming also easily cleared all the main quest like my main character, with just free partners, mount and stuffs from events.
The game, at least for main quest, is really a lot easier than before, to help players to catch up. but alot of good stuffs come with events that are not permanent; New players either not being informed or not strong enough to do it. However, those events are being brought back regularly too.
The game really lacks a complete guide. But there is a few good youtube channels. The guides in this forum lack a lot of details, useful tips and are mostly outdated in term of contents.

Edit: I can't use the word 'p-r-o-b-l-e-m' in here?
NoodleLab

Postby Zero » 20 Oct 2017, 02:32

...Kids don't know how hard the game actually was when it was released, this server exp rate was something akin to 0.1%, 0.01% or 0.001% of the 100% that the japanese server had the second tiamat encounter (when you encounter momotaro) was nightmare inducing and the only way to reach the endgame at that time was by being part of a dedicated party and having a "8/8 git gud m8" mentality.

EDIT: I remembered something else, Moonking was godly for traveling, then got nerfed to oblivion.
Zero

Postby Kureyon » 20 Oct 2017, 11:33

yup,I'm a cbt player and I just got back, it's easier to level up now. the only thing I don't like about the game is there's so many quest just to get 1 thing done, example is, I'm stuck at repairing the spaceship thing , 1. I need to clear so many dungeon just to get to tanegashima. 2. collect 30 scraps for spaceship, sometimes I don't get any inside the boxes, which leads to grinding. 3. 30 sulfurs again leads to grinding 4. 30 Shouseki leads to grinding. srsly. I did all of my quests alone so it's really boring when there's so many things to do just to ride a spaceship. If I was the guy in the game, I'd be fck that sht. I'm out. but sadly there's not much players doing the quests now. either they quit or they're lvl115+ grinding in onigashima. so you're mostly stuck by yourself until then.
I'm lvl107 btw
so, if anyone can help me complete 30 shouseki that would be nice, and also completing the Goldsmith's trial quest in the process. (Clear 4 dungeon in tanegashima Hell mode) thanks :lol:
Kureyon

Postby Miyacchi » 21 Oct 2017, 01:08

It was most definitely harder back then. Imagine the exp rates cut in 1/8. That was how much experience one would get back then before the Oushuu update was released. In addition, players did not have any sort of armor to tank with (meaning it was a glass tank meta) back then. The meta back then was the Chiami build, where one would get a lot of critical and spam skills to withstand all the damage being dealt.

In any case, the game has gotten shifted significantly to the easier side, and a bit more "balanced" in the long run.

P.S I wish RS wasn't nerfed kek. That Movement speed scaling based on the Attack stat was beautiful.
Miyacchi - Level 130

The person that hybrids 5 weapons :^D
Miyacchi

Postby EmeraldWolf » 21 Oct 2017, 05:56

Hmm, I wouldn't call the game impossible. The game difficulty is much lower than what it once was, I've been playing around on alts to see how things are on a character that doesn't spend a single penny and I've managed to get 2 Edo pretty easily. It's from this point where the difficulty spikes really happen but once you get past it it's smooth sailing until you get to the moon. The issue is that once you get to edo you really have to know how to progress and what things you need to get through the game. It is certainly possible to get most of the story done without crazy grinding, I managed to get up to the Abyss Garg with only a satan weapon on my main.

My suggestion to you is to ask yourself, do you want spend most of your time grinding to get weapons and magatamas? If you don't, you are playing the wrong game and whilst the grind will get easier it will never go away. If your up for it, then I suggest asking for help by using the party recruit or asking people on this forum. The help is there, you mearly have to ask for it. :)

Anyway, Good luck and have fun whatever you do.
Peace
EmberWolf is my main character.

British player: Give me more story plz ;_;
EmeraldWolf

Postby Shisui Mikkusu » 21 Oct 2017, 17:33

You got it man, This game is an asshole (even more so the company behind it). Thats what it is. You are absolutely right about the lack of (important) information and about the unfairness with a lot of things and especially nyankoropon. HOWEVER all u need to get good at this game is more knowledge. Im very close to reach Lv.129 by now and i became quite strong id say. All becuz i did not want to give up for fking once in my life. I fucked up with my first character, i fucked up with my second character, i fucked up with my third character AND STILL CONTINUED, then when approaching this game with my fourth character all the knowledge from my failures and from asking other players have led me to being able to continue with that character in the end. And if i were to create a new character NOW it would be so easy to get strong with that character, even without partners (except the free ones) without mounts and all that money content, that its almost ridiculous how easy this game is in the beginning (up to satan(gargoyles are a bit harder and id recommend partying) when u utilize the oppertunitys given to u properly. So if u want to be good at this game just becuz then dont give up. But it is also a wise decision to say "fuck this bs" and try to be good at a different game. Its personal preference. I stayed becuz i rly liked the looks of the game (including character customization). Just my 2 cents~
IGN is Probably: Noning Paradox (previously Shisui Hyuga) (other names may also be: Meruem Vermillion), but I've quit the game long ago so idk exactly anymore.
"Kyoufu wo oshiete yarou" Tekken-Devil Jin
Shisui Mikkusu

Postby LtSnowy » 27 Jan 2018, 22:07

X-Facter wrote:Speaking of wasted invested time, why are so many things tied to the friendship system, you only get so many presents through out the game and it doesn't help that most of the games best gear is locked behind grinding for friendship items that you need thousands of in order to raise those friendship levels. Oh yeah speaking of grinding, why is after kyoto everything starts hitting harder than it should even if your level is higher than the dungeon itself? and if that wasn't enough the developers have the nerve THE NEVRE!!!! to raise the dungeon level from 70 to 100 and higher once you get to edo. Why is the bar being raised so high in a way that makes no sense?

Then there's the huge difference in what the bosses can do and what you can do. Some bosses especially late game have attacks that cover most of the field or can move all around the arena in such a way that there's no rhyme, reason, or strategy to how these bosses are suppose to be beaten. What worse is that all your character gets is short barrel that does nothing and a guard move that you always have to time to be effective in the slightest.

I will be bluntly honest. Things, yes, are tied to the friendship system. You can farm Banjiro Island with a 100% boost and stack 999 in an hour, with dedication, and enough power. There's also locating decent pre-island dungeons with high mob counts, and spamming those.

Everything after Kyoto starts to hit hard to teach you one thing: Defense. Learn your defenses, your rolls, and you stats. I can nodamage level 130 stuff at level 116.

And bosses that cover the entire area with their attacks, or move quickly, there's always a rhythm. You've just got to spend time learning it. I can fairly well nodamage the Gargoyles. Shub-Nuggeraht, I nodamaged a few times. All of this is done to teach you how to defend yourself later in the game.

Instead of whining, learn from it.
Very Active.
    Level 120 - Hk ¥ Xaos ¥ -TwinSword-
    Level 100 - Hk ¥ Battery ¥ -Sword-
    Level 106 - Hk ¥ Lily ¥ -Bow-

I have more. Just ask.
LtSnowy

Postby riskShin0 » 30 Jan 2018, 06:39

long ago is game very hard to play you know why all the old quit becase of lag and monter damage OP one hit KO.
riskShin0

Return to General Discussion