Perfect Tempest Build?

Anything Onigiri related!

Re: Perfect Tempest Build?

Postby Wibberish » 13 Oct 2017, 13:26

4 knowledge with any orns should be plenty to solo PoR Oni assuming Cursed Arrow spam and enough dura. I used a daten and a +70 cross and still managed to solo in under 3 minutes sometimes. Even if you take three times longer than that, you're fine. Another benefit of soloing is that you can just give up and re-enter when you die.

As for orns on Knowledge magatamas, I personally decided to get as many as possible and put 3x Fated on every single one (in order to aim for the best possible orns) and save only one to put 1-chakra orns on, just so I could equip a 4th knowledge sometimes. I don't play anymore so I won't go into builds too much but I would like to point out that Firon seemed to have forgotten about cooldown cut here, which is even more important in Oni difficulties due to the lack of Chidori. Arguably the most important stat in general.
IGN: Renera
Retired
Wibberish

Postby Shisui Mikkusu » 13 Oct 2017, 23:26

"Even if you take three times longer than that, you're fine."

thats the only thing i absolutely disagree as for my case lol. About getting more cooldown or more pierce element i cant rly tell anything i havent tried it yet.
IGN is Probably: Noning Paradox (previously Shisui Hyuga) (other names may also be: Meruem Vermillion), but I've quit the game long ago so idk exactly anymore.
"Kyoufu wo oshiete yarou" Tekken-Devil Jin
Shisui Mikkusu

Postby Wibberish » 14 Oct 2017, 02:15

Shisui Mikkusu wrote:"Even if you take three times longer than that, you're fine."

thats the only thing i absolutely disagree as for my case lol. About getting more cooldown or more pierce element i cant rly tell anything i havent tried it yet.

The time limit for PoR Oni is 9 minutes, isn't it? That's what I was talking about. <3 minutes * 3 still lets you clear it. I just mean that it doesn't matter if your DPS is a little lower than mine since you have such a wide margin of error.
Retired
Wibberish

Postby Shisui Mikkusu » 14 Oct 2017, 06:20

I know what u meant and u should probably know by now what I was trying to express. if not then note: as in my case....particularly as in "i wanna be op tier player".

"you have such a wide margin of error." i dont rly understand how im supposed to interpret that. Google translator doesnt rly help at that either. In my language it sounds like it would most certainly be an insult lol. if its not an insult then explain this declaration. If it is then im a bit disappointed but then again explain this declaration.

btw i dont know why no one ever told me but there is a chance that the reason why nogitsune yume is so ridiculously fast in oni mode is because of a trick which works like this: Full pt enters oni mode, then until the bosses health is near to 0 everyone else crashes or maybe just leaves pt and there you go. I noticed it when i saw ppl from which i didnt think they could solo blitz tiamat oni at all actually managed to do it in under 10 mins. then i asked them and confirmed it. that is actually very sad to know.... IF its true, i have yet to ask her.
IGN is Probably: Noning Paradox (previously Shisui Hyuga) (other names may also be: Meruem Vermillion), but I've quit the game long ago so idk exactly anymore.
Shisui Mikkusu

Postby Wibberish » 14 Oct 2017, 08:57

Shisui Mikkusu wrote:btw i dont know why no one ever told me but there is a chance that the reason why nogitsune yume is so ridiculously fast in oni mode is because of a trick which works like this: Full pt enters oni mode, then until the bosses health is near to 0 everyone else crashes or maybe just leaves pt and there you go. I noticed it when i saw ppl from which i didnt think they could solo blitz tiamat oni at all actually managed to do it in under 10 mins. then i asked them and confirmed it. that is actually very sad to know.... IF its true, i have yet to ask her.

I don't play anymore but I recall Nogitsune Yume's time being like 2:50. I achieved similar results myself two or three times so it's a plausible clear. POR Oni Clear times are mostly dependent on luck as sometimes Kaguya will only be vulnerable while down and for a couple seconds after getting up, sometimes she will be vulnerable for like 30 seconds after getting up, and on rare occassions she will be completely vulnerable throughout multiple knockdowns, allowing you to hit her for 2 minutes straight. That's what happened in this run.
That is a solo run; I just brought in an alt for more chances at LSS and let it die at the entrance. (Which, due to moving the alt in and having to watch the cutscene, actually made the run take 5-10 seconds longer.)

Shisui Mikkusu wrote:I know what u meant and u should probably know by now what I was trying to express. if not then note: as in my case....particularly as in "i wanna be op tier player".

"you have such a wide margin of error." i dont rly understand how im supposed to interpret that. Google translator doesnt rly help at that either. In my language it sounds like it would most certainly be an insult lol. if its not an insult then explain this declaration. If it is then im a bit disappointed but then again explain this declaration.

Uh... it's not an insult. I meant that even if you can't clear it in 3 minutes, you can still win since the time limit is 9 minutes. Having the freedom to take three times as long grants a "wide margin of error."

I just wanted to say that you don't have to clear it in 3 minutes. You're still fine if you take 7 or 8 minutes instead.
Retired
Wibberish

Postby AlbaneEdge » 14 Oct 2017, 14:56

If I remember correctly, Google Translate is known for messing up really bad some times...
IGN: AlbaneEdge
AlbaneEdge

Postby Shisui Mikkusu » 14 Oct 2017, 17:29

Mmmh i see okay i understood. So u used ur knowledge build with just fated contractor on? did u use any other things that might give an advantage (like back strike, way of the bow) or is there smth else important to note? if not then i still dont know what im doing wrong except if the only reason why i cant do it as fast (fastest time being ~7:50 and potentially 6 mins maybe) rly IS a lack of restriction sublime in my arsenal. But i now see how luck is a big factor aswell.

and yeah albane i now fully understand what a wide margin of error means but google trns rly messed it all up and i read smth more similar to "you are full of errors" lel.

wait now that i think of it. #YOLO has sublime too and she is pretty strong id say so what is the difference? just luck?

oh and 1 last thing is datenryuu actually the best bow for por oni? and can one recommend to use 2 of them? i will certainly do another datenryuu if thats true.
Shisui Mikkusu

Postby Wibberish » 15 Oct 2017, 03:51

Shisui Mikkusu wrote:Mmmh i see okay i understood. So u used ur knowledge build with just fated contractor on? did u use any other things that might give an advantage (like back strike, way of the bow) or is there smth else important to note? if not then i still dont know what im doing wrong except if the only reason why i cant do it as fast (fastest time being ~7:50 and potentially 6 mins maybe) rly IS a lack of restriction sublime in my arsenal. But i now see how luck is a big factor aswell.

and yeah albane i now fully understand what a wide margin of error means but google trns rly messed it all up and i read smth more similar to "you are full of errors" lel.

wait now that i think of it. #YOLO has sublime too and she is pretty strong id say so what is the difference? just luck?

oh and 1 last thing is datenryuu actually the best bow for por oni? and can one recommend to use 2 of them? i will certainly do another datenryuu if thats true.

Yep, I always use Back Strike. It makes a huge difference. (Way of the Bow shouldn't matter since attack is locked in all oni modes besides blitz.) Best bow for por oni should be the 125 dark tiamat bow since it gives 50 dark 50 pierce 15 crit 10% def and a great passive. The 120 one is nice too. I just used a datenryuu since it's easy to make and a cross+daten is plenty with 2 restriction sublimes.

All my knowledges have fated contractor except for 1. For PoR Oni I used 3 FC knowledge with 15-20 crit each and one with unblinking, but I didn't get any CF until I put the 3rd orn on at level 130. However even clean knowledges should be enough.

I also brought a +50 level 1 staff with 3x First Aid V and both extend heals. The massive defense and 500% staff SF from knowledges makes it easy to stay alive even when you have to deal with the benkeis. Getting shot never stopped being stressful though, even after soloing over a hundred times.

Luck is a very big factor. I think my runs averaged around 4 minutes, sometimes taking nearly six minutes if Kaguya acted like a huge prick and stayed in the air for two minutes straight, and then only fell down in corners so I couldn't use Back Strike. I think I've only done <3:10 runs three or four times.

Accessories also make a stupidly huge difference, as always. Mainly Kagooya & Nohboonaga for the cooldown cut. (and crit/pierce)
Retired
Wibberish

Postby Shisui Mikkusu » 15 Oct 2017, 10:02

Wow i even overlooked that there is a dark version called raid of blitz tiamats weapon for all classes i only saw yume wearing white brilliance and i assumed the twin version is only dark but thats very good to know and it is even better to know that raid doesnt need fallen crosses :DDD.

okay tyvm! with all this information im sure i should be able to improve a lot so i rly appreciate all the replies.
Shisui Mikkusu

Previous

Return to General Discussion