Under 50% health: 464% Skill force
Over 50%: 324% skill force

Cooldown+ 40

Crit force: +85

Total crit: ~70

Total Crit force: 255

Attack: +5000

Rain element: +110, Mountain element +60

Apparently it might be hard to get near those stats but at least it isn't that hard to get good crit with Mikan and u also can stack ur oni medals and farm some atk sars (or whatever class u play) for crit orna too.

This is the best build i could come up with. Any other suggestions?
IGN is Probably: Noning Paradox (previously Shisui Hyuga) (other names may also be: Meruem Vermillion), but I've quit the game long ago so idk exactly anymore.
"Kyoufu wo oshiete yarou" Tekken-Devil Jin
Shisui Mikkusu

Re: Perfect Tempest Build?

Postby Miyano311 » 03 Oct 2017, 16:23

Well... I think of this build. More general damage output, less crit:

3 Attack Star Tempest (with no orna) - 165 chakra

1 Rausu (with 1 Confining Terror for 6 crit + 128 atk + 6% extra SF max) - 4 chakra

Total chakra: 169

Total SF: 360 (over 50% hp) ; 510 (under 50% hp)

Extra Cooldown Cut: 45

Extra Crit Force: 90

Extra Crit: 6

Extra ATK: 7628

Extra Bow Aff: 22%

Rain element: 150 ; Mountain element: 90

You can go for Unblinking Eye instead of Confining Terror for more Aff and Dex/crit force.
Forgot my IGN rip (lvl 12- wait I forgot that too)
Miyano311

Location: Probably one of the hottest place on Earth... oh wait

Postby Wibberish » 03 Oct 2017, 18:12

For all weapons, the Tempest builds I generally consider are 3 clean Tempest + 2x Confining Terror Sparrow or 2 Fated Tempest + Fated Knowledge + Heavenly Shield magatama with 4 base chakra or less. Usually the latter.
IGN: Renera
Retired
Wibberish

Postby AlbaneEdge » 03 Oct 2017, 22:44

I don't really think there's such thing as a perfect buil for everyone, instead I think each individual player has their own perfect build for themselves only which follows said individual's desired playstyle and what works for them, and that they have to find on their own by experimenting anything they see fit... But that's just my thought of course...
IGN: AlbaneEdge
AlbaneEdge

Postby Firon » 03 Oct 2017, 23:12

I'd agree that there's no perfect single build. It all depends on which skills you're using, what enemy you're facing and what partners you're using. Accessories are also a huge factor. I won't list a build because I don't ever plan on getting tempests (the negative elements are painful) but I'll just say that crits aren't so much of a focus, especially for dex users, and attack (with lots of percentage boosters) and elements should be the way to maximize damage. At least, that's how I see it. All with high sf of course.
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Postby Shisui Mikkusu » 04 Oct 2017, 11:19

mhm mhm i c, My build is based on the thought that critical is the most important stat after Attack, since it doubles ur dmg? (or basically critical hit=way more dmg then normal hit) with having equal -or just above 200- crit force. I thought about replacing mikan for rausu aswell to get more ornaments since 24% skill force dont seem that much and it gets a bit balanced by the affinity u get.

3 Tempest seem to be a build that u could consider when fighting against a boss that is weak to rain but technically you have a big loss of crit and only slightly more crit force. 2500 attack more or less dont seem to be a big difference either and the only bigger difference would be skill force. However it is questionable if the difference is rly big enough to compensate for the work that a third tempest would come with(it is also questionable if this build rly will do more dmg in the first place since-again-it's quite a big loss in critical).

as for a tempest knowledge build: TO ME this wouldnt make sense since im only planning to get a Tempest build because im a big fan of Holy element and my Character is based of this Element (he was supposed to be an angel (and he will turn into one once i finished my build(returning to his true form rofl))) so i want to have a tempest build to be able to use Holy. the rain element is just a nice "little" addition lol.
IGN is Probably: Noning Paradox (previously Shisui Hyuga) (other names may also be: Meruem Vermillion), but I've quit the game long ago so idk exactly anymore.
Shisui Mikkusu

Postby Firon » 04 Oct 2017, 17:26

Shisui Mikkusu wrote:mhm mhm i c, My build is based on the thought that critical is the most important stat after Attack, since it doubles ur dmg? (or basically critical hit=way more dmg then normal hit) with having equal -or just above 200- crit force. I thought about replacing mikan for rausu aswell to get more ornaments since 24% skill force dont seem that much and it gets a bit balanced by the affinity u get.

Crits do double your damage on crits if you have 200% crit force but crit rate just shifts your average damage a bit. It's also harder to stack than elements.

Edit: I'm not saying it's not worthwhile, just that a balance of different attack factors is good.
Edit 2: 200% crit force won't actually quite do double damage because of other attack bonuses such as "effective" and "body size effectivity".
Firon

Postby Wibberish » 04 Oct 2017, 22:09

Shisui Mikkusu wrote:3 Tempest seem to be a build that u could consider when fighting against a boss that is weak to rain but technically you have a big loss of crit and only slightly more crit force. 2500 attack more or less dont seem to be a big difference either and the only bigger difference would be skill force. However it is questionable if the difference is rly big enough to compensate for the work that a third tempest would come with(it is also questionable if this build rly will do more dmg in the first place since-again-it's quite a big loss in critical).

Losing some crit is absolutely nothing compared to the 50 Rain, 4k+ attack, and SF+CF that a 3rd Tempest provides. But yes, that build is mostly for pure rain DPS. Personally, I wouldn't even consider using Attack Star Tempests except to spam Aqua Needle/Boulder Dash, but I'm not a bow main. I guess they're also one of the best options for holy and poison.

as for a tempest knowledge build: TO ME this wouldnt make sense since im only planning to get a Tempest build because im a big fan of Holy element and my Character is based of this Element (he was supposed to be an angel (and he will turn into one once i finished my build(returning to his true form rofl))) so i want to have a tempest build to be able to use Holy. the rain element is just a nice "little" addition lol.

Yes, using a Knowledge for holy skills is rather counterproductive. I still think a regular attack star is a poor choice though; it has a pretty high chakra cost and gives fairly little SF and no cooldown cut at all. Unfortunately, the good Knowledge alternatives that don't reduce Holy are basically limited to Prodigals and Fused Bears, which are rather troublesome to obtain. (And if your character is built around Holy, putting 2x Holy Heavenly Shield on your Mikan/Raosu/etc might be an idea to consider.)

Firon wrote:
Crits do double your damage on crits if you have 200% crit force but crit rate just shifts your average damage a bit. It's also harder to stack than elements.

Edit: I'm not saying it's not worthwhile, just that a balance of different attack factors is good.
Edit 2: 200% crit force won't actually quite do double damage because of other attack bonuses such as "effective" and "body size effectivity".

I think you managed to mention literally everything except for bosses' critical resistance, which I find to be the biggest reason why crit often isn't super effective. With most lategame bosses having a critical resistance of 70-80%, even crits with 200 CF only do like 1.2x damage. I don't understand why you say crit is harder to stack than elements though. It's not that difficult to roll 2x Crit on Fated/Confining but rolling the correct elements on Heavenly Shield involves much more RNG, to the point of being almost completely impractical on limited or hard to craft magatama. I can easily get 90-100 crit but getting extra elements from orns on more than 1 of my magatama is not something I tend to consider.
Last edited by Wibberish on 13 Oct 2017, 13:36, edited 1 time in total.
IGN: Renera
Retired
Wibberish

Postby Firon » 05 Oct 2017, 00:54

Wibberish wrote:I don't understand why you say crit is harder to stack than elements though. It's not that difficult to roll 2x Crit on Fated/Confining but rolling the correct elements on Heavenly Shield involves much more RNG, to the point of being almost completely impractical on limited or hard to craft magatama. I can easily get 90-100 crit but getting extra elements from orns on more than 1 of my magatama is not something I tend to consider.

I meant purely by values. Whether it's weapons, magatama or ornaments, the best element bonuses far outstrip the best crit bonuses.
Firon

Postby Shisui Mikkusu » 05 Oct 2017, 09:55

"With most lategame bosses having a critical resistance of 70-80%". WOW lmao that changes absolutely everything and im glad u mentioned it since i never rly noticed but after taking a closer look its rly obvious. If it wasnt for the attack id still say a third tempest (with the exception of getting more rain dps) isnt worth it to me. But the attack is there and its alot so with having more SF aswell i guess it easily makes up for the lack of critical rate (and it also looks way better on your equip lol). Not to mention that with 2 nobunaga dolls ur still likely to have roughly 40 crit which is still decent. damn xD.

Now how about Knowledge magatama? how would u build those for oni kaguya for example? element is probably not needed here xD so would u just go full fated contractor or try to get good crit force aswell? i thought smth like this might be good to strive for:

K mag 1 +24 crit HP/SP

k mag 2 +24 crit HP/SP

k mag 3 +45 crit force Bow aff.

k mag 4 +45 crit force Bow aff.

Since its already too late for me (no good boosts aswell) i cant get another bow mastery and i only have 1 with 8 crit.
Shisui Mikkusu

Next

Return to General Discussion