Field boss thieves

Anything Onigiri related!

Field boss thieves

Postby blueshogun96 » 14 Feb 2018, 20:19

I'm sure that most, if not all of us have ran into this unfortunate scenario once or twice. Some more than others. I hear that field bosses are the best way to level up and gain money. I didn't always know about this, and sometimes I'd avoid them prior to learning this. Before I thought they just gave you lots of money. So the other day I killed a death scythe and went from lv 79 to 84. It took my by surprise, so I hunted a Bloody Nyuudou and applying an exp boost just before finishing it off.

Of course, there's always going to be at least one or two jerks willing to wait until you were almost finished, swoop in and take your EXP, then run off laughing. This happened maybe twice so far. The first time, I let him/her have it and I don't know if that person knew I wasn't interested in fighting it anymore at the time. But he/she seemed eager to kill it. Then tonight, I run into the first death scythe I've managed to spawn in a few days and proceed to try and beat it (I managed to spawn two at the same time somehow, and before I could kill them, cyberstep shutdown the server for maintennance.. I was PISSED)! Since I'm still considered a fledgling, I don't have the really powerful weapons that everyone else has.. and most of the weapons for sale aren't for those who are under level 110. So it takes me a good 10 to 15 minutes to kill one. So just as I was nearly done, someone swoops in, kills it and runs off. Angrily, I started cursing over the whisper feature and returned to the main level. I tried to confront the guy who (I believed) stole my kill, he just said 'lol' and left the game. I apologized to the other guy who was there though (he apparently was there when it happened) because I was cursing.

So please... PLEASE guys... STOP doing that. Sorry for the rant, but urgh... if you had a week like mine, you'd probably be pissed too.

Anyway, has this ever happened to you while you were a noob or intermediate player trying to level up? I've managed to buy a few weapons, but only two powers that are barely capable of doing damage over 90k without a critical hit. Looking into magatamas and upgrading existing weapons also.

Thanks,

Shogun
blueshogun96

Re: Field boss thieves

Postby Wibberish » 14 Feb 2018, 21:22

Almost every player who attacks a field boss is only concerned with the drops, which go to everyone who hit it at least once. Especially the Sekigahara Nyuudous; they drop one of the most sought-after magatamas in the game, Watermelon Magatama, which is a component for the Attack Star line and is very rare despite its high demand. Field bosses aren't super useful for leveling up; you can get level 100 within a couple hours at the warding EXP ticket hunt thing. Even aside from that, competently farming regular dungeons around your level (Hell mode, with a filler party) has always resulted in higher EXP/H than hunting field bosses.

I'm not sure if you've read this elsewhere, but if you're struggling to kill things your level the first thing to do is make sure you aren't using skills below Rank V. There was an update around January 2016 that rebalanced the game and drastically increased the effectiveness of most skills, however for whatever reason that update only applied to Rank V and above skills. For most skills, a Rank V version can do as much as seven times the damage of a Rank IV version.

It is imperative that new players keep their partners leveled and know how to utilize Momotarou's skill extraction and Yoshitsune's Rank V skill evolution when smelting. Example, you could identify any random spears that each have Thunder Crack V, IV, III, use those skills and level them to 30,25,20 respectively, convert the skills into cards via Momotarou, and then put the skills on a high level spear you would like to use, repeating for bad RNG if necessary. Then, upgrade that high level spear, choosing the Skill Evolution option when smelting. When your spear has been enhanced to +50, its skills would be three Thunder Crack Vs.

It is also useful to check the wiki (example: Spear page, Sword page)and pay attention to skills' Skill Force, which is effectively how much damage the skills do. Then, after using the skill and noting its speed and its area of effect, you can get a feel for how useful it is. (Thunder Crack V-VI is very very fast and good for rapid DPS, but has a small area of effect and is not useful for mobbing.) Note how Thunder Crack V has a skill force of 885 at level 1, while rank IV has a skill force of 253. You should never, ever, ever be attacking with skills ranked below V.

Aside from that, it is crucial to get two accessories with +10%, +15%, or +20% attack. Cooldown Cut and Affinity are also highly useful. You can get two of these accessories via the story (with no cooldown cut) but you must reach the very end of the currently released story.

Oh, and finally, make you sure know what skill force means. Skill force magatama for your chosen weapon are the basics of the basics. +500% skill force means six times damage, it's that simple. Example: Four Araya Magatama, which are sword magatama that give +45% Rank 5+ skill force, mean your sword skills at Rank V or above do +180% damage, 2.8x. Don't worry about elements until you are 115+ and have attack and skill force worked out.
Last edited by Wibberish on 14 Feb 2018, 21:41, edited 3 times in total.
IGN: Renera
Retired
Wibberish

Postby I_AM_ME » 14 Feb 2018, 21:24

You guys should've just made a party and laugh each other while being ass-whoop by the field boss. Would've been a better result unlike what happened. You'll share the drops tho the last hit would get a higher exp. MMORPG games are meant to be played with other people !
I_AM_ME

Postby Marimo » 14 Feb 2018, 22:43

Wibberish wrote:Field bosses aren't super useful for leveling up; you can get level 100 within a couple hours at the warding EXP ticket hunt thing.

PC and PS4 have the warding exp dungeon, so unless the player is playing on XB1, they probably don't even have the warding exp dungeon yet... I wouldn't know what content they're currently on since the last I heard was that they got the Lucifer update. Also, congratz PS4 for having the Bazaar stalls for 2 years and 3 months later... :\
IGN
Lv 130 Hrist Valkyrie
Lv 130 Lenneth Valkyrie
Lv 131 SilmeriaValkyrie
Lv 130 Alicia Valkyrie
Lv 30 Hrist Valkyrie
Lv 30 Lenneth Valkyrie

Year of CRASHgression, foaks! ⌐_⌐
Marimo

Postby Riddras » 16 Feb 2018, 22:03

What happened could have just been a misunderstanding, but I can't say since I wasn't there.

A good way to deal with field bosses is to open party and invite nearby people to get equal share of the loots and stuff.

I'm assuming you're doing a No Exp Warding character, so yes, field bosses and then later on full party in high lv dungeons is the way to go. Do let me know if you ever wanna party or just run dungeons for fun. We can maybe run with my LLR character.
Ign: Riddras
Lv: stuck at Lv.132
b(O.o)b --- q(o.O)q
USPC 2014-2021
Riddras

Postby Khaos Muffins » 21 Feb 2018, 14:04

Lol
Git gud skrub
Vote Trump 2020 bitches
Khaos Muffins

Postby Dark Deceiver » 21 Feb 2018, 17:00

Like others have said, field bosses aren't exactly viable for EXP, only loot. They're also there for everyone, fair game for all.

If you're struggling to do damage or progress in dungeons, besides better mags and weapons, mayhaps you should look into your weapon affinity and skill force.

Also hey Khaos, haven't seen you on here in a long time. 2016, in fact.
RIP Onigiri USPC: 2014-2021
Dark Deceiver

Postby hola a todos » 07 Mar 2018, 20:26

I do not say it to offend but it is because it gives me nothing more than xd but the thieves are the low lvls since these give special magas to be fused and above all tempest for the 3 fused they ask and the magas those cost a lot to remove them and these said bosses or whatever you want to call people give those legendary wizards xddd with forgiveness would have been better not aver made such a thread pa and aver made one pa as upload before lvl as there is a mega easy answer and is chifuri in onigashima hehe it is clear that I did not look for anybody or something like that. I said this lucky thing with the upload of lvl that is not so difficult until the 128th
hola a todos

Return to General Discussion