Why do you play?

Anything Onigiri related!

Re: Why do you play?

Postby Miyacchi » 22 Mar 2018, 22:00

I'm also a fan of the combat system, and also the fact that I "whaled" on the game to the point where I just have to keep playing since I put money in it.
Miyacchi - Level 130

The person that hybrids 5 weapons :^D
Miyacchi

Postby Marimo » 24 Mar 2018, 21:21

The horrendous and travesty updates along with the foul feedback that cause havoc into the game's PT recruitment messages. The combat system which they ripped off $hitnyx's Rakion before the game was completely dead on P2W desperate approach, and I also put money into it which I regretted doing so... Furthermore, the story of the game where someday YoSHITsucks and Kaguya both die alongside with our fave gaming company selling off Onigiri to another gaming company such as Square Enix or a different one where it rots in Monopoly's BANKRUPTCY! Nobody will miss them... That's about it from me...
IGN
Lv 130 Hrist Valkyrie
Lv 130 Lenneth Valkyrie
Lv 131 SilmeriaValkyrie
Lv 130 Alicia Valkyrie
Lv 30 Hrist Valkyrie
Lv 30 Lenneth Valkyrie

Year of CRASHgression, foaks! ⌐_⌐
Marimo

Postby EmeraldWolf » 01 Apr 2018, 01:48

Marimo wrote:The horrendous and travesty updates along with the foul feedback that cause havoc into the game's PT recruitment messages. The combat system which they ripped off $hitnyx's Rakion before the game was completely dead on P2W desperate approach, and I also put money into it which I regretted doing so... Furthermore, the story of the game where someday YoSHITsucks and Kaguya both die alongside with our fave gaming company selling off Onigiri to another gaming company such as Square Enix or a different one where it rots in Monopoly's BANKRUPTCY! Nobody will miss them... That's about it from me...

That's a strange reason to keep playing, sounds to me like you let something dark out right there.
EmberWolf is my main character.

British player: Give me more story plz ;_;
EmeraldWolf

Postby Riddras » 01 Apr 2018, 06:05

Guess I’ll put my 2 pennies worth.

This is perhaps stating the obvious, but different people have different reasons to play, and a reason to play for one person may be a reason not to for another. Personally, I wouldn’t be playing if I don’t at least enjoy the game. And with that, here’s my listing of examples, which btw is not necessarily how I feel about this game:

Story:
+I like the game’s story and narrative, because it feels like I’m watching an Anime at times, so I want to see how it ends.
-I don’t like how they tell the story. It goes along too slowly and some of it is forgettable.

Game mechanics:
+The combat is really fun. I like how we get direct control over character attacks in combat.
-I don’t like the combat mechanics, it is messy without any real flow and is repetitive.

Free to Play:
+I like how this game is Free to Play, so I don’t feel pressured and play for fun whenever I want to. I pay whatever amount I feel like putting in.
-I don’t like Free to Play, it attracts people who are not committed to the game since they have not invested enough/any of their money/time. You get many trolls with multiple accounts/characters.

PVP:
+No PVP is nice, so there are less people with high blood pressure screaming at their screens and each other.
-No PVP is boring. Monsters go down too easily and the end game content is lacking.

Luck:
+I like the element of luck put into the game such as Nyankoropon and weapons/mags upgrades. It makes me feel like a very lucky winner whenever I get what I want.
-I hate the prevalent implementation of luck in the game, especially Nyankoropon and weapons/mags upgrades. I pay good money, so just give me what I want.

Character design:
+I like the characters and cute costume designs. Being able to choose between Type A/B is an added bonus.
-I don’t like how revealing the character designs can be. It makes me feel embarrassed playing it.

Player population:
+I like how there are not too many players like certain other games. It makes me feel we’re in a niche grouping and not simply following mainstream gaming.
-I don’t like how there are too few players playing this game. It robs me of playmates and players who may be able to help me along.

EXP Dungeon:
+I like how they implemented the EXP dungeon. I can level up characters quickly and not miss out too much on the game because of the need to grind.
-I hate the EXP dungeon. It makes levelling up too easy and takes away the feeling of achievement obtained by putting in the hard work.

Content updates:
+I like how often the game gives us updates. It keeps the game exciting with new contents and stuff.
-I hate the constant updates and changes. I have to keep downloading slow updates every week. It feel like the game can’t decide what it want to be.

Game enforcement:
+I like how the game takes a free hand approach to enforcement. I feel free to play how I want without the constant fear of being banned or being in the wrong side of the rules.
-I hate how lenient the in-game enforcement is. Too many players take advantage of it and act like pricks.

In –game currency:
+I like how they differentiate the types of currency available in-game. It gives clear purpose for each type, and the bazaar tax is a good way to keep inflation in check.
-I hate the confusing amount of currencies used. 30% bazaar tax is also too high.

Trading:
+I like how there is no traditional items trading in-game. While there are ways around it, it keeps the game fair and prevents the system from being too abused.
-I hate how there is no trading in-game. I have many items on different characters that would benefit the other, but I can’t just send them over to each other.

Game stability:
+I don’t mind the lag and errors too much. It keeps the player population low. Casual players will leave, while keeping only the hardcore players around.
-#$%$&^%*^($

I didn’t mean for this to be a long post, and some of the points can be a bit of a stretch, but there you go.

TLDR: For want a thousand efforts, for not a thousand excuses. To put it simply, people who want to play, will, and those who don’t, won’t.
Ign: Riddras
Lv: stuck at Lv.132
b(O.o)b --- q(o.O)q
USPC 2014-2021
Riddras

Postby EmeraldWolf » 02 Apr 2018, 18:00

Riddras wrote:Guess I’ll put my 2 pennies worth.

This is perhaps stating the obvious, but different people have different reasons to play, and a reason to play for one person may be a reason not to for another. Personally, I wouldn’t be playing if I don’t at least enjoy the game. And with that, here’s my listing of examples, which btw is not necessarily how I feel about this game:

Story:
+I like the game’s story and narrative, because it feels like I’m watching an Anime at times, so I want to see how it ends.
-I don’t like how they tell the story. It goes along too slowly and some of it is forgettable.

Game mechanics:
+The combat is really fun. I like how we get direct control over character attacks in combat.
-I don’t like the combat mechanics, it is messy without any real flow and is repetitive.

Free to Play:
+I like how this game is Free to Play, so I don’t feel pressured and play for fun whenever I want to. I pay whatever amount I feel like putting in.
-I don’t like Free to Play, it attracts people who are not committed to the game since they have not invested enough/any of their money/time. You get many trolls with multiple accounts/characters.

PVP:
+No PVP is nice, so there are less people with high blood pressure screaming at their screens and each other.
-No PVP is boring. Monsters go down too easily and the end game content is lacking.

Luck:
+I like the element of luck put into the game such as Nyankoropon and weapons/mags upgrades. It makes me feel like a very lucky winner whenever I get what I want.
-I hate the prevalent implementation of luck in the game, especially Nyankoropon and weapons/mags upgrades. I pay good money, so just give me what I want.

Character design:
+I like the characters and cute costume designs. Being able to choose between Type A/B is an added bonus.
-I don’t like how revealing the character designs can be. It makes me feel embarrassed playing it.

Player population:
+I like how there are not too many players like certain other games. It makes me feel we’re in a niche grouping and not simply following mainstream gaming.
-I don’t like how there are too few players playing this game. It robs me of playmates and players who may be able to help me along.

EXP Dungeon:
+I like how they implemented the EXP dungeon. I can level up characters quickly and not miss out too much on the game because of the need to grind.
-I hate the EXP dungeon. It makes levelling up too easy and takes away the feeling of achievement obtained by putting in the hard work.

Content updates:
+I like how often the game gives us updates. It keeps the game exciting with new contents and stuff.
-I hate the constant updates and changes. I have to keep downloading slow updates every week. It feel like the game can’t decide what it want to be.

Game enforcement:
+I like how the game takes a free hand approach to enforcement. I feel free to play how I want without the constant fear of being banned or being in the wrong side of the rules.
-I hate how lenient the in-game enforcement is. Too many players take advantage of it and act like pricks.

In –game currency:
+I like how they differentiate the types of currency available in-game. It gives clear purpose for each type, and the bazaar tax is a good way to keep inflation in check.
-I hate the confusing amount of currencies used. 30% bazaar tax is also too high.

Trading:
+I like how there is no traditional items trading in-game. While there are ways around it, it keeps the game fair and prevents the system from being too abused.
-I hate how there is no trading in-game. I have many items on different characters that would benefit the other, but I can’t just send them over to each other.

Game stability:
+I don’t mind the lag and errors too much. It keeps the player population low. Casual players will leave, while keeping only the hardcore players around.
-#$%$&^%*^($

I didn’t mean for this to be a long post, and some of the points can be a bit of a stretch, but there you go.

TLDR: For want a thousand efforts, for not a thousand excuses. To put it simply, people who want to play, will, and those who don’t, won’t.

This is the strangest thing I had to read, it's interesting how you counter every point you make but some are kinda of a stretch and at the end of it all I still don't really get 'Your' reason for playing. Also having to come up with a good point for the game stability being a good thing is pretty hilarious as lag is never good.
EmberWolf is my main character.

British player: Give me more story plz ;_;
EmeraldWolf

Postby Riddras » 03 Apr 2018, 05:38

Oh sorry about that. Guess it wasn't very clear. For me, I play because it's fun. It has its ups and down, but I try not too think too much about it.

While there are other things I could have been doing besides playing Onigiri, I have to say I don't really have regrets for putting some of my time in it. After all, a moment enjoyed is not wasted.

これからも、 よろしく おねがいします。
Ign: Riddras
Lv: stuck at Lv.132
b(O.o)b --- q(o.O)q
USPC 2014-2021
Riddras

Postby Nexta » 04 Apr 2018, 00:32

The game is not really time consuming. Yes you can grind like there is no tomorrow and then *puff* an event that grants you easy items which you can get by spending an hour per day. I've actually gotten all of my items from events - never rly bothered to grind anything other than event items and quest items. Leveling is easy but still it can take a while before hitting the maximum depending on what your priorities are. Game is really rewarding to regular casual players even by just logging in once per day and giving them opportunity to spend whatever they amassed in like a couple of hours and still feel fulfilled.
Game is fun because if you're good you can solo almost everything that really matters. Game is really hard if you jump in unprepared. You don't really need to have alts but you still get some bonuses from having a bunch. One char is all you need to try all the content. The element of luck and the removal of the possible ways to get an item after a period gives a lot of uniqueness which yet again favors the old timers and regular players. You can play the game without spending a dime and still be on par with the best. Game favors solo players ( which I prefer ) but it still gives a lot of goodies for team players.
I still haven't met any assholes in game ( probably because I don't communicate much but everyone I've talked to is nice and usually helping ). No pvp - never my thing in a game except if it's main purpose is pvp ofc. Every week there is something new ( even if it's not much I still anticipate it ). Trading is ... well unique - you can manage without it but it's nice addition that can help you in the long run. Moderators do a lot of mistakes but compensate for them and most of the time everyone get something as a bonus. Combat is unique - I've played only bow from the start and even if it's not on the high damage tier it's still awesome because of its mechanics so there is somewhat of balance and you can be good with every weapon with enough time invested. I also like that there are caps for everything so if u wanna be a beast you can try to cap everything that matters! Art is nice also. Well there are a lot of faults/bugs/whatevs but I don't really care much about em because this is a really unique game that hooks you up and in the same time it gives you a lot of time for your real life. I gave up on all of the previous mmos that I've played ( and I've played a lot ) because of all the time they took from me. I actually give up every game which needs total dedication just so I could be in the rows of the top players ( I just play to best a game ). I'm happy that I found Onigiri because of this reason.
Oh and for once - crit is not a main stat - sooooo if I get enough damage I'll be able to hit max dmg without crit - muhahahahaha!!!! Actually one of my long term goals in the game.
Nexta

Previous

Return to General Discussion