Some newbie questions ;-;

Anything Onigiri related!

Some newbie questions ;-;

Postby haha123123 » 02 Jul 2018, 03:20

Hello~ I just started playing a week ago (came back after many years later) and I am a little confused with all the stuff in the game. Hopefully someone can help me out.. My progress is now at the Izumo Rest Area.

1. Does the Nothingness Magatama not work? Because I have two equipped but I am still gaining exp from dungeons.

2. Where can I get Golden Acorn for crafting the Black Bear Magatama and Brown Bear Magatama? The dungeons accessible from Sakura Kintoku do not seem to drop it.

3. Is there not a concern anymore for farming friendship items within +/- 10 levels from the monster, or doing so greatly increases the drop rate for the friendship items?

4. I have no idea what to spend my Energy on. I am currently level 83 thanks to the Sakura Kintoku dungeons and am equipping only a Sunrise weapon with a Magatama -Ten-.

5. What is a reliable way to get more Points for purchasing things from the Point Daruma?

6. What is the next wand I should get after the Sunrise series weapons?

7. Is the Moon King liquor bugged? Because I don`t see a big change in my movement speed.

8. Why can`t i smelt weapons past level 40?

Thanks!
haha123123

Re: Some newbie questions ;-;

Postby Dark Deceiver » 02 Jul 2018, 10:07

1. Depends on the dungeon and if you have any boosts going on. The exp reduction caps at -115% exp gain bonus.

2. I'm not sure if the dungeons still drop them, but if they do than it's just the low drop rate, as they're atrocious.

3. It no longer matters what your level for friendship items to drop.

4. I personally recommend not worrying about the energy too much yet, just concentrate on advancing in the story, leveling up, and getting better weapons and mags.

5. Selling loot that you don't need from enemies to the Point Daruma.

6. Not a wand user, but I'd say anything from the later dungeons and areas, especially Wardings.

7. Nope, it's not bugged, just nerfed. It's only a slight increase in speed, nothing substantial.

8. Could be partner level or lack of funds and/or materials.
RIP Onigiri USPC: 2014-2021
Dark Deceiver

Postby Riddras » 02 Jul 2018, 19:14

Just to add a bit:

1. There is now a permanent 100% exp boost for characters below level 100. So stacking 2 nothingness mags will no longer give you 1 exp per kill. I have been hoping they would remove the boost as time goes on, but no luck so far.

4. On energy usage, may I recommend running daily wardings for the card drops? They are fairly quick to do and easy on normal.

6. The new weapons seems to be very good well past level 100 (up to level 120?). Maybe as a wand user you can go for level 115 garg weapons for the elemental bonus afterwards

8. Considering you are at Izumo right now, it's likely to be Yoshitsune's partner level. You can smelt to level 100 once she reaches about level 20.
Ign: Riddras
Lv: stuck at Lv.132
b(O.o)b --- q(o.O)q
USPC 2014-2021
Riddras

Postby haha123123 » 07 Jul 2018, 17:16

Thanks Dark Deceiver and Riddras!

I got a few more questions as I progressed into the game (at the start of Tanegashima now).

Weapons
1. What Staff are people using to put these three Ougi - Rapid Storm, Meditation and Extend Heal?

Liquor
I compiled a checklist on the type of liquor I would desire to carry but I am troubled by the level at which the bottle count increases, popular liquor that people use nowadays, as well as the Sommelier/One on the House levels. Similar to Miroku (Negotiation trait), power leveling Ibaraki Douji (One on the House trait) makes me troubled. As such, she is currently at friendship level 8 (One on the House level 1, one wine bottle).

My questions:
2. The level of Ibaraki Douji to unlock the third wine bottle. I know that for the second one I need to level her to a friendship of 12.

3. Which three wine bottles that people are normally using nowadays, and what liquor are in them. I am playing as a Wand/Staff Hybrid. Would appreciate if someone could shed some light on the liquor combination for a close-range physical class too.

Magatama - Godly Dissolution
4. Do I need to max Kaguya`s Godly Dissolution in order to receive 4 random stones upon dismantling a Magatama?

Leveling
4. How do I solo to level 120 from level 100? I heard people did Mine of Boukyaku in the past with a party. Do I just run the Exp Warding (50 energy cost)?

Event
5. Will the SP gacha ticket fragments and SP gacha tickets be deleted at the end of the event? Some of the event achievements reward the ticket fragments but I do not want to waste my effort if they will be deleted.

6. Will I be able to obtain the recipe for crafting Frozen Hell Magatama by clearing the event dungeons on Hard Mode?

Thank you so much!
haha123123

Postby Riddras » 07 Jul 2018, 19:28

1. Depending on your stats and what you want out of it. Mediation is atk based and Extend heal is mostly skill force. I think Maximillion cross is a good choice for the Mnd+24. But for later on, any staff with high atk/+atk/% and added skill force is good.

2. Ibaraki level 22, but if your Amaterasu has sakimita +1 bottle collector then it can be 19.

3. Moon King and Chidori seems to be the default 2 for most people. Mist tengu is a good choice for 3rd one (atk and mountain element). I used to run Moth orchid too. Others can be useful too, but I find that the durations are too short. Bottles like Golden skull cup and Fool's portion give extra effects if needed. Otherwise just go for ones with more cups.

4. Can't really tell since it is random. Certain mags will only give out certain stones.

4(5?). For solo, Exp warding with drop boost is quite efficient. Running high level dungeons with exp boost along with mount can supplement it well while waiting for energy recovery. I used to grind Kaguya's home before there was exp wardings and the exp gain relaxed. Nowadays it's probably any dungeon you can get to through the main story line, as you go along. Filler partys would help too for more exp.

5(6?). Hard to say. CS has a habit of not following through with some things, like previously SP fragments was supposed to be deleted after maintenance, but they were still around afterwards. However, it is best if you take their announcements seriously and use the tickets just to be on the safe side.

6(7?). Haven't heard of anyone getting it other than in hell mode. If it does drop in hard mode, it's probably even lower than it already is on hell.

-correct me if I got any of this wrong.
b(O.o)b --- q(o.O)q
USPC 2014-2021
Riddras

Postby Fate~ » 10 Jul 2018, 14:55

5(6?). Hard to say. CS has a habit of not following through with some things, like previously SP fragments was supposed to be deleted after maintenance, but they were still around afterwards. However, it is best if you take their announcements seriously and use the tickets just to be on the safe side.

They weren't supposed to be deleted. CS actually planned to let players use them for the next event as the Sp fragments didn't specify a specific gacha like the Zunda one in the special gacha section.
IGN: Fate~
"Weapon": Staff
Build: Support/Healer
I can't carry...but I can try to support.
Fate~

Postby Fate~ » 10 Jul 2018, 15:03

4(5?). For solo, Exp warding with drop boost is quite efficient. Running high level dungeons with exp boost along with mount can supplement it well while waiting for energy recovery. I used to grind Kaguya's home before there was exp wardings and the exp gain relaxed. Nowadays it's probably any dungeon you can get to through the main story line, as you go along. Filler partys would help too for more exp.

Exp dungeon is too reliable and it's recommended not to use it as you are fine without it until level 106 where you get your Satan weapons. People will secretly judge you if you are a really high level and is heavily under-geared.
IGN: Fate~
"Weapon": Staff
Build: Support/Healer
I can't carry...but I can try to support.
Fate~

Postby Riddras » 10 Jul 2018, 19:17

Fate~ wrote:They weren't supposed to be deleted. CS actually planned to let players use them for the next event as the Sp fragments didn't specify a specific gacha like the Zunda one in the special gacha section.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Just to clarify, I was referring to previous announcements over the years, not just specifically the most recent one. Sometimes CS keeps them, sometimes they don't, and on other times they can be somewhat vague. My advice to him was that it is much safer to use them instead of keeping the tickets and later finding out they are gone.

http://onigiri.cyberstep.com/info/topic/update/19262
5/29: Closing Events
- All unused "SP Gacha Tickets", "Torn Piece of the SP Gacha Ticket", and "Premium Gacha Ticket" will be deleted.

http://onigiri.cyberstep.com/info/topic/update/19549
6/12: Reminder
All SP Gacha Tickets, Torn Pieces of the SP Gacha Ticket, Premium Gacha Tickets, Zunda Gacha Tickets, Zunda Premium Gacha Tickets and their corresponding torn pieces will all be deleated on25th of June at the start of maintenance.

http://onigiri.cyberstep.com/info/topic/update/19668
6/26: Finished Events
-The Zunko collab event nyankoropons will be removed.
*Players will no longer be able to use their SP Gacha Tickets, Premium Gacha Tickets, Zunda Gacha Tickets, and Zunda Premium Gacha Tickets. All tickets with the exception of the SP Gacha Tickets will be deleted next week during the 7/2 maintenance.

http://onigiri.cyberstep.com/info/topic/update/19716
7/3: Closing Events & Bug Fixes
- The Zunda Event has now ended, and all achievements(?), event Gacha Tickets, and limited boosts have been removed.

Fate~ wrote:Exp dungeon is too reliable and it's recommended not to use it as you are fine without it until level 106 where you get your Satan weapons. People will secretly judge you if you are a really high level and is heavily under-geared.

Again, sorry for the misunderstanding. I was referring to his question on leveling to 120, not at lower levels.

haha123123 wrote:4. How do I solo to level 120 from level 100? I heard people did Mine of Boukyaku in the past with a party. Do I just run the Exp Warding (50 energy cost)?

A combination of dungeons and wardings should be good. Of course different people will have different opinions on leveling, among other things. Yes, I understand about the high-level/under-geared thing, thank you for the feedback. Personally, I also have several characters that strictly do not use exp tickets, or low level raiders with permanently equipped double nothingness mags. Each have their own ways of enjoyment yes.
b(O.o)b --- q(o.O)q
USPC 2014-2021
Riddras

Postby haha123123 » 12 Jul 2018, 01:28

Riddras, thanks for your help!

Fate~ wrote:
Exp dungeon is too reliable and it's recommended not to use it as you are fine without it until level 106 where you get your Satan weapons. People will secretly judge you if you are a really high level and is heavily under-geared.

I was trying to equip the Magatama -Hundred Million- which requires level 120 and gives +200% Skill Force. I am just trying to get stronger what is wrong with that? Why cant I attempt to get more power in order to do difficult dungeons? It is like you are telling someone new without any good stuff to farm dungeons while missing out 50% skill force for free. By the way I just started playing this game again since the start of the month on a new character because my highest level back in the days was only level 35.
haha123123

Return to General Discussion