I've Had it with Events

Anything Onigiri related!

I've Had it with Events

Postby Winter de Solis » 17 Oct 2018, 06:58

I don't post often. It's been like 6 months. But when I do, it's usually not in a positive light. And right now, I've endured it till I had enough. One, because I spent too much effort and time dealing with Jagex to explain why they shouldn't capitalize off cheaters who abuse their events at the expense of everyone else instead of banning them and two, because Cyberstep yourself isn't faring much better. And I had to come to this mess after Jagex's screw up, where I moved to when Blizzard also screwed up by demanding payment for each expansion for World of Warcraft even though I wasn't even interested in said expansions.

Also, I've seen people saying Maplestory, Elsword Online, Ragnarok etc. are crashing and burning because they too are getting ruined by corporate greed (more accurately, corporate competition asphyxiation from billions of other games getting shat out by new gaming industries every day), so I guess the 'milk the cow until the teats are gushing blood' type micro transactions are spreading like plague amongst anything MMO. And yet, yes, I actually do catch flak from loyal white knights in shining armour when I stand up against marketing tactics that go beyond the line (like how I referred to Jagex deliberately profiting off of cheaters who break their rules), on Reddit, on Twitter and even on Youtube (because hey, none of you gaming companies, including you guys at Cyberstep, know that your own official forums actually exist on planet Earth).

So after having been through a lot up there excuse me for sounding absolutely critical when I return here in a pickle. Because, hey, I'm not starting this event in a good mood. To be precise, I'm even late to the event thanks to the debacle from before. I missed part 1, but yo, I let that slide because I'm not going to blame Cyberstep for me dealing with fuck ups of other similar MMOs and their toxic waste of hive mind communities. But starting late on part 2 - that was a stretch. Why? Because having missed out on just 4 days on part 2, I'm already locked out of getting enough articles of awakening scraps for one awakening and several pieces of special and normal event gacha tickets. The later I'll overlook even (yes I was that patient) because out of 16 spins with free ocs and those tickets on my main and 7 free spins with tickets and ocs on 5 other characters, I've gotten not a single partner. Not even Ibaraki Douji's new swimsuit on gold line up, which wasn't even my goal. (My goal being Komachi)

So I thought, screw the ticket pieces, they aren't that great anyways especially since I don't have enough now to make one more ticket on any character. But here's the thing that really irks me with these temporary events, I may as well list them out in full:

1) The time frames of the events are too damn tight.
2) Each dungeon requires significant grinding and rng to get anything worthwhile
3) Event items eat inventory space. If you don't believe me, I still have useless oni cones, rainbow cherry blossoms and 1 hiragana partner scroll in my inventory. The event for the first two mentioned items have expired. And the hiragana partner scroll I got from the dungeon after I already maxed her out so canot use up that scroll anymore.
4) Event announcements are glitched. Why is it everytime I delete the expired Valentine's event or any other expired event from any of my characters from the Story->Quests->Sub menu, they COME BACK when I relog???
5) I've given up collecting any more partners or reskins of partners. I've given up on Komachi because even if I collect them all across my 6 characters (yes across 6 characters, not all per character for I'll go bankrupt and possibly kill myself for being retarded in collecting everyone per character) you're just gonna release more via temporary events.
6) Each time an event is gone, those who miss out don't have a chance. I rather you slow down and revise some events so those that miss out can have another go like you did with Amanojaku, Sasaki Kojirou and Hound Dog. But that isn't something I see often.
7) Focus and expand more on permanent content. I already no longer care if you keep adding more npcs or wardings to Onigashima like it's a dumpyard anymore. Just expand on permanent content.

Now, I've said piece. Doubt you employees of Cyberstep are gonna read my rantings so I'll even send this to customer support's 'Contact us' if that makes a difference. Just a heads up though, while your dungeons are a horrible grind, believe it or not, it's actually more engaging than the crap Runescape puts out now, which is - click, wait, click, wait, click, move then click again (they used to have dungeons and quests for events before their devs also gone lazy).

Right I'll be off now. There's other communities to worry about. I'm done with this event (not the game mind you) in the meantime.

Holy shit, been holding back so much steam after so much happened in and outside this game and even in real life at work.
Winter de Solis

Location: Depends. I'm in edo but the other Solis sister characters are elsewhere.

Re: I've Had it with Events

Postby Dark Deceiver » 18 Oct 2018, 03:13

Frankly, I'm surprised that you're still alive after dipping into WoW. Most who do so end up as zombies.

But yes, you're on the mark about your complaints. Even comparing it to other games isn't an excuse, as just because others do it too doesn't make it good or any better. I hate how the events are always the same.

1. Grind items and exchange them or spin the box.
2. Rinse and repeat.
3. ???
4. There is no profit from this.

It's monotonous, and chips away at you until you're nothing but a husk. And it sucks too, since Onigiri COULD be an actual fun MMORPG. It's the only one I've ever played where I enjoyed its combat system.
RIP Onigiri USPC: 2014-2021
Dark Deceiver

Return to General Discussion