Question & Answer Thread

Anything Onigiri related!

Re: Question & Answer Thread

Postby MxnPride » 10 Jul 2014, 13:13

SupremeTentacle wrote:
KittyKat wrote:Just reached Sekigahara. What's the difference between joining the east and the west army? Thanks in advance.

Joining the fatty's army is the only way to get the fox's monster card, and vice versa.

Mitsunari (fox's) monster card is required for a spear title.

Ohh... which title is that and what bonus does it give?! You sure its the only way... cause that will suck monkey balls...
MxnPride - Level 70 - Part Time
MxnPride

Postby *Lai » 10 Jul 2014, 13:28

I have a Kikusenkaku +30.
Sadly, it's a low grade (13), so it isn't as durable as others I've found, but it has great skills.

I tried to smelt it with another Kikusenkaku yesterday to unlock the next 10 enhancement levels, but the smelting attempt failed. I lost the materials, but the original was preserved (the artisan options prevented my original from being destroyed).

I am nervous about trying again. I blew most of my money on the attempt.

Was this just my first encounter with the Smelting RNG bad luck?
Or can this weapon not be smelted/upgraded past +30?
*Lai

Postby MxnPride » 10 Jul 2014, 13:38

I had experience with failing at smelting. I didn't use any support items. I went for +30 and +40 both time it failed twice. The durability went down randomly from 10 to 30ish.

I suggest saving those support items for end game gear. Since a pain to get them free.
MxnPride - Level 70 - Part Time
MxnPride

Postby *Lai » 10 Jul 2014, 13:41

Thanks for sharing your experience.
So, as a level 14 casual player, do you think maybe I should just stick with my +30 for now and not worry about going further until I am higher leveled and have a new weapon?
*Lai

Postby Rebecca » 10 Jul 2014, 15:43

Well, change your equipment when you're grinding byakou cave, but other than that it should be enough for now

for the marble drop answer, did people actually confirm that daiku cave HARD (and not Hell) solo (and no any other party size) and only this condition drops those marbles, and that its not "its true cause jap wiki says so"

Cause so far I have spent at least 3 hours in daiku cave, only marble I ever received was a black marble
Last edited by Rebecca on 10 Jul 2014, 15:50, edited 1 time in total.
Rebecca

Postby Otonashi » 10 Jul 2014, 15:49

*Lai wrote:Thanks for sharing your experience.
So, as a level 14 casual player, do you think maybe I should just stick with my +30 for now and not worry about going further until I am higher leveled and have a new weapon?

Refer to here for chances to fail / break while smelting. Weapons only break going from +50 to +60 onwards, so (I'm assuming you used a button?) the button you used was wasted. All weapons can be upgraded to +100, with the limit being Yoshitsune's Grinding level and nothing else.

That being said, it's probably good to keep your Kikusenkaku till you can equip your next set of Twin Swords. Refer here for why you shouldn't use blue / red / gold weapons.
  僕    甘    真    柔
  ら       い    っ       わ
  は   絶     白    ら
  い    望     い     か
  る     の   ︑      い
︒     中                     ︑
                   に
                  ︑
Otonashi

Postby *Lai » 10 Jul 2014, 16:07

Thank you Otonashi. I found the wiki page already (after I'd asked the question), and this is greatly helpful for planning.
Equally so is your link to the other discussion about weapon rarities. I understand a lot more now.
So my current chosen weapon (gold) will be ridiculously costly to continue upgrading compared to having done so with, say, some of the "lower" twin blades.

I did use a button. Ah well. At least it's not like when I used up all my soul eggs in the first 10 minutes of CBT.
I still have two more buttons. I'm not even sure where I got them.
*Lai

Postby thinien » 10 Jul 2014, 17:01

Where do I find mobs that drop Thunder Stone?
thinien

Postby SupremeTentacle » 10 Jul 2014, 17:05

Rebecca wrote:Well, change your equipment when you're grinding byakou cave, but other than that it should be enough for now

for the marble drop answer, did people actually confirm that daiku cave HARD (and not Hell) solo (and no any other party size) and only this condition drops those marbles, and that its not "its true cause jap wiki says so"

Cause so far I have spent at least 3 hours in daiku cave, only marble I ever received was a black marble

I've gotten an orange and a serpentine.
Selling all of my gear for ~40% of its market value!
~4 lv. 108 to 115 weapons remaining
Some skill card 7's, ougi, orna'd maga and other stuff too!
SupremeTentacle

Postby Keitaro » 10 Jul 2014, 17:37

SupremeTentacle wrote:
Rebecca wrote:Well, change your equipment when you're grinding byakou cave, but other than that it should be enough for now

I've gotten an orange and a serpentine.

daiku hard solo
Keitaro

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion