Question & Answer Thread

Anything Onigiri related!

Question & Answer Thread

Postby Otonashi » 05 Jul 2014, 21:06

To keep the number of threads being opened to ask a single question to a minimum (there have been a lot lately), I hope everyone can ask their questions here instead. I'll keep a compilation of (common) questions in this post so that it's easier to ctrl-f. There's a well-hidden search function on this forum as well.

Requesting Sticky and [spoiler][/spoiler] and/or [spoiler="Name"][/spoiler] tags. I'm using the [code][/code] tags right now since they have a scroll function, but they look bad and don't allow links.

Weapons
Code: Select all
How do I enhance a weapon past +10?
—You should get a quest regarding Smelting from Yoshitsune. ~Otonashi

Magatama
Where can I find (insertcolor) Glass Marbles?
—All, including the more advanced marbles like Orange and Ash, of them drop from Daiku Cave, Solo Hard. Purple, Blue, Red, White and Black Glass Marbles also drop in any location up until Izumo's field area. They have been reported to drop from other dungeons in the Kikaigahara area, as well as in parties.

Liquor
What does "Resolute" from Benten's Blessing and Moth Orchid do?
—Resolute allows you to tank one hit that would have otherwise hit you. It only works once per alcohol use, and the alcohol does not expire after. ~SupremeTentacle

What does "Unbreakable" from Rusty Bloom do?
—Unbreakable allows you to use broken weapons, however it is currently broken and doesn't do anything. ~SupremeTentacle, Ryxa

Skills
How much Mnd do the Staff's Support Skills require?
—As a general rule, it's Skill Rank*10 = Required Total Mnd. ~Otonashi

How does Wis affect SP costs?
—Every 10 points of Wis reduces the SP costs of Wand and Staff spells, but not other weapons, by a certain amount. A table can be found here: http://onigiri.wikia.com/wiki/Stats#Wis_.28Wisdom.29:

How do Skill Cards work?
—Skill Cards will replace a random skill on the current weapon you have currently equipped if it matches the weapon type. IE Bow skills can only be on Bows, Odachi skills on Odachi, etc. If that weapon already has that skill, you cannot use the Skill Card. ~Kusanagi

What are the 4th and 5th Skill Slots for?
—The 4th and 5th skill slots are for Ougi, which are more powerful skills that you can get through Nyankoropon. ~Otonashi

How does Skill Extraction work?
—The skill is not removed from the weapon, instead the skill gets its level lowered without other consequences. Note that skill levels aren't bound to weapon but rather are the same throughout all of that type of weapon. In addition, Momotarou can only extract higher ranking skills as his Skill Extraction increases in level. ~Otonashi

How does Skill Force work?
—Skill Force increases your damage by the specified amount. For example, if you had a Scorpio Magatama (Rank 9+ Spear Skill Force +62%), skills of rank IX and above would deal 62% more damage. If you had two of them, they would stack additively i.e. total 124%. ~Otonashi

Why can't Momotarou evolve my skills?
—Read this: http://onigiri.cyberstep.com/_/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3252 ~Otonashi

Status
What's the best way to boost my damage output?
—At later parts of the game, Skill Force > Element > Flat Damage > Affinity & Affinity%. This is because Affinity caps at 3000, while Flat Damage has no cap, but is still a flat modifier which doesn't add as much as multipliers like Element and Skill Force (E.G. 20 Holy Element = 100% Holy Skills do 20% more damage, 50% Skill Force = Skills do 50% more damage). Skill Force affects all your skills while Element only affects those with that element. ~Otonashi

How does the critical stat work? Is the number a %? Is it 2x your normal attack? Is there a way to increase the critical dmg?
—The number shown in your status screen is the percentage chance to crit. Certain items and ornamentations add something called Critical Force, which is probably tied to critical damage somehow. It also presumably increases with your Dex. ~Otonashi

Does the Status Point Reset reset your Character Type as well?
—It resets the Character Type. You can choose again from scratch. ~SupremeTentacle

Partners
Do I need to summon my Partner to activate his / her Abilities?
—No, excluding the "Battle" ability which determines their battle strength. ~SeekerFate

Quests
Why can't I enter any of the dungeons in Izumo?
—You need the Purity Magatama that you have crafted equipped in order to enter the dungeons in Izumo. Once you have cleared Izumo (reached Kyoto) you can enter without the Purity Magatama.  ~Otonashi

I can't proceed with the Repairing Benkei quest!
—You need to clear Hiraga Gennai's subquest first, which requires you to clear Ankan Forest and talk to the Momijina at the end. ~Otonashi
Last edited by Otonashi on 25 Jul 2014, 04:06, edited 20 times in total.
  僕    甘    真    柔
  ら       い    っ       わ
  は   絶     白    ら
  い    望     い     か
  る     の   ︑      い
︒     中                     ︑
                   に
                  ︑
Otonashi

Re: Question & Answer Thread

Postby Tigerruss » 05 Jul 2014, 21:39

I have a couple questions about some liquors, I couldn't find information with the search about them.

What does "resolute" from Benten's Blessing do?
And what does "unbreakable" from Rusty Bloom do?
Tigerruss

Postby SupremeTentacle » 05 Jul 2014, 21:44

Unbreakable allows you to use weapons with 0 remaining durability

Resolute allows you to tank one hit that would have otherwise hit you. It only works once per alcohol use, and the alcohol does not expire after.
Selling all of my gear for ~40% of its market value!
~4 lv. 108 to 115 weapons remaining
Some skill card 7's, ougi, orna'd maga and other stuff too!
SupremeTentacle

Postby Taicho-Senpai » 05 Jul 2014, 21:48

I thought skills had to be maxed before extraction? What's the real level circumstance for extraction? (I'd find out myself but eh. . .lazy):

How to get through any MMO without paying a cent in-game or IRL: Find a rich player and tell him you're a Japanese girl.
Taicho-Senpai

Postby Otonashi » 05 Jul 2014, 22:09

No clue, seems like extraction doesn't need maxed. Rank 2 only needs level 15 (I think, my level 20 rank 2s get reduced to 6 from extraction). Guess you only need max for evolution.
  僕    甘    真    柔
  ら       い    っ       わ
  は   絶     白    ら
  い    望     い     か
  る     の   ︑      い
                   に
                  ︑
Otonashi

Postby kumadown » 06 Jul 2014, 00:13

How do/ Can you enhance a weapon past +10, I'm trying get some of my gear past 10, but yukihime won't let me, at +10 my items has this little gold lock thing on it
kumadown

Postby ekrezem » 06 Jul 2014, 00:20

Any idea minimum Mnd required for Invigorate in each rank? Or minimum Mnd required for most Heal/support skills o.o
ekrezem

Postby Otonashi » 06 Jul 2014, 00:42

kumadown wrote:How do/ Can you enhance a weapon past +10, I'm trying get some of my gear past 10, but yukihime won't let me, at +10 my items has this little gold lock thing on it

You should get a quest regarding Smelting from Yoshitsune. I'm not entirely sure if her friendship level needs to be at a certain level (probably 2).
ekrezem wrote:Any idea minimum Mnd required for Invigorate in each rank? Or minimum Mnd required for most Heal/support skills o.o

As a general rule it's Rank*10 = required total Mnd.
  僕    甘    真    柔
  ら       い    っ       わ
  は   絶     白    ら
  い    望     い     か
  る     の   ︑      い
                   に
                  ︑
Otonashi

Postby mhel » 06 Jul 2014, 03:59

How Elements in magatamas/weapons affect the Character's Stats?
is it +DMG/+Resistance on Certain Element?
mhel

Postby Otonashi » 06 Jul 2014, 06:34

mhel wrote:How Elements in magatamas/weapons affect the Character's Stats?
is it +DMG/+Resistance on Certain Element?

Afaik it's exactly that. Factoring out elements, damage is calculated as Damage*(1-Defender'sElement)*(1+Attacker'sElement). Of course this hasn't been extensively tested and is based off the JP Wiki.
  僕    甘    真    柔
  ら       い    っ       わ
  は   絶     白    ら
  い    望     い     か
  る     の   ︑      い
                   に
                  ︑
Otonashi

Next

Return to General Discussion