Question & Answer Thread

Anything Onigiri related!

Re: Question & Answer Thread

Postby Miyano311 » 25 Jun 2017, 18:51

Mermidon wrote: I had been looking at some of the posted guides and the general layout of increasing your stats was pretty basic and well written but, I didn't see anything on respecing your class.

Respecing "class" in Onigiri is like: See which weapon class you want to switch to -> re-invest stat points for that class -> get weapons of that class -> get magatamas that buff that class.
Forgot my IGN rip (lvl 12- wait I forgot that too)
Miyano311

Location: Probably one of the hottest place on Earth... oh wait

Postby Mermidon » 25 Jun 2017, 18:54

Yeah. Like any game of this scope, I started off blind but, now that I'm somewhat invested, I'm trying to map out how I want to level up. So, I've been spending a lot of time looking at the boards for info. thanks again btw.
Mermidon

Postby Firon » 25 Jun 2017, 20:19

Miyano311 wrote:Respecing "class" in Onigiri is like: See which weapon class you want to switch to -> re-invest stat points for that class -> get weapons of that class -> get magatamas that buff that class.

For people changing classes, I'd recommend getting your new gear before you reset your stats. It's hard getting your new gear when you have nothing. I've seen a few people fall into this trap already.
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Postby Miyano311 » 26 Jun 2017, 00:08

Firon wrote:
Miyano311 wrote:Respecing "class" in Onigiri is like: See which weapon class you want to switch to -> re-invest stat points for that class -> get weapons of that class -> get magatamas that buff that class.

For people changing classes, I'd recommend getting your new gear before you reset your stats. It's hard getting your new gear when you have nothing. I've seen a few people fall into this trap already.

Whoops, my bad
Miyano311

Postby X-Facter » 26 Jun 2017, 05:21

Use skill force magatama. 50% skill force = 1.5x damage, 200% skill force = 3x damage, etc.
4x Amara Magatama will triple your damage if you only use Rank 6+ sword skills.[/quote]

I see some improvement but the even those magatama equipped and resetting my status points to fit that of a sword user the damage output is still barely doing anything, i tried upping my skills to to higher levels but it's a long and daunting process that doesn't yield much results, is there a quicker more efficient to get my skills to 6 or higher? I heard you can fight mobs but i don't have any skills that are good for that.
X-Facter

Postby MystX » 26 Jun 2017, 05:37

X-Facter wrote:Use skill force magatama. 50% skill force = 1.5x damage, 200% skill force = 3x damage, etc.
4x Amara Magatama will triple your damage if you only use Rank 6+ sword skills.

I see some improvement but the even those magatama equipped and resetting my status points to fit that of a sword user the damage output is still barely doing anything, i tried upping my skills to to higher levels but it's a long and daunting process that doesn't yield much results, is there a quicker more efficient to get my skills to 6 or higher? I heard you can fight mobs but i don't have any skills that are good for that.

I don't recommend using magatamas that gives skill force for rank 6 and above. You should get those that are for rank 5+ since most ougis started from rank 5 and it's kinda hard to get 3 rank 6+ skills on the same weapon.

The best way to get high-ranked skills is to do the daily Skill Card warding at Chifuri on Hell mode. It's super easy and you can get rank IV-VII skill cards. You collect them and put it on your weapon until you get the skill set that you want. For example, I put 3 Fierce Slash rank V, VI and VII on my weapon to maximize the damage output since it have +Wind element.

Note : Make sure to use skills that are rank 5+ because they have higher skill force.
MystX

Postby X-Facter » 26 Jun 2017, 14:36

MystX wrote:
X-Facter wrote:Use skill force magatama. 50% skill force = 1.5x damage, 200% skill force = 3x damage, etc.

I don't recommend using magatamas that gives skill force for rank 6 and above. You should get those that are for rank 5+ since most ougis started from rank 5 and it's kinda hard to get 3 rank 6+ skills on the same weapon.

The best way to get high-ranked skills is to do the daily Skill Card warding at Chifuri on Hell mode. It's super easy and you can get rank IV-VII skill cards. You collect them and put it on your weapon until you get the skill set that you want. For example, I put 3 Fierce Slash rank V, VI and VII on my weapon to maximize the damage output since it have +Wind element.

Note : Make sure to use skills that are rank 5+ because they have higher skill force.

The wind gem one hit killed me, I tried normal and I did just fine but that only gave rank II-III skill cards. Is there a strategy for approaching this dungeon cause just attempting it eats up nearly my whole stamina guage.
X-Facter

Postby Miyano311 » 26 Jun 2017, 17:54

X-Facter wrote:
The wind gem one hit killed me, I tried normal and I did just fine but that only gave rank II-III skill cards. Is there a strategy for approaching this dungeon cause just attempting it eats up nearly my whole stamina guage.

Attack with sth quick, then back off. Classic kiting.
Miyano311

Postby Riddras » 27 Jun 2017, 00:37

Damage progression should look something like this:
Weapon Affinity > Skill Force > Criticals > Elements

So you can probably try to ornament your Amara mags with Fated Contractor or something. You'll start to see the effects around 40+ crit.

Sword skills generally aren't used for mobbing (except maybe ougis), but if you want to some minor crowd control, I would suggest Dust Storm Blast, Tornado Drop, maybe Icicle Massacre. Still not as good as the other weapons' versions.

Edit: I just remembered Flying Lightning Strike doesn't go past rank 5...

MystX wrote:I don't recommend using magatamas that gives skill force for rank 6 and above. You should get those that are for rank 5+ since most ougis started from rank 5 and it's kinda hard to get 3 rank 6+ skills on the same weapon.

I agree on the Skill Card Warding dungeons for rank 6/7 skills.

Also agreed on having Skills Force rank 5+ mags. But I think the best thing about Amara is that you can get them very easily from Miroku's bargains for next to nothing and try to get the perfect ornament as many times as you want.
Ign: Riddras
Lv: stuck at Lv.132
b(O.o)b --- q(o.O)q
USPC 2014-2021
Riddras

Postby X-Facter » 06 Jul 2017, 15:31

First i want to say thank you, now that i got some higher level skills as well as a few ougi i'm starting to see some real improvement, i can tackle some stuff that i couldn't before better and i'm not totally reliant on my support characters anymore but i'm also running into a couple of problems as well. Friendship leveling, is there other way to do it beside presents because not only are presents very hard to gather but the friendship level need for fated encounter as well as the amount of ship items needed to get to that level are astronomical. Then there's momotaro i swear to god even when some of my skills are maxed out he acts like there are no evolvable skills on any of my weapons at all, i know there are some skills that stop evolving after a certain point but skills that i was trying to evolve like crimson sword and dust storm IV still had higher forms yet acts like the skills are not even there despite that level status SAYING MAX. Finally there's sword drops rates, whether it be skill cards or weapons it's like none of the dungeons whether it be gold hunt, skill card hunt or otherwise want to give me anything sword related that's useful if the dungeon gives me any swords at all. I kid you not when i say i can find skills and weapons related to ever other class but a simple sword. I sorry if this is coming of as a rant but i've been really trying to roll with the punches this game throws at me and seems like the stuff it's asking for is becoming ridiculous.
X-Facter

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion