New Crafted Mags?

Anything Onigiri related!

New Crafted Mags?

Postby Firon » 25 Jun 2017, 20:37

What are people's thoughts on the new crafted "Prodigal" Magatama?

Here are the stats for the TS one's (reworded a bit since I'm not reading of the crafting screen - hope these are right...):
Prodigal Magatama - Twin Sword
Code: Select all
TS rank 5+ skill force+170% at lvl 130
sp cost reduction+5
cool down time+10
crit force+15
durability cost reduction+10 (the good way)
slice+30
pierce+15
impact-20

chakra cost 35
purity: 11
3 ornamentation slots
Untyped
4.5k def/mdef

It seems like there's only one ornament you'd ever want if you have enough chakra. Your options are really limited, anyway, since it's untyped.

(note that all the stats are fixed, so you're getting all three exactly as they're written)
Inevitable Last Stand - III
cost: 8 chakra
Atk+1500
Rank 3+ Skill Force+25%
durability cost reduction+3 (the good way)

Also, notice how it's 11 purity even though we can only ornament up to 7 purity (IIRC)? Apparently that's okay since you only need Kaguya's ornamentation level at 1+.

As for my thoughts? Tasty, but also makes capping affinity really hard and not so relevant and really cuts down on your build options if you're going for this.
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Re: New Crafted Mags?

Postby Wibberish » 25 Jun 2017, 22:12

Getting Prodigals with multiple 11 purity ornaments is too impractical--you would need 40 of each orb for one such magatama. Even with those ornaments, I don't feel like the Prodigals are much better than other options in most situations. The only thing I would really want to use them for is Rapid Shot spam, since there aren't many other great options for stacking pierce. Even though they have a low chakra cost, their usefulness is mitigated by the facts that they are untyped and that the 11 purity ornaments add +8 chakra each. I could maybe see some people using them with 2 tempests and a low chakra magatama, instead of 3 tempests or 2 tempests + knowledge/mastery.

About the orbs: according to the update post, they only restock once per month at the Daruma. So even if you buy points with OC, you can only get 2 of each orb every month. And assuming an average of 1 gold tier every 5 spins, which is a fairly high estimate, you would need to spend over 6,000 OC to get 40 of each orb via the Nyankoropon. These magatama require far too much investment, and I am saving every last drop of my OC for the accessory nyan in hopes of Oda accessories.

BTW, all the new ornaments are on the wiki if anyone's curious.
IGN: Renera
Retired
Wibberish

Postby Miyano311 » 26 Jun 2017, 00:04

Tbh the new mags suck; needed too much money to be invested or too much luck.
1 serenial-sth mag should be enough for a build.
Forgot my IGN rip (lvl 12- wait I forgot that too)
Miyano311

Location: Probably one of the hottest place on Earth... oh wait

Postby Firon » 26 Jun 2017, 00:34

Might as well add the stats of the mentioned magatama:

Dancing Water Magatama - Tempest (from the wiki)
skill type
55 Chakra
Rank 5+ Twin Swords Skill Force +120%
If under Remaining HP:50%, Rank 4+ Twin Swords Skill Force +50% (this seems to clash with quite a few upper level weapons from what I've seen)
Ice Element +50
Fire Element -30
Rain Element +30
Lightning Element -20
Critical Force +30%
Cool Down Reduction +15
▪If Level: 130 or more, Attack+2500

Magatama of Knowledge
Power type
37 chakra
15% Yog-Sothoth damage reduction
150% skill force (all weapons) at lvl 130
dark +50
holy -50
atk spd+10
cool down reduction+10
increases durability consumption by 30%

Twin Blades Mastery Magatama
Yog-Sogoth damage reduction +15%
Twin Sword Rank 5+ Skill Force+150% at lvl 128
Atk spd+10
Atk spd+5 if hp at 100%
Atk spd+5 if hp<10%
Cooldown+10
Cooldown+5 if hp at 100%
Cooldown+5 if hp<10%
SP reduction+10
SP reduction+5 if hp at 100%
SP reduction+5 if hp<10%
Crit force+20
Dark+50
Holy-50
Slice+30
Impact-30
Durability consumption+40%

Miyano311 wrote:Tbh the new mags suck; needed too much money to be invested or too much luck.
1 serenial-sth mag should be enough for a build.

I agree that they need a lot of luck and investment, but purely by it's stats, I think it's still good.

Wibberish wrote:About the orbs: according to the update post, they only restock once per month at the Daruma. So even if you buy points with OC, you can only get 2 of each orb every month. And assuming an average of 1 gold tier every 5 spins, which is a fairly high estimate, you would need to spend over 6,000 OC to get 40 of each orb via the Nyankoropon.

Golden Floret description wrote:Obtained through the dissolution of a Senryu Magatama or through the Nyankoropon.

No idea how many you get through dissolution, though.

Wibberish wrote:I could maybe see some people using them with 2 tempests and a low chakra magatama, instead of 3 tempests or 2 tempests + knowledge/mastery.

I was thinking more along the lines of:
3 prodigal mags with 7 of 9 ornaments filled in.
TS rank 5+ skill force+510% at lvl 130 (+175% from orna's. Well capped if the cap is still the same)
sp cost reduction+15
cool down reduction+30
crit force+45
durability cost reduction+30 (the good way)(+21 from orna's)
slice+90
pierce+45
impact-60
(+10500 atk from orna's)

total chakra

last slot
double heavenly Rausu (7 chakra total)

Super difficult/expensive build which can vary in elements depending on your Rausu.

Edit: Added Twin Blades Mastery Magatama which I'd forgotten.
Last edited by Firon on 26 Jun 2017, 01:52, edited 1 time in total.
Firon

Postby Wibberish » 26 Jun 2017, 00:43

Firon wrote:No idea how many you get through dissolution, though.

You get one orb from dissolution. Hence the >6,000 OC for one ornamented magatama.

A comparison would be 2 Tempests with 4x Fated Contractor, one Mastery with 2x Fated Contractor, and a Sparrow with 2x Confining Terror/Unblinking Eye. +80 CF, +5,000 attack, more cooldown cut & attack speed, still caps SF easily, same SP reduction, 30 slice, 50 dark, 60 secondary tempest ele, 100 primary tempest ele, and room for full ornaments. I don't think a bit of extra attack is really worth giving up 15,000 OC, lots of element/CF, and all of your ornament slots; at most, I would consider these builds roughly equal. But the main problem lies with how impractical the costs are. I would be shocked if even 1 person on the US server had the build you mentioned.
Retired
Wibberish

Postby Firon » 26 Jun 2017, 02:03

Wibberish wrote:
Firon wrote:No idea how many you get through dissolution, though.

You get one orb from dissolution. Hence the >6,000 OC for one ornamented magatama.

lol, dreams crushed.

Wibberish wrote:A comparison would be 2 Tempests with 4x Fated Contractor, one Mastery with 2x Fated Contractor, and a Sparrow with 2x Confining Terror/Unblinking Eye. +80 CF, +5,000 attack, more cooldown cut & attack speed, still caps SF easily, same SP reduction, 30 slice, 50 dark, 60 secondary tempest ele, 100 primary tempest ele, and room for full ornaments. I don't think a bit of extra attack is really worth giving up 15,000 OC, lots of element/CF, and all of your ornament slots; at most, I would consider these builds roughly equal. But the main problem lies with how impractical the costs are. I would be shocked if even 1 person on the US server had the build you mentioned.

Yeah, it's fairly impractical. I was guessing that the magatama would be hanging around in the nyankoropon every now and then so it'd be something you could build over time but I guess it's still very impractical. I personally dislike tempests since it has a high chakra cost, clashes with a lot of weapons, fixes you into an element set (and if this doesn't align with your class's sublime skills, then that would suck) and you can't try riskier ornaments on them (which is also true for prodigal mags), but then again, it's the only other "high tier" magatama that's currently available as far as I'm aware.
Firon

Postby Wibberish » 26 Jun 2017, 11:58

Firon wrote:Yeah, it's fairly impractical. I was guessing that the magatama would be hanging around in the nyankoropon every now and then so it'd be something you could build over time but I guess it's still very impractical. I personally dislike tempests since it has a high chakra cost, clashes with a lot of weapons, fixes you into an element set (and if this doesn't align with your class's sublime skills, then that would suck) and you can't try riskier ornaments on them (which is also true for prodigal mags), but then again, it's the only other "high tier" magatama that's currently available as far as I'm aware.

There is also Emanation Magatama, Lightning Scorched Magatama, & Magatama of Incredible Winds which are roughly on par with Tempests. Perhaps Emanation + Lightning Scorched + mastery/knowledge/prodigal + 4th maga could make for a fire/lightning TS backup build. I agree that the elements for Dancing Water can clash, and Thunder Quake is even worse. But Tempests are usually very good for other weapons, especially staff, bow, and wand.
Retired
Wibberish

Postby Firon » 26 Jun 2017, 18:08

Wibberish wrote:
Firon wrote:Yeah, it's fairly impractical. I was guessing that the magatama would be hanging around in the nyankoropon every now and then so it'd be something you could build over time but I guess it's still very impractical. I personally dislike tempests since it has a high chakra cost, clashes with a lot of weapons, fixes you into an element set (and if this doesn't align with your class's sublime skills, then that would suck) and you can't try riskier ornaments on them (which is also true for prodigal mags), but then again, it's the only other "high tier" magatama that's currently available as far as I'm aware.

There is also Emanation Magatama, Lightning Scorched Magatama, & Magatama of Incredible Winds which are roughly on par with Tempests. Perhaps Emanation + Lightning Scorched + mastery/knowledge/prodigal + 4th maga could make for a fire/lightning TS backup build. I agree that the elements for Dancing Water can clash, and Thunder Quake is even worse. But Tempests are usually very good for other weapons, especially staff, bow, and wand.

I think I dismissed these due to their high chakra and durability costs but looking at them again, they're not bad as alternatives when used in combination with other magatama.
Firon

Postby Riddras » 27 Jun 2017, 00:22

Looking forward to getting the new mags mostly for my low level raider. They're great because of the level requirement. Really hoping to roll some of these, and if I'm lucky enough (unlikely) maybe to ornament on some nothingness mags :!:
Ign: Riddras
Lv: stuck at Lv.132
b(O.o)b --- q(o.O)q
USPC 2014-2021
Riddras

Return to General Discussion