Triple Piercing Wedge Wand

Anything Onigiri related!

Triple Piercing Wedge Wand

Postby Hedger1177 » 02 Aug 2017, 19:25

Hello guys, Hedger here. I wasn't quite sure exactly which part of the forum to post this so I figured General Discussion would be best. Anyways, I was experimenting with the Piercing Wedge wand skill after I had got some in the skill card dungeon at various ranks, as I've never seen it used in action before and wanted to see if it would be useful. After building up a Reptos (http://onigiri.wikia.com/wiki/Reptos), which actually isn't too bad of a weapon btw, if you can identify it easily, I collected quite a bit of them identifying the weapons on hell for the daily stones (cost effective way to identify 300 weapons for the monthly artisans) and you if have some spare dura tickets and/or a tailor on you (since base dura is below 1000), it does around the same damage as an Inti Raimi.

Having placed two rank V's and a rank VI version of this skill on the Reptos (saving the Rank VII for the ideal weapon that I have in mind for this setup, which I'll get to in a bit) I tried it out running a couple dungeons and I was quite pleased with the results. Rank V hits about six times and Rank VI about eight. While it might not be the most damaging skill out there (that depends on if you can get all the arrows to hit), it has decent cool down and AMAZING durability consumption, it uses up 1 durability point per tick, so it's very good setup to have if you haven't built up dura on your weapon yet, since it takes REALLY long to use up a substantial amount. It has decent mobbing potential, if you gather them in one area and quickly fire off all three. You can't roll out if it, but you can cancel out of it by using another skill.

Now the weapons I really want to test this on, are the Lancelot wands, which I don't think there's a wiki link for, but give you 15 to 50 Pierce element, depending on which Wand you craft. But seeing as I'm at level 111 and still have a crapton of farming and levelling to do, I can't tell you how the experience is there. This is very niche, but I wanted to put it out there in case anyone might want to try. You'd have to run the skill card warding a lot and this skill doesn't seem to drop as frequently as the others (although that might be just my experience) and the weapons aren't the easiest to get, unless you want to try on something without the Pierce element. But if you get enough of the skill cards and the right weapon, I think it would be a useful addition to a wand user's arsenal.
IGN: Hedger1177
Hedger1177

Re: Triple Piercing Wedge Wand

Postby Miyano311 » 02 Aug 2017, 22:25

Havent seen such a quality post for a while...
Hedger1177 wrote: You'd have to run the skill card warding a lot and this skill doesn't seem to drop as frequently as the others (although that might be just my experience) .

Maybe its not just you. Lance of Flame somehow doesnt drop as often as other spear skills which is similar to Piercing Wedge .
Still why no Collapsing Blade drop for spear... got a bunch for oodachi and axe
Last edited by Miyano311 on 03 Aug 2017, 05:09, edited 1 time in total.
Forgot my IGN rip (lvl 12- wait I forgot that too)
Miyano311

Location: Probably one of the hottest place on Earth... oh wait

Postby Firon » 02 Aug 2017, 22:53

The skill force seems decent but I wonder how useful pierce is. Seems like it gets forgotten a lot and is usually hard to build.

By the way, do you know how the durability works? It seems to be from the new durability system but here's what I'm getting (from looking at the details- not in-game testing):
Rank 5: 10 durability total
Rank 6: 11 durability total
Rank 7: 14 durability total

By tick, did you mean the number of hits or is it a multi-stage skill?

Might as well put the details here while I'm at it:
Rank 5: 1005 sf +2 per level
Rank 6: 1200 sf +2 per level
Rank 7: 1500 sf +2 per level
All 100% pierce with a range of 18m. They also all have 1 multihit... but I've forgotten how multihit calculations work OTL
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Postby Wibberish » 03 Aug 2017, 08:26

Like I've said before, Piercing Wedge is just an Icicle Needle clone that's pierce instead of ice. Pierce is a pretty useful element; purple mephi is slightly weak to it and many other bosses, including Abyss Gargoyle, are neutral towards it. However, it's fairly difficult to stack pierce with magatama and no other weapon can come to close to Rapid Shot spam in terms of pierce DPS.
IGN: Renera
Retired
Wibberish

Postby Hedger1177 » 03 Aug 2017, 11:36

Firon wrote:The skill force seems decent but I wonder how useful pierce is. Seems like it gets forgotten a lot and is usually hard to build.

By the way, do you know how the durability works? It seems to be from the new durability system but here's what I'm getting (from looking at the details- not in-game testing):

All 100% pierce with a range of 18m. They also all have 1 multihit... but I've forgotten how multihit calculations work OTL

I meant per hit. I've haven't gotten all the arrows to land yet, so I'm not sure how much it would be if I did. Stating my findings from general observation.

Wibberish wrote:Like I've said before, Piercing Wedge is just an Icicle Needle clone that's pierce instead of ice. Pierce is a pretty useful element; purple mephi is slightly weak to it and many other bosses, including Abyss Gargoyle, are neutral towards it. However, it's fairly difficult to stack pierce with magatama and no other weapon can come to close to Rapid Shot spam in terms of pierce DPS.

Wibberish, that's exactly what I was thinking of when it came to its uses. Yes, as I said, it's not the easiest thing to do, and I don't think personally I would even attempt trying to stack Pierce with magatama at all, but I believe it would be really nice on a Sovereign Wand (along with the standard good skill force mags ofc).
IGN: Hedger1177
Hedger1177

Postby Firon » 04 Aug 2017, 00:46

Hedger1177 wrote:
Firon wrote:The skill force seems decent but I wonder how useful pierce is. Seems like it gets forgotten a lot and is usually hard to build.

I meant per hit. I've haven't gotten all the arrows to land yet, so I'm not sure how much it would be if I did. Stating my findings from general observation.

Thanks for the clarification. Needed that for for the wiki.
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Return to General Discussion