Damage and Stat Calc

Anything Onigiri related!

Re: Damage and Stat Calc

Postby Firon » 01 Sep 2017, 21:38

Ok, new version. I just called it v1.1. Nice and simple.
The changes are pretty much what I mentioned before. Things in brackets are ignored. Instead of moving elements I just changed it back to four files to make it more manageable. I've also changed the "how to use" file but I'm not too sure about how easy it is to follow. I'm hoping that the program is intuitive so it won't be needed much.

Enjoy.

Edit: Looks like I broke bonus damage and maybe some other stuff but I won't release another version just yet since I think I've done that a few too many times. I'll just continue to build on my own copy until it seems stable enough and has all the features I may come up with and then release the next version after some proper testing.
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Postby Firon » 03 Sep 2017, 22:05

New version (2.0). I corrected a few things so it's much more accurate now (+/-1 damage on gloom daruma testing). I think this will be the last version unless something is added to the game because I don't think making a more accurate version is worth it.
Changes:
-Bonus Damage input and display have been fixed.
-Square brackets multiply groups in the Stat file.
-Crit Multiplier has been added (for Otherside weapons etc.).
-Enemy Def calculations fixed.
-Other Minor corrections for accuracy.
-Atk, P.Def (there's literally 1 enemy with this), and M.Def values have been added to enemy parameter input.

As always, Enjoy
Firon

Postby Firon » 04 Sep 2017, 02:30

I somehow managed to mess up the magic attack calculations order so there's a new version (2.1) now OTL. You shouldn't need it if you don't use magic attacks.

The correction is the only difference between it and 2.0.

Edit: Found a bug but it's not really worth fixing. The y/n values are case-sensitive so they have to be typed in lower-case.
Firon

Postby Wibberish » 17 Sep 2017, 17:58

Do you know how healing is calculated? Especially for assist partners. It would be very useful to be able to determine whether adding pow or wis would increase their heal more given a certain amount of bonus (weapon) attack.
IGN: Renera
Retired
Wibberish

Postby Firon » 17 Sep 2017, 21:30

Wibberish wrote:Do you know how healing is calculated? Especially for assist partners. It would be very useful to be able to determine whether adding pow or wis would increase their heal more given a certain amount of bonus (weapon) attack.

This is all untested but here's what I found:
Shared Variable
mndMultiplier=1 if you have sufficient mnd or a decimal if not. Let me know if you want the exact rates for insufficient mnd.

For players:
x=random number between min and max atk.
skill=(the skill's skill force)*skill force multiplier (e.g. 2028*2 for Cure VII level 1 and +100% staff sf)

if the skill has a basePower (2236 for Cure VII),
heal = skill*(1+arctan((x-basePower)*0.25/skill))*mndMultiplier, truncated.
if not, heal=skill

For assist partners
z=100+wis*2*(wis growth partner growth rate), capped between 100 and 300.
atkpower=(pow aff bonus[same as on the stats page]*pow*(pow partner growth rate)+100+weapon atk)*(partner atk multipliers)

heal=atkpower*rate*mndMultiplier[where mnd=mnd*z/100].
The rate here is either 1 or the skill HPHealSkillEffect rate (e.g. 0.25 for Greedy Mercy - Heal III - Gargoyle). The latter makes more sense but I can't see any reference to it in the function.

Applied to both:
The minimum heal is 10 and there's a 70% "damage" cut if you go over the hit number as always. There are no "effective" heals.
Firon

Postby AlbaneEdge » 18 Sep 2017, 01:41

And now the game has added the chaining system to give you some more work to do...
IGN: AlbaneEdge
AlbaneEdge

Postby Firon » 18 Sep 2017, 03:18

AlbaneEdge wrote:And now the game has added the chaining system to give you some more work to do...

lol, I actually did spend a lot of time checking if I needed to do any work on this but it turns out it's more of a skill version selector for Hideyoshi (it does nothing for all other characters).
Firon

Postby Wibberish » 18 Sep 2017, 14:05

Firon wrote:
Wibberish wrote:Do you know how healing is calculated? Especially for assist partners. It would be very useful to be able to determine whether adding pow or wis would increase their heal more given a certain amount of bonus (weapon) attack.

This is all untested but here's what I found:
Shared Variable
mndMultiplier=1 if you have sufficient mnd or a decimal if not. Let me know if you want the exact rates for insufficient mnd.

For players:
x=random number between min and max atk.
skill=(the skill's skill force)*skill force multiplier (e.g. 2028*2 for Cure VII level 1 and +100% staff sf)

if the skill has a basePower (2236 for Cure VII),
heal = skill*(1+arctan((x-basePower)*0.25/skill))*mndMultiplier, truncated.
if not, heal=skill

For assist partners
z=100+wis*2*(wis growth partner growth rate), capped between 100 and 300.
atkpower=(pow aff bonus[same as on the stats page]*pow*(pow partner growth rate)+100+weapon atk)*(partner atk multipliers)

heal=atkpower*rate*mndMultiplier[where mnd=mnd*z/100].
The rate here is either 1 or the skill HPHealSkillEffect rate (e.g. 0.25 for Greedy Mercy - Heal III - Gargoyle). The latter makes more sense but I can't see any reference to it in the function.

Applied to both:
The minimum heal is 10 and there's a 70% "damage" cut if you go over the hit number as always. There are no "effective" heals.

So basically it's just P. Atk * (HP Recovery Skill Force/100) * 0.25... That produces 100% accurate values for my Gargoyle. And algebra says that her pow growth rate is 0.5 and her wis growth rate is 0.6? Do you have the rates for insufficient mind (assuming it applies to partners too) and the other partners' growth rates & rate for Heal III?
IGN: Renera
Retired
Wibberish

Postby Firon » 18 Sep 2017, 23:19

Seems like I missed a bracket. Nice catch.

So, for partners, it should be:
heal=atkpower*rate*mndMultiplier*z/100

Wibberish wrote:Do you have the rates for insufficient mind (assuming it applies to partners too) and the other partners' growth rates & rate for Heal III?

Sufficient Mnd gives 1 for the mndMultiplier but the values for insufficient are:
-1: 0.6
-2: 0.5
-3: 0.4
-4: 0.3
-5: 0.2
-6: 0.16
-7: 0.13
-8: 0.12
-9: 0.11
anything else: 0.1

Growth rates for partners
Garg