Damage and Stat Calc

Anything Onigiri related!

Damage and Stat Calc

Postby Firon » 25 Aug 2017, 04:22

I've made an Onigiri Damage Calculator which isn't so useful for most people (but I'll put it here anyway). It's not exact but it does get close.

Damage And Stat Calculator v2.1.

I wrote it in C so it might say something like "unknown publisher" but the source code is also there if you want to compile it yourself for whatever reason.

Nothing much else to say here since there are instructions included. I think I've covered most things there but feel free to let me know if I've missed something or if you have any questions.

Enjoy.

Edit: I should probably mention that some skill multihit cut values on the wiki are incorrect since there should be a default value of 50 when it's not included.
Last edited by Firon on 04 Sep 2017, 02:28, edited 6 times in total.
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Re: Damage Calculator

Postby Wibberish » 25 Aug 2017, 19:33

I get the error "The program can't start because VCRUNTIME140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." I do have Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 and repairing my installation for that accomplished nothing.
I attempted to download MinGW and compile source.c and this is what I got:
Edit: By the way, a maximum of 20 hits might be a little low. Tidal Wave Sublime hits 20 times and Asuka Assist VII hits 24 times. Dunno if there are partner skills that hit even more times; pretty sure Game of Crossfire can if the target is ginormous enough and you're standing inside it (Hyakume).
Wibberish

Postby Firon » 25 Aug 2017, 20:31

I'm not too sure about the VCRUNTIME140.dll thing so I'll try to look into that a bit more but the min/max thing is probably because it used a precompiler instruction to replace them with ternary operators. Replacing max(a,b) with a>=b?a:b and min with a<=b?a:b should work if the compiler doesn't have min(a,b) and max(a,b) defined. I did also use min and max as variables so changing those might also be necessary (although this is less likely).

Wibberish wrote:Edit: By the way, a maximum of 20 hits might be a little low. Tidal Wave Sublime hits 20 times and Asuka Assist VII hits 24 times. Dunno if there are partner skills that hit even more times; pretty sure Game of Crossfire can if the target is ginormous enough and you're standing inside it (Hyakume).

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll increase the max and probably release another version soon (with affinity calculations and some other stuff).
Firon

Postby Firon » 26 Aug 2017, 00:30

Looks like I missed something when I compiled it. I'll put it back up when I finish the newer version.
Firon

Re: Damage and Stat Calc

Postby Firon » 31 Aug 2017, 07:01

I've changed the link to the new version. I've tested it on another computer so it should work. As I worked on it and added affinity, I thought that I should add some other stuff since it's taking stats for affinity calculations anyway and it eventually became a full stat calculator. Here are some things to note.
  • Keywords are priority-based and a few of them have several accepted keywords now.
  • The stats only have upper caps since no one really wants to cap negative stats, right? For the level cap, I put 200 since that's the game defined cap. I'm aware that the current cap is 130.
  • The caps are for players. Partners have different caps (which I haven't included).
  • I'm not 100% sure but I think the Skill Chain Speed is referring to multi-component combo skill speeds after the first hit. This is only applied to physical skills but since the magic version uses m.cast speed, I'll assume that both types use it.
  • The source code is included in case you want to compile it yourself. The min and max macros might cause problems if the compiler doesn't have them defined. If so, stick these at the top of the source file:
    #define min(a,b) (((a)<(b))?(a):(b))
    #define max(a,b) (((a)>(b))?(a):(b))

I probably won't release other versions unless someone finds a bug or I make a 100% accurate damage calculation version. The latter won't happen for a long time if at all.
Firon

Postby Wibberish » 31 Aug 2017, 07:40

Firon wrote:[*]The caps are for players. Partners have different caps (which I haven't included).

Partners have different caps? Can they go above 250 element, 500% SF, and 300 crit force? Is having more than 175 lightning not pointless when you use Kirin?
IGN: Renera
Retired
Wibberish

Postby Firon » 31 Aug 2017, 08:55

Wibberish wrote:
Firon wrote:[*]The caps are for players. Partners have different caps (which I haven't included).

Partners have different caps? Can they go above 250 element, 500% SF, and 300 crit force? Is having more than 175 lightning not pointless when you use Kirin?

I didn't really look into it too much but looking at it again, it seems like it's mainly max hp and max sp which have different caps.
Players:
Max hp: 50,000
Max sp: 3,000
Partners
Max hp: 200,000
Max sp: 15,000
All the caps you've mentioned +atk are the same for both players and partners.
Firon

Postby Wibberish » 31 Aug 2017, 09:17

Firon wrote:
Wibberish wrote:

I didn't really look into it too much but looking at it again, it seems like it's mainly max hp and max sp which have different caps.
Players:
Partners

Think those are just for assist partners (Gako, Satan, Parvus). I've never been able to break the HP/SP cap during vanguard swap, and I'm able to reach both caps with my regular character even before the HP/SP bonuses many partners have so I'm pretty certain. http://imgur.com/a/NmiHp

Btw, can you confirm if the default cuts & resistances for monsters are 0 when the numbers aren't included?
IGN: Renera
Retired
Wibberish

Postby Firon » 31 Aug 2017, 16:45

Wibberish wrote:
Firon wrote:I didn't really look into it too much but looking at it again, it seems like it's mainly max hp and max sp which have different caps.
Players:
Partners

Think those are just for assist partners (Gako, Satan, Parvus). I've never been able to break the HP/SP cap during vanguard swap, and I'm able to reach both caps with my regular character even before the HP/SP bonuses many partners have so I'm pretty certain. http://imgur.com/a/NmiHp

Yeah, you're right. I was wondering why they didn't have caps for drop gain boost and I guess that explains it.

Wibberish wrote:Btw, can you confirm if the default cuts & resistances for monsters are 0 when the numbers aren't included?

For monsters, yes. Players, however, don't seem to have an atk cut of zero. Players get 100 atk cut for every 1000 defence.
Firon

Postby Firon » 31 Aug 2017, 18:50

Two things:
1. I somehow missed crit in the "how to use" file. It should be in the StatsAndMultipliers file under critf/cf in the priority list.

Firon wrote:I probably won't release other versions unless someone finds a bug or I make a 100% accurate damage calculation version. The latter won't happen for a long time if at all.

Honestly, I'm using it for the first time outside of testing the program and it's a bit of a pain to use. I'll make a new version with:
  • Ignore things in brackets
  • Elements moved to the StatsAndMultipliers file.

When I have a bit more time on my hands.
Firon

Next

Return to General Discussion