A International DEBUT <3 Des! It's me, Shanghai Otkau

Introduce yourself to fellow players here!

A International DEBUT <3 Des! It's me, Shanghai Otkau

Postby ShanghaiOtaku » 10 Jul 2014, 15:58

Hai des!

Here's a little background of the world behind ShanghaiOtaku:

Digital art has always been something I wanted to be great at but never got around to, invest time and money into. Most of my influences came from both Western comics and Japanese manga, video game concept/design art, and also film. I've always been drawing, and because I've been out of practice, (mainly thanks to my everlasting hunger to fill time with the completion of the last innovative and new video game and school) the last 3 years have taken it's toll on how well I can draw and use Photoshop CS (which I never understood anyways)

Newgrounds.com was one of the few hubs which I gained a sense of inspiration from a particular user who made some very pretty looking Flash animations.. and from there I decided I wanted to draw like him. This was RedMinus

Enough about art, here's a little about myself.

I'm Irish-Canto-Canadian. Yup, a triple mixed juice of three continents (Asia, Europe, North America).

Fun fact: I have the same birthday as the legendary Bruce Lee (Nov 27).

I spend most of my time thinking of how wonderful it would be to have the power to stop time so I can nap anywhere and anytime for as long as I want. I enjoy as much of a helping of good gaming goodness (Mainly open-world RPG's/MMO's or just any innovative piece of Gaming GOOODNess) drawing (of course) skateboarding (I can't do any tricks, but man is it a great piece of transport) and having a good laugh (not the greatest comedian but I try). I'm a loveable entertainer, and if I had the equipment and time and know how, I'd probably have a awesome YouTube Social Commentary channel.

As for my musical tastes, I'm open to anything, any language, but nothing beats some good Metal.

That's about it really. I've lived 7 countries now, and I'm reaching the end of my senior year here in Shanghai, then moving back to Canada, where I will be studying Game Design. Really all you need to know.

BUT do you want to know more? Then you'll have to ask me in person! (or online where I am most of the time...)

PSN: Nefurnest
[url]"http://www.facebook.com/AcheNone"[/url]
Email: acheson_johnathan@hotmail.com
[url]"http://www.youtube.com/user/AcheNone"[/url] YouTube
[url]"http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Nefurnest"[/url]MyAnimeList

(CLICK) SHANGAI EPIC COMICUP 2014 COSPLAY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1lYdL0WqT8

Here's a detailed list of likes

Activities: Gaming, Writing, Art, Music, Reading, Watching (Anime, Movies, Manga, TV shows) Acting, Entertaining, Cosplaying, Sports, Filming

Favorite Anime:
Deadman Wonderland, Another, Jormangund, Cowboy Bebop, FMA:B, Btoom!, Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru, Kill La Kill, Gurren Laggan, Maoyuu Maou Yuusha

Favorite Game:
Persona series, Far Cry 3, DJ Max Series, LittleBigPlanet 2, The Elder Scrolls series, Guild Wars (1 and 2), Final Fantasy series, Mass Effect series, America Mcgee's Alice series, Uncharted series, The Last of Us, Grand Theft Auto series, Deception series, God Eater series, Ys series
Favorite Music:
Genres: Electronic, Metal, Rock, Indie, French Metal, J-Metal/Pop/Rock

Artists: Modest Mouse, Metric, Graveworm, Arch Enemy, The Chemical Brothers, Agonist, Otep, Five Finger Death Punch, All that Remains, Apocalyptica, Eths, Exilia, Howl, Mypollux, Thousand Leaves, Cradle of Filth, Radiohead, Kittie, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Flyleaf, Gojira, M.I.A, Straight Line Stich The Birthday Massacre, Halestorm, Within Temptation, Eels, System of a Down, Nightwish, Epica, Bloc Party, Incubus Dethlok, Gnarls Brakely, Mika Nakashima, Scandal, Vocaloid (Music Circles in particular 164 and otetsu)

Favorite TV Shows: Breaking Bad, Mad Men, Justified, Supernatural, Ugly Americans, The 100, Arrow, Almost Human, Continuum, Game Of Thrones

Favorite Movies: Dredd, Argo, LOTR series, Django Unchained, Pulp Fiction, Looper, Dark Knight series, X-Men 2 and X-Men First Class, Scott Pilgrim, Iron Man, Forrest Gump, Going My Way

Favorite Authors: Brian Jacques, Barndon Sanderson.
ShanghaiOtaku

Return to New Player Forum