Is this game pay2win?

Introduce yourself to fellow players here!

Is this game pay2win?

Postby Heretic » 22 Sep 2014, 11:54

I was wondering if this game is pay2win? I mean, paying for cool stuff and others like in our game called Getamped2.

Also, I've played the open beta test but I don't really found this game simple, so I left.
Is it worth playing? Can you play good without paying?
IGN: Hereticx
I'm a newbie.
Heretic

Re: Is this game pay2win?

Postby Goodnight » 22 Sep 2014, 15:18

No. I've spent 0$ on this game and still I managed to level my character to 91. :)

Edit: If you go with spear as your main weapon, you won't have to leech. And "normal skills" would be just fine.

Lynneth wrote:Or, you can leech all the way to lv.91. Not now though, if you start now, it's a bit more difficult, since the playerbase is sinking.

Indeed.There are fewer people in the game now.
Last edited by Goodnight on 22 Sep 2014, 23:33, edited 1 time in total.
Harl Rose Lvl 106 - Spear user
Goodnight

Postby Lynneth » 22 Sep 2014, 22:53

If you want some ougis and all the cool costumes, yes you would need $ to buy the coins.

But, if you're fine with all the 'normal' skills, you don't need $, or perhaps you can fill up free survey to get coins, but it

would take a lot of time.

Or, you can leech all the way to lv.91. Not now though, if you start now, it's a bit more difficult, since the playerbase is

sinking.
IGN : Lynneth (lv.92/Reraised as Zombies) - Looking for more exciting experience..Rather than being depressed, better just play! :D. Let's grind for teamwork.. or not? :P :). Looking for party to grind lv.90+ weapon. Whisp me IGN!-In hiatus for 2 days-
Lynneth

Postby Sheiko » 23 Sep 2014, 02:05

If you are smart enough to earn OC from others, then yeah u can give this game a try 1 more time.
Don't give up half way through, shud at least lvl to 50-ish... :roll:
When inside, u can ask nearby player for some advice.
Don't assume all high lvl's know everything... 8-)
If someone won't answer ur question, juz ask another person for advice... :?
2023 Onigiri Steam IGN: NPC Rimu
Steam: NPC Rimu
IGN: Sheiko (Shutdown US)
Onigiri New Player Helper
Onigiri Market Forum Onigiri Coins Buyer
ImageImage
Sheiko

Postby Kawakaya » 01 Oct 2014, 22:00

Well the best possible skills out there are from OC, doesnt that make it p2w? Only spears and bows can make do w/ normal skills me thinks, elseways you're screwed if you dont have the right ougis for other weapons.
IGN: Sukishiyo (daring/dex), Iyomi (daring/pow), Naiyaka (reliable)
Kawakaya

Postby Sheiko » 01 Oct 2014, 22:39

Kawakaya wrote:Well the best possible skills out there are from OC, doesnt that make it p2w? Only spears and bows can make do w/ normal skills me thinks, elseways you're screwed if you dont have the right ougis for other weapons.
This game is screwed if there's nothin to buy usin $ for OC(Ougi's farm), doesn't necessarily called Pay2Win... :o
Trust me, unless u try to play AuraKingdom then u will understand huge gap of Pay2Win... :shock:
In Aura Kingdom is 100% Pay2Win since it cost 5-6times(Cost 17times to get their bonus item) than buyin OC here... 8-)
I don't see any reason why Onigiri Online deserve to be called Pay2Win... :?
Seriously, all u need to do is be freakin patient = u can't juz skip challenge's... :roll:
There's also some high lvl carry here tht hav Ougi's so tht they can carry, Ougi's only worth gettin at lvl65-ish... :|
(Online Game tht doesn't get $ is the same as gettin a ticket to shutdown, which is why they put tax so tht most OC wont juz spin around)
ImageImage
Sheiko

Postby Kawakaya » 02 Oct 2014, 20:38

Sheiko wrote:
Kawakaya wrote:Well the best possible skills out there are from OC, doesnt that make it p2w? Only spears and bows can make do w/ normal skills me thinks, elseways you're screwed if you dont have the right ougis for other weapons.
I don't see any reason why Onigiri Online deserve to be called Pay2Win... :?

I just stated one and you completely ignored it: "the best possible skills out there are from OC". Hypothetically, lets say that if there would be pvp, clearly the ones at an advantage (and a huge one at that) are those with rank VII skills and ougis. Oh, now that I think about it, maybe thats one of the brick walls of incorporating pvp in the game.
IGN: Sukishiyo (daring/dex), Iyomi (daring/pow), Naiyaka (reliable)
Kawakaya

Postby Sheiko » 04 Oct 2014, 01:03

Sheiko wrote:If you are smart enough to earn OC from others, then yeah u can give this game a try 1 more time.
Kawakaya wrote:I just stated one and you completely ignored it: "the best possible skills out there are from OC".

I didn't even ignored it or should i say u didn't even try to understand it... :x
Sheiko wrote:This game is screwed if there's nothin to buy usin $ for OC(Ougi's farm), doesn't necessarily called Pay2Win... :o
Sheiko wrote:(Online Game tht doesn't get $ is the same as gettin a ticket to shutdown)
Heck, ur the one who ignored all my friggin post... :evil:
ImageImage
Sheiko

Return to New Player Forum