A Few Questions

Introduce yourself to fellow players here!

A Few Questions

Postby Alvah » 27 Dec 2015, 21:04

Hello everyone! As you can already tell I am quite new to the game just a few days ago on my PS4 and currently level 40. This shall be my second typing this tread since for some reason the word lo-ve, remove the dash in case you didn't know, is flag as spam..... Da faq is up with that BS? Anyways, I have a few posts in this here forums and a few questions has been bothering without a very satisfying answer.

1) How exactly are drop rates for lucky box and affection points calculated? I asked this question on the wiki but and got an answer but I want some more details and thought best to ask here. For example, does the drop rate increases as the level of monster goes up? Does it goes up the monster is x levels above you? Are there any other factors?

2) What elements are good? I am running a twin sword build on the PS$ and decided to look at the twin sword guide linked in the table of contents. As far as I could tell, slice, impact, and dark elements seem to be pretty bad while the lighting, holy and wind elements are look upon more favorably. Does the elemental resistance of monsters remain the same for the ps4, xbox1, and pc?

3) Lastly what is up with the wiki information regarding the max skill rank and partner levels? The wiki says the max level is 25~27 ut has calculations for level 30. On the forums I have heard that aren't any weapon skills past rank 7 but on the wiki they made calculations for skill rank of 10. Are these calculations reserve for the japanese version of the game or something?

Any help would be most welcome and sorry for any trouble my inquiry may cause you..........
Alvah

Re: A Few Questions

Postby Firon » 28 Dec 2015, 01:39

Alvah wrote:1) How exactly are drop rates for lucky box and affection points calculated? I asked this question on the wiki but and got an answer but I want some more details and thought best to ask here. For example, does the drop rate increases as the level of monster goes up? Does it goes up the monster is x levels above you? Are there any other factors?

Edited my answer on the wiki, but I'll quote the whole thing here:

I wrote:I'm not sure about lucky boxes, but for friendship items, from what I remember, the rate is the same for any monster of your level or higher and the rate drops for every level lower (capping at 10 levels under you, of course).

Edit: Checked and from what I can see, the rate for friendship items seems to be 3 times higher in dungeons, drops by 10% for every level lower and is affected by drop boosts.

Lucky Boxes seem to have a limit as to how many you can get within a span of time...

ie. Same level or higher will have the same maximum rate (for friendship items)
I'm not sure about lucky boxes since it's rather complicated.

Alvah wrote:2) What elements are good? I am running a twin sword build on the PS$ and decided to look at the twin sword guide linked in the table of contents. As far as I could tell, slice, impact, and dark elements seem to be pretty bad while the lighting, holy and wind elements are look upon more favorably. Does the elemental resistance of monsters remain the same for the ps4, xbox1, and pc?

Elements are calculated by [element * element resistance] so what's good is whatever things are weak to and what the elemental composition of skills that you actually want to use to deal damage are. Saying that, wind gives you a range of options, slice is used for lots of things (and you can get it from the fated contractor ornament anyway -which I'm guessing you'll be using), lightning can be a good idea since you'll also probably be getting thunderbeast which is a good ougi for a long time. Holy is also worth mentioning if you're using ougi True Spirit Blast, and yes, elemental resistances should be the same across consoles. I should probably also mention that Crimson Cross Cut (fire) is one of the best twin sword skills for damage.

Alvah wrote:3) Lastly what is up with the wiki information regarding the max skill rank and partner levels? The wiki says the max level is 25~27 ut has calculations for level 30. On the forums I have heard that aren't any weapon skills past rank 7 but on the wiki they made calculations for skill rank of 10. Are these calculations reserve for the japanese version of the game or something?

They're from the game files rather than the game. I doubt rank 10 skills will actually ever be released in the foreseeable future.
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Postby Alvah » 28 Dec 2015, 02:56

Firon wrote:Edited my answer on the wiki, but I'll quote the whole thing here:

Frion wrote:I'm not sure about lucky boxes, but for friendship items, from what I remember, the rate is the same for any monster of your level or higher and the rate drops for every level lower (capping at 10 levels under you, of course).

Edit: Checked and from what I can see, the rate for friendship items seems to be 3 times higher in dungeons, drops by 10% for every level lower and is affected by drop boosts.

Lucky Boxes seem to have a limit as to how many you can get within a span of time.....
ie. Same level or higher will have the same maximum rate (for friendship items)
I'm not sure about lucky boxes since it's rather complicated.

Oh i see, well i guess I can stop doing dungeons that 10+ my level, at least for awhile, since I been doing it to get friend items and lucky boxes to a lesser extent....

Firon wrote:Elements are calculated by [element * element resistance] so what's good is whatever things are weak to and what the elemental composition of skills that you actually want to use to deal damage are. Saying that, wind gives you a range of options, slice is used for lots of things (and you can get it from the fated contractor ornament anyway -which I'm guessing you'll be using), lightning can be a good idea since you'll also probably be getting thunderbeast which is a good ougi for a long time. Holy is also worth mentioning if you're using ougi True Spirit Blast, and yes, elemental resistances should be the same across consoles. I should probably also mention that Crimson Cross Cut (fire) is one of the best twin sword skills for damage.

So basically elements worth worth depends on skill elemental ratio, specific dungeons and fields one is farming, and the skill force of said skills.......

Firon wrote:They're from the game files rather than the game. I doubt rank 10 skills will actually ever be released in the foreseeable future.

Well that seems kinda stupid to not use game files that are already made especially when they have weapons that give bonuses to apparently nonexistent skills and clearly a friendship level 30 display in the partner sub-menu.......
Alvah

Postby Firon » 28 Dec 2015, 04:42

Alvah wrote: and clearly a friendship level 30 display in the partner sub-menu.......

Oh, just to clarify, the friendship levels will go to 30 (probably next pc update) since it does in the JP version (afaik). Amaterasu already goes to 30 on this version, too.
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Postby Alvah » 28 Dec 2015, 19:52

Firon wrote:Oh, just to clarify, the friendship levels will go to 30 (probably next pc update) since it does in the JP version (afaik). Amaterasu already goes to 30 on this version, too.

Really? Well I guess I have to wait even longer for the ps4 version then, seeing as that the bazaar option is not even available in the PS4 version among other things.........
Alvah

Return to New Player Forum