Hello, can I play in Japanese?

Introduce yourself to fellow players here!

Hello, can I play in Japanese?

Postby Heiden » 09 Jan 2016, 17:27

Hi, I'm new here. I just downloaded the game, and I like it so far, but as a student of the Japanese language, I want to play this in Japanese. In fact, I NEED to play this in Japanese, or else I must search for another game. I must combine work and play ya know? I did a quick search, but because of the common words, I received too many results. Perhaps someone could save me some time and answer my questions?

Can I play this game in Japanese while living in the United States? Can I play with Japanese people as well? (I don't mind a little lag) What do I need to do, to set this up(if so)?

I assume there may be a different website, client download, or something. I don't play many games so a little help would be great!

Thanks!
8-)
Heiden

Re: Hello, can I play in Japanese?

Postby Firon » 09 Jan 2016, 19:37

I haven't played the Japanese version myself, but here's a link just so you know where to find it (and here's the updates, etc. page). The game is originally Japanese, translated into English and other languages, so it's several updates ahead. I've heard that there may be issues with payments, but, again, I'm not knowledgeable about the subject myself.
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Postby Heiden » 09 Jan 2016, 20:15

Ah, so you do need a new client. I was hoping maybe there would just be a switch somewhere to change the language and/or server. That way I could invite my non-japanese speaking friend to join me. It kinda seems though, if I want to play with him and in Japanese, I need a client for each purpose. Maybe two accounts too? Not sure about that yet, still downloading. Thanks for the information!

8-)
Heiden

Postby Firon » 09 Jan 2016, 22:50

Heiden wrote:Ah, so you do need a new client. I was hoping maybe there would just be a switch somewhere to change the language and/or server. That way I could invite my non-japanese speaking friend to join me. It kinda seems though, if I want to play with him and in Japanese, I need a client for each purpose. Maybe two accounts too? Not sure about that yet, still downloading. Thanks for the information!

8-)

No problem, and yeah, you'd need two accounts.
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Return to New Player Forum