[Guide] Boss Strategies

Post helpful information for other players here.

Re: [Guide] Boss Strategies

Postby Wibberish » 14 Aug 2017, 22:51

Miyano311 wrote:No I wasnt talking about the Ice prison... I even forgot about it :p
What I was talking is the aoe that, more or less, has charging animation similar to the freezing slam but waaay deadlier (you can perfect block the slam, but this? GTFO quick!) . And all 3 gargs have that.

And yeahhhh.... this is probably a hell mode move... I guess. I mean, I havent fought Gargs for a while...

Yeah, that move is the only thing I have to watch out for when I solo Infernal Oni. It's unblockable and hits like 5+ times almost instantly. But as long as you can survive the first hit or two it's very easy to just repeatedly roll away once you see the gargoyle lift his hand and make the ougi noise. He also seems to always turn around to face you before initiating that move, and he only uses it below half HP or so. So it's very easy to look out for.

I'll post a stats dump for bosses that aren't on the wiki yet sometime in the next few days.
IGN: Renera
Discord: Renera#5394
Wibberish

Postby maxwell3094 » 15 Aug 2017, 11:35

You know the more I'm forced to actually use the blocking in this game the more I realize how absolutely fucking dreadful it is that the hit detection is lag/ping sensitive presumably due to that sort of stuff being handled server side which fucks up the timing of blocking. That is disgraceful fucking design for this sort of action game. Meanwhile I can play the action MMO with JP servers (PSO2) and have flawless fucking hit detection again presumably because in that game it's handled client side. Blocking a split second before an enemy even STARTS their attack and still having the game tell me I was too fucking slow absolutely infuriates me. Thank fucking god I went with a wand character I guess because frankly if I had chosen to play melee (which I imagine is much more dependent on blocking.) that single issue alone would have made me outright quit this game immediately. Kudos to all the people that did go melee and had to rely on this totally unreliable mechanic because you guys are god damn heroes. For that matter kudos to all the poor bastards trying to play this game from outside NA. If it's already terrible for me I can only fucking imagine how horrific it must be for you. As for C$ You should be fucking ashamed of yourselves you lazy hacks.

TLDR: C$ is trash garbage and I've added the Crag and Infernal Fuccbois to the guide.
Alpha: Level 37 alpha clearer
Release: Level 119 cautious type
Boss guide - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8143&p=29482#p29482
Most recently added: Lunar Spirit Kaguya
maxwell3094

Postby maxwell3094 » 11 Sep 2017, 00:28

Thanks to the magic that is events I was finally able to craft the orange glass marbles I needed to clear fucking Hitler's quest and progress again. The asshole responsible for that quest can blow me as I'm now half convinced that orange glass marbles dropping is a myth. I never want to see that giant fucking cat in House of Whatever ever again. If not for the event I'd frankly never have completed that quest. Lunar Spirit Kaguya and her Fuccbots have been added. The Levinlance strategy is also no longer pending and is now fully added. You might also notice that I seem to have identified the inconsistency of being stunned after the gargoyle homing ball attacks so that was edited into the ice gargoyle section. Sooner or later I think I'll just do a pass through all the warding bosses that don't force specific weapons on you regardless of whether or not I want a weapon or something from them for the sake of adding them to the guide. For now though I've still got a stupid amount of those event energy restores to burn though as quickly as possible so time to throw those at the exp ticket thing and then probably do more progressing.
Alpha: Level 37 alpha clearer
Release: Level 119 cautious type
Boss guide - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8143&p=29482#p29482
Most recently added: Lunar Spirit Kaguya
maxwell3094

Previous

Return to Guides & Strategy