[GUIDE]How to build you character

Post helpful information for other players here.

Re: [GUIDE]How to build you character

Postby SupremeTentacle » 08 Jun 2014, 09:06

NegimaLove wrote:Hmm~ I am going full dex as a pure twin swords user, I feel like I die REALLY FAST. Will I be able to solo dungeons at high levels?(level 8 right now, can do hard mode kishinden fairly easily) Oh, and after I max out dex(possible?) would putting points in power affect how hard and/or fast twin swords hit?

As a fellow full dex user: Yes~

Full dex is very viable, and has incredible amounts of dps.
Selling all of my gear for ~40% of its market value!
~4 lv. 108 to 115 weapons remaining
Some skill card 7's, ougi, orna'd maga and other stuff too!
SupremeTentacle

Postby WulfenKnight » 08 Jun 2014, 13:33

Yuen wrote:How are hybrids dealt? I want to make something like a half Ninja half Samurai build... (I'm new to this game...)

Not sure what you mean by "Dealt" you kinda just pick a character type and then add stats.

@ihinichiki
Pure mind i think is abit risky. Sure you'll be one hell-of-a-heala. But i've been adding too my Vit some it's at 10 and i'm lvl 11, it increases my physical defence primarily and some magic defence. And i have 11 mind and 11 dex. i'm kinda goin all over tho experimenting with stuff so i can explain stats good later x.x

@Kazuhiko
Daring would be your character type. Class would be Ninja(/Archer) for your setup. It helps some people get the hang of it xD

@Kuurei *Thumbs up*
Your 100% correct, Except some people like me suck at using spear x.x So that's why i didn't have such an option.

@Lazgrane » 06 Jun 2014, 19:06

ihinichiki wrote:I think ill go with Staff/Spear and stats Mind:Vit ratio of 75:25, any idea if thats fine?

It is better if you go full staff. Spears won't have enough damage with that stats. \\

^--I kinda agree on this unless you put some points into Dex for the Extra dmg boost. cause it gives you 6-8 attack too all weapons per point. The amount given increases as you level.

@Yoshimitsu
Your welcome ^ ^ i'm doin my best.

@NegimaLove
No as far as i've seen so far. Adding too power DOES NOT increase attack speed. Now i could be wrong on this! Because i haven't fully tested power yet. I've primarily tested "Vit,Wis,Mind,Dex" Instead of full dex i'd add some too Vit too increase defence and HP. Full Dex is nice cause of almost 1 hitting stuff.. but it's rather risky. Especially at lower lvls
Onigiri ENG Alpha Tester IGN: WulfenKnight Lv21, Hekaru Lv30, WolfenKnight Lv11
Onigiri ENG Closed Beta Tester IGN: WulfenKnight, Hikari Lv20, Hekaru
Here's my Old Alpha Guide-->: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2069
WulfenKnight

Postby Kuurei » 08 Jun 2014, 14:19

xD I like AoE things and prefer guarding to dodging anywho (Especially in games where 'perfect guard' sends you skidding back a few paces, sadly not the case here but still) so spear works for me. People seem to have a loooot of bad things to say about Spear though :P.
[CBT]Erykka (Spearman)
Kuurei

Postby NegimaLove » 08 Jun 2014, 15:27

Wulfen, what do you mean by lower levels? Like 1-10? I am on 8, and I have had few problems, except for the fact that I cant LEVEL FAST AT ALL. Also, you didn't say whether or not power affected twin sword damage, I kinda want to know that if possible. And yes, it would be smart to get some padding with vit, but I like my playstyle really. Hit and run, hit, run, GO HEAL, hit. Its pretty fun manouevering through the battle field then going in for a quick kill, cause if you stay in one place or get mobbed you die. It feels like how the rouge archtype is meant to be played. Honestly, I should probably work on getting a bow, but Im too stubborn for that. Oh well. Oh, btw do you know what twin swords have the best chance of getting a highish rank poison fang(my goto skill)? A pair that adds poison element to me would be helpful as well.
NegimaLove

Postby WulfenKnight » 08 Jun 2014, 19:03

@NegimaLove

No Power Does not affect the damage of Twin Swords at all(Directly), I Think it does seem too add too the "Attack" pool but only maybe ever 10 points or so it adds 9 dmg. Dex gives the most too the attack pool and it also adds direct dmg too Twin Swords and Bow. Also Yes i ment lvl 10 and below as lower lvls for a full dex build. It's risky(Most should know this if they play other mmos) Because it's then down too who gets the jump on who first. If you hardly have any defence and health and get 1hit. But also have like 250-300attack and can 1hit the mob. It's just a matter of who gets the first shot off. That's fine and all but it's rather hard too have a perfect score against abunch of gumbas(darumas) in kishinden or those fire ball shooting disappearing yellow hay guys. But if it works, Good luck ^ ^
WulfenKnight

Postby Lazgrane » 08 Jun 2014, 19:23

Glass cannon tactic work if you have a good internet connection.

Oh well I don't so I have to use spear
Lazgrane

Postby WulfenKnight » 08 Jun 2014, 23:24

What does that have to do with Onigiri? o=O. Are you trying too reference the bombardment of attacks from Twin Swords to a huge supply of troops?
WulfenKnight

Postby Kuurei » 09 Jun 2014, 00:12

WulfenKnight wrote:What does that have to do with Onigiri? o=O. Are you trying too reference the bombardment of attacks from Twin Swords to a huge supply of troops?

Think he means it's hard to dodge in Lag, meaning being a "Glass Cannon" (Pure offensive with nothing attributed to defense) won't work out. XD
[CBT]Erykka (Spearman)
Kuurei

Postby WulfenKnight » 09 Jun 2014, 01:34

Ah, Well my internet connection is good but i still lag at times, so it also depends on your graphics and how many people are in the channel or how laggy the dungeon is etc. And all os fails.. Stay stocked up on Soul Eggs XD
WulfenKnight

Postby WulfenKnight » 10 Jun 2014, 14:51

I updated the Stat points abit aswell as added the new axe skill Splasher tho i haven't tried it yet so i just pasted it in there for now. Like it says above the stats. i'll probably mainly update stuff when CBT is over. i'm taking screen shots of the stats and i'll try to do abit more on skills too.
WulfenKnight

PreviousNext

Return to Guides & Strategy