[GUIDE]How to build you character

Post helpful information for other players here.

Re: [GUIDE]How to build you character

Postby WulfenKnight » 13 Jun 2014, 14:34

@Plasism I am lvl 19 atm and i have about 25 + 3 Dex and using lvl19 Hakuda Twin Blades+20, i have abit over 470Dmg. Now i hear that's pretty bad because people be runnin around with 1k+ in dmg nearly 1hitting bosses etc. But i do pretty good with that. and my mind is at 15 + 5 and using Cure II i heal for 605! First Aid I tho.. only 78 but eh that's pretty good for me too. But chances are you'll wanna pile alot on power. and by the time you hit 19 you'll probably have about 30Power or so depending how much you put on vit(Which i spent some extra points on other stats, i picked kind and i have Power 5,Vit 14, Wis 10, Kind starts out with Power 5 and 2 Vit and 7 Wis)
Onigiri ENG Alpha Tester IGN: WulfenKnight Lv21, Hekaru Lv30, WolfenKnight Lv11
Onigiri ENG Closed Beta Tester IGN: WulfenKnight, Hikari Lv20, Hekaru
Here's my Old Alpha Guide-->: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2069
WulfenKnight

Postby WulfenKnight » 14 Jun 2014, 06:13

IMAGES!!! >:O~~.... YoY.. I Finally got some pictures up, so it's less "Text apon Text apon Text!" And helps give a better visual idea of what stuff looks like. So far i've only added for CTs, I'll be redoing the Stat point section next hopefully with some images and making it more accurate as too what stuff exactly does. And sorry if the images for CT Power & CT Daring are alittle hard too figure out what's what. I might try too fix that later. it's hard too put it all in there x.x
WulfenKnight

Postby Lucentia » 14 Jun 2014, 17:20

Hi, i'm kinda new to this game, and I have a few question.

So, at first I started with a cautious-pure dex bow based characters, I like the damage output, the aspd, and everything about it, the only thing that bugs me is the low hp, got one-shot in hell is my usual routines (lol yeah I only play at night and when I'm getting sleepy, my reaction sucks)

Then I started creating a new character, she is a kind- wis based mage. And here I find it...problematic

As a mage, you are expected to dish out a lot of damage by using skills right? but here I find my MP runs out quickly after 1-2 skills and i have to either charge or hit the enemy to recharge my MP, and I started to think mage is underpowered because of those rotation....

So anyone here know how mage roll in this game? about the MP management too, is there any high level skills which allow you to cast your skills without having to frequently recharge your mana? (-10 to durability) or hit the enemy? (which is not expected from a mage)

Please, any information is appreciated because I dropped my mage at lvl 5 and I need some enlightenment that can change my opinion about mage in this game.
Lucentia

Postby SeekerFate » 14 Jun 2014, 17:59

Yes, those are the problems of the mage atm and there's no real way to get around their downfalls at early game so you're probably better off waiting until full release where you can achieve higher lvls as being in this cbt mostly restricts you to lower lvls unless you decide to mindlessly grind that will mitigate most of the mage problems and make them overall viable if you're willing to get to lvl 35+ where they start being viable as any other class.
Chocolate~
This game trolls me.
Entire character nupped lvl 34 EnAlpha
Blind at Sekigahara 'cept fer sky in JpCBT ~lvl 32ish?
En: SeekerFate - lvl 89 SeekerDissonance - lvl 61 -> 81
Can't believe I'm back, for now.
SeekerFate

Postby Lazgrane » 15 Jun 2014, 05:03

I just thought that someone should compile a list of skills that can be evolved
Lazgrane

Postby WulfenKnight » 15 Jun 2014, 05:49

@Lucentia
Unfortunately like Seeker said, There isn't much that can be done. I have not really played a Mage/Cleric during CBT But i played that in Alpha and did pretty good especially around Lv20+. I guess the only thing you can do is stack on Wis for that Extra SP and SP Recovery And find out which skills you like the most and try too stick with that skill thru out each weapon and lvl it so it does more dmg. I always liked Poison Cloud when i was lower lvl(15 and below) but found myself using it a decent amount when i was higher lvl too because it was already 20+ at that point. it's a good DoT AoE Skill if you like getting in the middle of monsters. Or too use it when they get too close. I forget how much SP it takes tho. And i'd usually use SP Pots. But i also doubled as a Healer so at lower lvls i could get by, Just by going in a dungeon as a healer only. then when i got higher i started attacking more But i also spent some points on power and used katana from time too time.

@Lazgrane
I haven't evolved any skills yet so i don't know much about that unfortunately o=o. I plan on listing more skills in this guide and the base dmg aswell as SP consumption etc But i may not get into the whole evolving thing. Unless i learn more about it later. But that'd probably be around OBT.
WulfenKnight

Postby SupremeTentacle » 15 Jun 2014, 15:54

Lazgrane wrote:I just thought that someone should compile a list of skills that can be evolved

All skills can be evolved..... if you get the right RNG
Selling all of my gear for ~40% of its market value!
~4 lv. 108 to 115 weapons remaining
Some skill card 7's, ougi, orna'd maga and other stuff too!
SupremeTentacle

Postby Fenrir » 15 Jun 2014, 17:27

Any input/advice to this build for late/end game?

Character Type: Daring

Stat Allocation
POW: 75%
VIT: 25%
WIS: 0%
MND: 0%
DEX: 0%

Preferred Setup
- Sword
- Axe/Oodachi
- Bow
- Oni Dagger/Any back up of the above

I had to solo most of my way up to Kyoto and I feel that I might have to do the same in the official release.
Fenrir

Postby Ryxa » 15 Jun 2014, 17:50

Fenrir wrote:Any input/advice to this build for late/end game?

Character Type: Daring

Stat Allocation
POW: 75%
VIT: 25%
WIS: 0%
MND: 0%
DEX: 0%

Preferred Setup
- Sword
- Axe/Oodachi
- Bow
- Oni Dagger/Any back up of the above

I had to solo most of my way up to Kyoto and I feel that I might have to do the same in the official release.

You're probably going to hit max power wayyyyyyyy before you're level cap. I'm estimating you can hit the max base power cap of 100 by level 60 or 70. I'm actually fairly certain you can max out two stats and have plenty of points left over even. This is based off screenshots that I've seen of end-game JP players though.
Ryxa|Lvl:115|Wiki Admin (Inactive now)|http://onigiri.wikia.com/wiki/Onigiri_Wiki
-----
You can contact me here: https://discord.gg/DQrykRW
-----
Playing Closers. Quit Onigiri. Feel free to PM, though I 99% won't check.
Ryxa

Postby Fenrir » 17 Jun 2014, 11:22

Am I going to be alright(survival and damage wise) at late game? I would like to avoid starting over or restatting(if it exists) mid game.
Fenrir

PreviousNext

Return to Guides & Strategy