[GUIDE]How to build you character

Post helpful information for other players here.

Re: [GUIDE]How to build you character

Postby Naku » 01 Jul 2014, 11:49

so i can't be a Jack-of-all-trades here..*sigh
oh well~ Pure Dex will do..
OOT: somehow some shift+keys in Firefox swapped with other shift+keys
Naku

Postby Delacroix » 01 Jul 2014, 11:51

Naku wrote:so i can't be a Jack-of-all-trades here..*sigh
oh well~ Pure Dex will do..
OOT: somehow some shift+keys in Firefox swapped with other shift+keys

So you plannin on going rogue too? Bow or twin-blade?
Delacroix

Postby Naku » 01 Jul 2014, 12:01

Delacroix wrote:So you plannin on going rogue too? Bow or twin-blade?

probably focus on bow,still final decision will come when i have played.
but from experience of playing many similar games (though offline) i never suited to heavy-slow melee (axes out,oodachi..dunno) ,one handed sword is just NG for me,spear is so-so,staff and wand is actually best for me..
but i heard they are heavily party dependent if you are not good enough and the SP consumptions are outrageous..
twin blade or bow, if i played twin blade i probably just go rampage without caring for hp or sp
if i played bow...i got bored easily...
decisions decisions
Naku

Postby Delacroix » 01 Jul 2014, 12:06

Naku wrote:
Delacroix wrote:So you plannin on going rogue too? Bow or twin-blade?

probably focus on bow,still final decision will come when i have played.
but from experience of playing many similar games (though offline) i never suited to heavy-slow melee (axes out,oodachi..dunno) ,one handed sword is just NG for me,spear is so-so,staff and wand is actually best for me..
but i heard they are heavily party dependent if you are not good enough and the SP consumptions are outrageous..
twin blade or bow, if i played twin blade i probably just go rampage without caring for hp or sp
if i played bow...i got bored easily...
decisions decisions

That is exactly how my road of thought went lol. I've narrowed it down to bow n twin-blade. Bow seems to be apt and really leveling-friendly as shown here. However, I roll better with swords ( DMC-fanatic and just a hack n slash lover lol).
Delacroix

Postby Naku » 01 Jul 2014, 12:15

Delacroix wrote:That is exactly how my road of thought went lol. I've narrowed it down to bow n twin-blade. Bow seems to be apt and really leveling-friendly as shown here. However, I roll better with swords ( DMC-fanatic and just a hack n slash lover lol).

well that's exactly the problem for me,or was the problem for me, i usually just spam combo if using fast melee and no dodge,or just brute forcing with slow melee..
but that's over when i played Assassing's creed ...now just using fast melee with occasional dodge/run...
.,,and again because my timing calculation is just below average i'll take the safe bet using long ranged (bow)
well at least until i can clear lunatic diff on any touhou game
Naku

Postby Ozzy » 01 Jul 2014, 12:16

I went pure Dex with a bow in both the alpha and beta test and found it to be a great deal of fun to play despite the downside of limiting myself to only one type of weapon. Bows are excellent for solo clearing almost anything and I would highly recommend a bow class to anyone who doesn't like to play nicely with others and prefers a solo experience. The only complaint I have about bows is that they have very limited AOE attacks and the few that bows do have, tend to be disappointing when compared to the awe-inspiring power of our single target skills. For example Icicle Arrow (or Icicle Shot I don't recall what its called exactly) and Lighting Shot have AOE but its very limited so that makes it difficult to kill or even damage multiple targets at once. That being said, Bows are by far the safest (and probably easiest) way to do high DPS to a single target seeing as they can hit very big numbers stupidly fast one a single target. As previously mentioned before by someone else, knowing your role and sticking to it is of the utmost importance and the job of any archer is simply to DPS one target from afar so the lack of good AOE only really has a negative effect on experience gain in dungeons. (Even with the limited AOE I was able to get on average 1.5k more exp per clear in the Cave of Dreams hell when I used bow "AOE" skills then runs where I didn't use any AOE at all.)
Ozzy

Postby WulfenKnight » 01 Jul 2014, 21:24

MadokamiChan wrote:So in the CBT I was playing around with making a healer, and in my experience I found pure mnd stat to work wonders for my healer. I found that as a healer I was constantly using my healing and sp regen skills to support my party, so much so that i rarely had time to pull out a wand and use it to do some damage. After some thought I decide to stick to the role of the healer and do just that, heal. So to that end I found pure mnd stat to be perfect for me. Of course I do have some offensive power I made sure to get and enhance a staff with attack skills, and with 400+ staff affinity the staff skills do some nice damage. In the end though since there is so little time for a healer to attack without leaving their party to die, I find trying to build your wand affinity to be less effective. That said, if you built your wand affinity your will damage will likely (almost certainly) be higher than a pure mnd healer, but you are a healer, you're there to support your party. Also I found if I had time when I wasn't healing, buffing, or what have you, I would take the time to let my sp regen, with pure mnd stat my sp pool was large and I could spam my heals for a long time without worry about sp, but you never know when you will need a lot of sp because suddenly things went south for your party. I had to suffer through the terrible feeling of watching a party member die because my heal was late due to sp crunch T^T. So when I had time I would let my sp regen, to make sure I always had enough sp to cast my healing skills.

I See your point but at the same time You don't really need to heal THAT much. i had what around 15-24(Counting the + to my stats)Mind and i healed for i think over 300. at lvl 19-20 that's more then enough sure i had about 620HP but with party members already using HP pots and generally being pretty smart. their HP wouldn't drop that much. i normally had people drop to about 50%HP or 25%. and i could get them too full or 75% instantly and sometimes they'd use a pot at the same time so they were full afterwards. Of course this was only to kyoto(Stuff may be harder later), tho that doesn't mean you couldn't up it too healing for about 400-500 at that lvl but that still leaves you with other points that you could spend on dex for example. There are plenty of openings to help attack and to switch back to staff to heal unless you aren't quick enough i've played GunZ so i'm use to moving fast at times. And as far as using up SP for attack skills vs healing. That's why you should carry atleast 1 pack of 10 SP recovery pots if you want to use bow skills(Even if you just use staff it's smart to have some SP pots). Otherwise you can use the bow to Regain your SP after you just healed them.

And Partners are very useful when they don't go attackin the wall. if that happens dismiss them and re-summon them quickly. i can do it in about 2seconds since i'm use to it xD. for example that Eye ball monster. if you use a bow and have momo(momo did about 38-47dmg a hit for me) run up and attack it you can kill it pretty easily even solo without shooting off to many arrows just takes alittle bit. Aslong as you don't lag too much that you can't dodge his attacks, but that's aside the point.
Onigiri ENG Alpha Tester IGN: WulfenKnight Lv21, Hekaru Lv30, WolfenKnight Lv11
Onigiri ENG Closed Beta Tester IGN: WulfenKnight, Hikari Lv20, Hekaru
Here's my Old Alpha Guide-->: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2069
WulfenKnight

Postby Dorayaki » 01 Jul 2014, 22:14

Small suggestion to your "Classes" -

Ashigaru, low ranking foot soldiers who wielded Spears, bow and later in the 16th century muskets.
Dorayaki

Postby Lucentia » 01 Jul 2014, 23:56

Well, I find that becoming a healer in this game is quite at disadvantage in terms of exp

I mean, when you kill things, you get more exp than those who doesn't do the killing blow (tested already)

Becoming a full pledged healer, it means that you will level up slower than any other type in this game.

If you want to hybird into a mage, it means that you will have problem with mp management.

If you want to go dps, it means you can't maximize either your dps (outdps'ed by pure dps class) or your healing.

So, yeah thats just my opinion...If anyone know something that I don't feel free to post..

nb: simple question, does the staff have good offensive skill?
Lucentia

Postby Lazgrane » 02 Jul 2014, 06:54

It seem that 1 level now give you 16 stat points

Can anyone confirm that I'm not hallucinating here?

And, attaching skill card will replace a skill at your choice or random?
Lazgrane

PreviousNext

Return to Guides & Strategy