[GUIDE]How to build you character

Post helpful information for other players here.

Re: [GUIDE]How to build you character

Postby SupremeTentacle » 01 Jul 2014, 10:27

Well... It's not THAT difficult xD

But good luck.
Selling all of my gear for ~40% of its market value!
~4 lv. 108 to 115 weapons remaining
Some skill card 7's, ougi, orna'd maga and other stuff too!
SupremeTentacle

Postby Delacroix » 01 Jul 2014, 10:43

SupremeTentacle wrote:Well... It's not THAT difficult xD

But good luck.

One more question if I may. Since this game's USP is it's Pokemon style team building. Can the NPC party characters balance things out? How prominent are they in your gameplay? I remember in Dragon Age where I'd have 2 mages and a tank and my rogue would have no problem knocking crits on the enemies. Is it more similar to that? Do they level up along the way or are their attributes and stats fixed ?
Delacroix

Postby SupremeTentacle » 01 Jul 2014, 10:52

The NPC party members are not actually that useful at all. .__.

They level up when you buy their friendship, but, they don't become very strong. They will be doing like 1/100th of your damage or less at higher levels.
SupremeTentacle

Postby Delacroix » 01 Jul 2014, 11:00

SupremeTentacle wrote:The NPC party members are not actually that useful at all. .__.

They level up when you buy their friendship, but, they don't become very strong. They will be doing like 1/100th of your damage or less at higher levels.

Really? how disappointing... talk about wasted potential..
Delacroix

Postby Tsukuyomi » 01 Jul 2014, 11:04

Amazing guide! I'm sure to keep checking back here throughout my early run through the game! Arigato!
Tsukuyomi

Postby MadokamiChan » 01 Jul 2014, 11:24

So in the CBT I was playing around with making a healer, and in my experience I found pure mnd stat to work wonders for my healer. I found that as a healer I was constantly using my healing and sp regen skills to support my party, so much so that i rarely had time to pull out a wand and use it to do some damage. After some thought I decide to stick to the role of the healer and do just that, heal. So to that end I found pure mnd stat to be perfect for me. Of course I do have some offensive power I made sure to get and enhance a staff with attack skills, and with 400+ staff affinity the staff skills do some nice damage. In the end though since there is so little time for a healer to attack without leaving their party to die, I find trying to build your wand affinity to be less effective. That said, if you built your wand affinity your will damage will likely (almost certainly) be higher than a pure mnd healer, but you are a healer, you're there to support your party. Also I found if I had time when I wasn't healing, buffing, or what have you, I would take the time to let my sp regen, with pure mnd stat my sp pool was large and I could spam my heals for a long time without worry about sp, but you never know when you will need a lot of sp because suddenly things went south for your party. I had to suffer through the terrible feeling of watching a party member die because my heal was late due to sp crunch T^T. So when I had time I would let my sp regen, to make sure I always had enough sp to cast my healing skills.
MadokamiChan

Postby SupremeTentacle » 01 Jul 2014, 11:25

Delacroix wrote:Really? how disappointing... talk about wasted potential..

To be fair, I would rather fight myself than command an army of AI, but I know where you're coming from.

The AI isn't very smart for them either xD
SupremeTentacle

Postby Naku » 01 Jul 2014, 11:28

so basicly what i've gather from read here:
-focus on one stat till the max
-better to take skill force magatama
-partner AI not really useful..(wish they at least as useful like in dragon age..too much hope will bring despair i guess)
note: haven't played the game yet
Naku

Postby SupremeTentacle » 01 Jul 2014, 11:29

They're useful early on.

Just not later.
SupremeTentacle

Postby MadokamiChan » 01 Jul 2014, 11:42

Naku wrote:so basicly what I've gather from read here:
-focus on one stat till the max
-better to take skill force magatama
-partner AI not really useful..(wish they at least as useful like in dragon age..too much hope will bring despair i guess)
note: haven't played the game yet

From my experience from both the alpha and beta, yes pure stat is generally the best, pick a roll you want to play, then max your ability to fufill your roll. at most build 2 stats, but generally I would say build one stat pure. Otherwise your too weak in your role. For example A healer with hybrid mnd/wsd role is to heal, but since they split they're stats they can't heal as well as I could with a pure mnd healer.
MadokamiChan

PreviousNext

Return to Guides & Strategy