[GUIDE] Pure Twin Swords -Incomplete-

Post helpful information for other players here.

[GUIDE] Pure Twin Swords -Incomplete-

Postby ZhaoYun » 10 Jun 2014, 10:36

Ayo! Before we begin, I would just like to say that this guide is for people who already have down the basics of fighting, evading, enhancing, smelting. and gifting partners, and is mainly for people who want to focus more on raw damage, so please, keep that in mind =]. In this guide, I will be posting and updating info that will help you be a pretty decent dual blader (imo anyways :U). Most of the guide is abbreviated so make sure to use the key that I provided :O If you guys have any questions, info, or have found more efficient ways to grind for exp in specific level ranges - please post em' here! I'll edit this post (after testing your theory ofc) and I'll be sure to give credit. Thanks for reading, have a wonderful day ◦°˚\(*❛‿❛)/˚°◦ (Btw, I would have had more info by now but I had to study for finals and what not, this post will be more 'complete' and updated once OBT comes out.)

Key:
TG = Training Grounds(dngn)
NTB = Nora Twin Blades(lv.1 wep)
MQ = Main Quest
KSD = Kinshinden(dngn)
KSK = Kikusenkaku(lv.11 wep)
TBS = Twin Blade Slash(skill)
HNTB = Heavenly Nora Twin Blades(lv.9 wep)
SS = Sunlight Strike(skill)
YTB = Yamaneko Twin Blades(lv.10 wep)
HS = Houseri Shrine(dngn)(Oosumi Plains West)

Dual Blades List:

Training Grounds:
Normal/Hard - Nora Twin Blades lv.1
Normal/Hard/Hell - Kikusenkaku lv.11 (100-111 dmg)

Kishinden:
Normal/Hard/Hell - Heavenly Nora Twin Blades lv.9 (71-78 dmg)
Normal/Hard/Hell - Yamaneko Twin Blades lv.10 (72-80 dmg)

Suzaku Mansion:
Normal - Hakuda Twin Blades lv.19 (139-154 dmg)

Seiryuu Grotto:
Normal - Koryuukagemitsu lv.23 (203-225 dmg)

Byakkou Cavern:
Normal - Balmung lv.27 (254-281 dmg)

Step-by-Step: Leveling, enhancing, and tips

lv.1:
• Upon finishing the tutorial, speak to Kichiihougen, accept the quest, talk to Shizuka twice, you should now be lv. 2. Put all your stats into Dex.
• Equip your magatama, head down to the TG and spam normal until you enhance your default NTB's to +10.
• Smelt your +10 NTB's (If you didn't get another NTB from spamming TG normal, then keep spamming it till you get one! D:)
• Btw, you only really need to enhance one pair of NTB's, enhancing another pair would just be wasting your munni
• After smelting your NTB's, spam TG hard until you enhance them to +20.
• Smelt dem +20 NTB's
• Now, spam TG hell until you get your NTB's to +30, keep spamming TG hell till you're lvl 7.
- This should take no more than 3 hours. -
Notes: When you're identifying weapons and happen to come across a KSK(the lv.11 twin sword), just store it in the bank, there's no need to rush into enhancing it, if you enhance a weapon too early you might come across the same weapon but with better stats and skill set, ergo wasting your money. Also, when smelting weapons you can add an artisan, which can add more dmg, +grade, dura protection, etc. Imo, you can artisan the NTB's but at higher levels, "artisan-ing" high level twin swords becomes extremely expensive and not necessary.

lv.7:
• Wewt! You're lv.7 :D now it's time to do deh main storyline quest. Follow the MQ until you unlock Kinshinden(KSD) the dungeon in Onigashima.
• After unlocking KSD, spam it on Hard difficulty (or if you see a party that is also spamming it on hard be sure to join them for the pool experience :O)
• You're going to be spamming KSD hard until you're lv.11
Notes: Upon getting an HNTB(the lv.9 twin sword) or a YTB(lv.10 twin sword), please, store em in the bank until you reach that respected level!

lv.9:
• Take out dem HNTB's and enhance em'!
• Be sure to choose an HNTB with SS(skill) and TBS(skill)! SS is an important and essential bossing skill for dual bladers imo, the dmg SS can do is just magnificent. :O also TBS is a given since that's the skill you'll be using the most + it has decent dmg.
• Your goal should be to get a pair of HNTBs to +30 before reaching lv.12
• Getting a pair of HNTBs to +30 should be your main enhancing priority.

lv.10:
• This is the point where it's safe to throw away those old lv.1 NTB's.
• Enhance a pair of YTBs to +30 before reaching lv.12
Note: Be sure the YTB that you plan on enhancing has TBS!

lv.11:
• So you've reached lv.11, not bad!
• Head to Oosumi Plans West
• Now, spam Houseri Shrine until lv.12
• Houseri Shrine gives 692exp in about 5 mins, given you have +20-30 YTB's
• You will get to lv.12 in under an hour.

lv.12:
• Upon reaching lv.12, follow the main storyline quest (soloing Tiamat should be a cinch now) until you have access to the "Underground Caverns".
◘ Whelp, upon getting to the Underground Caverns I messed up and accidentally lv.'d to 14 via a Byakkou hard party (it was so tempting @ _@) but yeah, this is where my guide ends because now I can't speak from a lv.12's perspective. I will continue this guide once OBT starts. But here is some more info other that I've gathered:
Byakkou Cavern
Normal (solo = 10 minutes) = 2051exp
Seiryuu Grotto
Normal(solo = 7 minutes) = 1,263exp

Magatamas

Mushiro Magatama: Atk +200
Min lv: 12
Mats:
• Black Glass Marble(Magatama)/Obtained from: Quests (Possible to obtain from monsters, still testing)
• Centipede's Poison(Blue Item)/Obtained from: Fragmenting certain magatamas (Still testing)
• Sinister Bones(Regular Item)/Found at: Training Grounds Boss
Note: I personally prefer Mushiro magatamas over every other magatama, it is possible to equip 4 of them at once stacking to +800 atk, and is fairly easy to craft.

Helpful tips from fellow players:

NegimaLove wrote:Sometimes smelting does the wrong thing for twin blades. With my first pair of hntbs(they were the normal, nothing else added kind) at 40 enhancement it did nothing, but with my second pair, at 40 enchancement I got a 10 percent basic combo passive. The second pair also had added benefits from the start(a few extra passives besides the +6 holy), so make sure you find the best possible twinblades of that particular type.
Last edited by ZhaoYun on 10 Jun 2014, 14:29, edited 9 times in total.
Contempt for happiness is usually contempt for other people's happiness, and is an elegant disguise for hatred of the human race.
ZhaoYun

Re: [GUIDE] Pure Twin Swords -Incomplete-

Postby Gene » 10 Jun 2014, 10:42

There are faster ways to grind...
EN CBT - Gene lvl 30 (Stopped on 4th day)
Gene

Postby ZhaoYun » 10 Jun 2014, 10:45

Gene wrote:There are faster ways to grind...

Feel free to list those ways :O
Contempt for happiness is usually contempt for other people's happiness, and is an elegant disguise for hatred of the human race.
ZhaoYun

Postby SupremeTentacle » 10 Jun 2014, 11:46

Genbu drops "Flame Hakuda Twin Blades" (Level 28)
Selling all of my gear for ~40% of its market value!
~4 lv. 108 to 115 weapons remaining
Some skill card 7's, ougi, orna'd maga and other stuff too!
SupremeTentacle

Postby ZhaoYun » 10 Jun 2014, 11:54

SupremeTentacle wrote:Genbu drops "Flame Hakuda Twin Blades" (Level 28)

:O Thank you sir, I'll be sure to test that this afternoon.
ZhaoYun

Postby NegimaLove » 10 Jun 2014, 12:05

Thanks for this, it helps me cross out some things. Oh, have you come across any poison element enhancing twin swords? (with poison fang obviously) I generally like to use poison fang instead of SS, because it is WAY faster, and flows with the basic combo nicely. Plus it is crazy good when the poison actually procs. Something to add by the way, sometimes smelting does the wrong thing for twin blades. With my first pair of hntbs(they were the normal, nothing else added kind) at 40 enhancement it did nothing, but with my second pair, at 40 enchancement I got a 10 percent basic combo passive. The second pair also had added benefits from the start(a few extra passives besides the +6 holy), so make sure you find the best possible twinblades of that particular type.
NegimaLove

Postby ZhaoYun » 10 Jun 2014, 12:45

NegimaLove wrote:Oh, have you come across any poison element enhancing twin swords? (with poison fang obviously)

Ah, I have not come across any poison element swords as of yet, although, I do remember getting a poison element via smelting on a pair of twin swords in JP server but I think I deleted that character, my apologies, if I do come across any I will be sure to PM you :O.

NegimaLove wrote:I generally like to use poison fang instead of SS, because it is WAY faster, and flows with the basic combo nicely. Plus it is crazy good when the poison actually procs.

Indeed, poison fang is most definitely faster, but the reason I say having SS is important is because for monsters that have a ton of blindspots and long waiting periods before they make their next attack (e.g. Tiamat, the boss daruma in KSD, the big slate rock guys) just one SS will send their HP bars plummeting.

NegimaLove wrote:Something to add by the way, sometimes smelting does the wrong thing for twin blades. With my first pair of hntbs(they were the normal, nothing else added kind) at 40 enhancement it did nothing, but with my second pair, at 40 enchancement I got a 10 percent basic combo passive. The second pair also had added benefits from the start(a few extra passives besides the +6 holy), so make sure you find the best possible twinblades of that particular type.

Most definitely true, I'll be sure to add this and keep this in mind, thanks for the info :D
ZhaoYun

Postby NegimaLove » 10 Jun 2014, 14:40

ZhaoYun wrote:
NegimaLove wrote:Oh, have you come across any poison element enhancing twin swords? (with poison fang obviously)

Ah, I have not come across any poison element swords as of yet, although, I do remember getting a poison element via smelting on a pair of twin swords in JP server but I think I deleted that character, my apologies, if I do come across any I will be sure to PM you :O.

NegimaLove wrote:I generally like to use poison fang instead of SS, because it is WAY faster, and flows with the basic combo nicely. Plus it is crazy good when the poison actually procs.

Indeed, poison fang is most definitely faster, but the reason I say having SS is important is because for monsters that have a ton of blindspots and long waiting periods before they make their next attack (e.g. Tiamat, the boss daruma in KSD, the big slate rock guys) just one SS will send their HP bars plummeting.

NegimaLove wrote:Something to add by the way, sometimes smelting does the wrong thing for twin blades. With my first pair of hntbs(they were the normal, nothing else added kind) at 40 enhancement it did nothing, but with my second pair, at 40 enchancement I got a 10 percent basic combo passive. The second pair also had added benefits from the start(a few extra passives besides the +6 holy), so make sure you find the best possible twinblades of that particular type.

Most definitely true, I'll be sure to add this and keep this in mind, thanks for the info :D

Ok, admittedly SS would likely have a great deal of use in such situations you mentioned, especially as the doruma boss is likely immune to poison so far as I have seen, but in a combat situation I stick with what I am familiar with, plus SS would make those big, slow attacks of doruma boss and others much harder to dodge if you mess up the timing, but I am sure that it works out for those who are used to it. Also, you can add an element to a weapon when enchancing/smelting? That's interesting, if you ever remember the twin swords that did that please tell me.
NegimaLove

Postby Samus » 18 Jul 2014, 12:36

Does anyone know where to find Goshinkens?
Samus

Return to Guides & Strategy