[Guide] Swords, Odachi's, and Axes

Post helpful information for other players here.

Re: [Guide] Swords, Odachi's, and Axes

Postby Misaki » 18 Jul 2014, 05:02

Lifariz wrote:
Misaki wrote:So, for the skill build for odachi users in general... do I just flat out max my pow? Or are there good stats I should drop points on?

Until you reach around 90+ total(base+bonus) POW and have attained the desirable Date Masamune Title or any of it's equivalent.[+60% Affinity to all title] then yes. Due to the 3000 affinity cap(4k at lvl100 or 110, not sure) you're very much limited on how much pow would be actually useful. I'm lvl65 and I have 106 spare stat points despite having 82+17 pow and 30+12 mnd.

Alright, noted. Thanks for the response.

Should I be aiming to get vit, mnd, or dex, or is that something still unknown due to a lack of information right now?
IGN: Shokuhou Misaki
Misaki

Postby Takurannyan » 18 Jul 2014, 06:34

Heard Axe is bad as the game goes on, and can't do much if at all end-game from people, is this true? Is it because axe too slow?
Takurannyan

Postby Ryxa » 18 Jul 2014, 07:36

Takurannyan wrote:Heard Axe is bad as the game goes on, and can't do much if at all end-game from people, is this true? Is it because axe too slow?

I dunno... I was walking around JP once and I randomly saw an Axe decide to Ice Fang a mob and he crit 450k. ._.
Ryxa|Lvl:115|Wiki Admin (Inactive now)|http://onigiri.wikia.com/wiki/Onigiri_Wiki
-----
You can contact me here: https://discord.gg/DQrykRW
-----
Playing Closers. Quit Onigiri. Feel free to PM, though I 99% won't check.
Ryxa

Postby Ryxa » 18 Jul 2014, 07:39

Misaki wrote:
Lifariz wrote:
Misaki wrote:So, for the skill build for odachi users in general... do I just flat out max my pow? Or are there good stats I should drop points on?

Until you reach around 90+ total(base+bonus) POW and have attained the desirable Date Masamune Title or any of it's equivalent.[+60% Affinity to all title] then yes. Due to the 3000 affinity cap(4k at lvl100 or 110, not sure) you're very much limited on how much pow would be actually useful. I'm lvl65 and I have 106 spare stat points despite having 82+17 pow and 30+12 mnd.

Alright, noted. Thanks for the response.

Should I be aiming to get vit, mnd, or dex, or is that something still unknown due to a lack of information right now?

It depends on what it is you want... except vit. Vit is completely unnecessary if you've got enough practice.

You take mnd if you want to be able to semi-support... and by that I mean use the moon king replacement (Rapid Storm) and to trade invigorates with other players as well as slightly increase your mana pool and the amount of mana you regenerate per tick (Since mana is the #1 most important resource in this game).

You take dex if you're looking to increase your dps. You get 1 cooldown every 10 dex and one crit rate every 12.

Likewise, you can take wis because you gain 1 cast speed every 10 and 1 crit rate every 24.
Ryxa|Lvl:115|Wiki Admin (Inactive now)|http://onigiri.wikia.com/wiki/Onigiri_Wiki
-----
You can contact me here: https://discord.gg/DQrykRW
-----
Playing Closers. Quit Onigiri. Feel free to PM, though I 99% won't check.
Ryxa

Postby Misaki » 18 Jul 2014, 08:42

Ryxa wrote:It depends on what it is you want... except vit. Vit is completely unnecessary if you've got enough practice.

You take mnd if you want to be able to semi-support... and by that I mean use the moon king replacement (Rapid Storm) and to trade invigorates with other players as well as slightly increase your mana pool and the amount of mana you regenerate per tick (Since mana is the #1 most important resource in this game).

You take dex if you're looking to increase your dps. You get 1 cooldown every 10 dex and one crit rate every 12.

Likewise, you can take wis because you gain 1 cast speed every 10 and 1 crit rate every 24.

Ooh, this is pretty informative. Seems like I'll get a little bit of everything else except vit, then.
IGN: Shokuhou Misaki
Misaki

Postby OPPAI » 18 Jul 2014, 09:43

So what i'm understanding is that, if my affinity is capped at 3000 i no longer need to put points into pwr anymore?
OPPAI

Postby Otonashi » 18 Jul 2014, 09:47

OPPAI wrote:So what i'm understanding is that, if my affinity is capped at 3000 i no longer need to put points into pwr anymore?

Exactly.
  僕    甘    真    柔
  ら       い    っ       わ
  は   絶     白    ら
  い    望     い     か
  る     の   ︑      い
︒     中                     ︑
                   に
                  ︑
Otonashi

Postby OPPAI » 18 Jul 2014, 09:57

But staTITSically, how much does +1 crit rate mean anyway?

(yes i forced that in)
OPPAI

Postby Takurannyan » 18 Jul 2014, 14:07

Ryxa wrote:
Takurannyan wrote:Heard Axe is bad as the game goes on, and can't do much if at all end-game from people, is this true? Is it because axe too slow?

I dunno... I was walking around JP once and I randomly saw an Axe decide to Ice Fang a mob and he crit 450k. ._.

Yea it is no surprise that axe dmg is huge, but then no one seems to recommend sticking with axe till the end. It's either spear or odachi/sword.
Takurannyan

Postby Lifariz » 19 Jul 2014, 08:41

OPPAI wrote:But staTITSically, how much does +1 crit rate mean anyway?

(yes i forced that in)

Not much. Unless you were able to force in 90+ crit on yourself, then it's better to just add Fated Contractor Mag Ornament on your skill force mags and hope you get +crit. 33+ crit is already decent for melee users. Ofc, it's always good to have more crit.
IGN: Lifariz
Weapon Class: Odachi, Buffing Staff

Please, when you enter Kaga onwards, at least be able to cast invig IV/V/VI when you decide to leech. Please and Thank you.
Lifariz

PreviousNext

Return to Guides & Strategy