[Guide] Swords, Odachi's, and Axes

Post helpful information for other players here.

Re: [Guide] Swords, Odachi's, and Axes

Postby OPPAI » 19 Jul 2014, 11:35

Lifariz wrote:
OPPAI wrote:But staTITSically, how much does +1 crit rate mean anyway?

(yes i forced that in)

Not much. Unless you were able to force in 90+ crit on yourself, then it's better to just add Fated Contractor Mag Ornament on your skill force mags and hope you get +crit. 33+ crit is already decent for melee users. Ofc, it's always good to have more crit.

So what do you think is preferable? Mnd for sp or Dex for a "meh" crit rate increase?
OPPAI

Postby Lifariz » 19 Jul 2014, 15:12

OPPAI wrote:
Lifariz wrote:
OPPAI wrote:But staTITSically, how much does +1 crit rate mean anyway?

(yes i forced that in)

Not much. Unless you were able to force in 90+ crit on yourself, then it's better to just add Fated Contractor Mag Ornament on your skill force mags and hope you get +crit. 33+ crit is already decent for melee users. Ofc, it's always good to have more crit.

So what do you think is preferable? Mnd for sp or Dex for a "meh" crit rate increase?

Dex decreases cool down while wis increases cast speed? I dunno, maybe a balance of both? I'm still leaving my extra stats alone so I can't really give a good estimate.
IGN: Lifariz
Weapon Class: Odachi, Buffing Staff

Please, when you enter Kaga onwards, at least be able to cast invig IV/V/VI when you decide to leech. Please and Thank you.
Lifariz

Postby Fenrir » 20 Jul 2014, 17:46

Just curious if there are the other sword skill force magatamas, future/JP content included . So far I've encountered
- Kougasha
- Nayuta
- Amara
- Asougi
- The "spin" series
Fenrir

Postby Halavista » 21 Jul 2014, 12:06

What is the recommended or best skill for Axe ? And should i play this Char ?
Halavista

Postby Xerzest » 21 Jul 2014, 16:38

I'm an Axe user so I'm gonna share what I know
Skills:
- Blue Fang Blade - This skill is must have for axe at least keep it one in one of your four weapons. This is a ranged auto lock-on single target skill. this skill is good against fast enemies like paper shikigami, ittenmonmen, tsujigami, and those damned flies. it's a survival skills against boss like beelze and ahriman. combo it with fierce god focus. recommend against boss and fast enemies.

- Ice Blade - This skill is probably one of the best axe skill if it doesn't have the knock back effect. it has wide front AoE. A 2 hit skills (I dunno if the hit increased when the rank increase). when you used it on small enemies it knock back them resulting they only got 1 hit instead 2, but sometimes it didn't knock back. work best against boss or enemies that immune to knock back. it has freeze effect that made the enemy frozen, once I used this skill on three eyed boss it sometime froze him. recommend against boss and mob

- Splasher - slam the ground to create torrent that damage surrounding enemies. as far as I know/use, this skill worth at rank 4 and rank 6. at rank 4 it create big torrent and ofc damage too, at rank 5 you can slam twice, the first slam will create a small torrent and second hit will create big torrent. at rank 6 you can hit 2 times with torrents. additional chain cost mana. recommend against mob

- Dust Storm Blast - Slow but great damage dealer skills, it's just take a while to get used to it's slow animation and timing it right. recommend against mob and boss

- Wild Strike - not worth, the damage is low. it increase additional chain hit when rank increased. it cost mana per chain. chain it when you're sure u can kill the monster otherwise there's high chance u get countered. not recommend against mob or boss.

- Collapsing Blade - high damage dealer while sacrificing a lot of durability. combo it with fierce god focus. recommend against boss.

- Leaping Strike - it's a good AoE skill with a good damage. recommend against mob

- Way of the Axe - good atk buff skill. a must have skill

- Fierce God Focus - next atk always crit. combo well with blue fang blade, collapsing blade or Dust storm blast

those skills are all I know and use, sorry If I don't describe it well, english is not my main. I know there's more skill that I haven't mentioned because I don't use them and I hope an expert axe user can correct it and/or add something that I don't know about axe skills

axe/sword easy guide for Ahriman
skill requirement:
- Blue Fang Blade (must have)

Run circle around ahriman, make sure u're not too far (if u're too far it will shoot dark lightning above you) yet not too close that u don't get hit when it use the darkness or dark lightning that surround him. while running circles around ahriman wait until it done shooting dark lightning that goes straight then use blue fang blade, if it shoot homing balls just run circles until it disappear and quickly atk with blue fang blade. at 50% hp or lower ahriman sometimes shoot straight dark lightning twice.
Xerzest

Postby Chieko-sama » 21 Jul 2014, 20:00

wanna ask about "diminishing return". when I put skill force magatamas with different rank. like putting 3 rank 4+ skill +% and 1 rank 5+ skill+%. It feels like the increase was not as big when I put 3 skill force and an attack mag (flat). I'm testing it at mobs at sekigahara field, used 3 nayuta and 1 burai, dealing crits at 93k+ with lightning slash VII at kappas. switching burai to taishougun gives me only 88k+. Wonder how do they work?
IGN: ChiekoMochida
lvl 92 sword

~Carrier of the Dark Eclipse~
Chieko-sama

Postby Otonashi » 21 Jul 2014, 23:03

http://onigiri.cyberstep.com/_/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3307

In other words if you have 120% Skill Force from other Magatama, another 40% will have an effective damage increase of 18.18%.
  僕    甘    真    柔
  ら       い    っ       わ
  は   絶     白    ら
  い    望     い     か
  る     の   ︑      い
︒     中                     ︑
                   に
                  ︑
Otonashi

Postby Lifariz » 24 Jul 2014, 17:26

@Xerzest please do include all existing non-Ougi skills for axe. Visit the wiki for the list.

Updated stuff.

Please, when you enter Kaga onwards, at least be able to cast invig IV/V/VI when you decide to leech. Please and Thank you.
Lifariz

Postby Monkey » 30 Jul 2014, 16:15

Ooh ooh aah aah eek!
Last edited by Monkey on 29 Aug 2014, 11:37, edited 1 time in total.
Monkey

Postby Lifariz » 01 Aug 2014, 04:06

Monkey wrote:I need to ask for a little help on Secluded Forest carrying.

So I have Dust Storm Blast V & VI on my +50 Oodachi (it's the one that raises attack speed). I tried carrying a SF run and failed miserably because I couldn't 1-shot stuff. I was doing like 10k to stuff with DSB. Is it worth upgrading the Oodachi further?

Yes o.o

It's recommended that you have a +100 of a weapon found within the region of good quality before carrying. Before I got my ougi skills I had to get 2 +100's (Yasha Tachi and Flame Oshikiri Tachi) before I could carry decently. Currently you're only needed to get to lvl60 before proceeding to the next areas so it's up to you if you want to keep carrying.

Lifariz

PreviousNext

Return to Guides & Strategy