[Guide] Spear Overview

Post helpful information for other players here.

Re: [Guide] Spear Overview

Postby Tenryuga » 02 Jul 2014, 06:01

Is a Spear / Katana hybrid viable? I chose "power" build to start but want to make spear my main weapon. So I should invest in pow after vit is done?
Tenryuga

Postby Lifariz » 02 Jul 2014, 06:25

Frankly Speaking, only mnd and dex are good secondaries. mnd for the much needed self-healing and dex for crit. If you secondary pow, it's just way better to invest just a few more into your main stat.
IGN: Lifariz
Weapon Class: Odachi, Buffing Staff

Please, when you enter Kaga onwards, at least be able to cast invig IV/V/VI when you decide to leech. Please and Thank you.
Lifariz

Postby Blanc » 02 Jul 2014, 06:46

Tenryuga wrote:Is a Spear / Katana hybrid viable? I chose "power" build to start but want to make spear my main weapon. So I should invest in pow after vit is done?

You actually get a SP reset after killing Benkei, so just stick with your Katana until there, then you can swap weapons. Adding two stat points early on will only hinder your damage and not do anything useful.
Dummy's Guide to a Spear here.
Dummy's Guide to smelting and not running out of money while getting high ranked skills on your weapon here.
Blanc

Postby Juubei » 02 Jul 2014, 06:54

Nice guide, but I actually use spear and focus to VIT. You dont have to run and hit coz you are tanker.
Make sure you full upgrade you weapons.

Every attack you made is with spear skill and of course always take SP recovery to make it perfect xD
If you pairing with healer that will be good advantages, dont worry to die lol.
/* signature */

[Unofficial] Torrent for Onigiri_US_full_client_0.1.1.zip
Onigiri version 0.1.1 | link1 | link2

***Please seed when finished the torrent.
Juubei

Postby Lazgrane » 02 Jul 2014, 06:57

Juubei wrote:Nice guide, but I actually use spear and focus to VIT. You dont have to run and hit coz you are tanker.

I thought so too until I get nearly 1 hit-ed by Ahriman's lighting.

Then I start investing on mnd and wear mdef magatama.
Lazgrane

Postby Tenryuga » 02 Jul 2014, 07:29

Lifariz wrote:Frankly Speaking, only mnd and dex are good secondaries. mnd for the much needed self-healing and dex for crit. If you secondary pow, it's just way better to invest just a few more into your main stat.

I see. So am I screwed with the spear since I chose a power build to start with instead of defensive? Or does it not really matter much in the long run?

Blanc wrote:
Tenryuga wrote:Is a Spear / Katana hybrid viable? I chose "power" build to start but want to make spear my main weapon. So I should invest in pow after vit is done?

You actually get a SP reset after killing Benkei, so just stick with your Katana until there, then you can swap weapons. Adding two stat points early on will only hinder your damage and not do anything useful.

This is very nice to know. Thank you for the information.
Tenryuga

Postby Blanc » 02 Jul 2014, 07:49

Juubei wrote: You dont have to run and hit coz you are tanker.
Make sure you full upgrade you weapons.

Don't come in and tell people to, for the love of god, tank things. You can't, unless you actually grind for levels so you end up being actually tanky. Others are underleveled, therefore unable to take more than two hits, and need to rely on actual skill to survive.

Lazgrane wrote:I thought so too until I get nearly 1 hit-ed by Ahriman's lighting.

Then I start investing on mnd and wear mdef magatama.

You don't have to invest in MND. Keeping adding VIT until it becomes inefficient. Just use defensive magatamas. Your inherently high hp should allow you eat at least one hit of anything not meant to kill you.

Bear in mind that all of these claims are under the assumption that you do not grind your face off until you can easily tank everything in sight.
Dummy's Guide to smelting and not running out of money while getting high ranked skills on your weapon here.
Blanc

Postby R-Maverick » 04 Jul 2014, 03:42

Hi guys,

I'm just starting and currently playing as a lvl 16 spearman right now (I have to say they are realllllly not fun until you can get a hand on Ice Cedar).

I mostly pump my point into Vit (it's mid 30 right now) with around 16 Mnd for SP pool (180-ish) right now and nothing else.

My question after playing are
1) Where should I stop pumping point into Mnd?
2) How much should I aim for with Dex for skill cooldown?
R-Maverick

Postby Blanc » 04 Jul 2014, 06:48

I'll assume you didn't read the thread which is only about two pages long.

R-Maverick wrote:1) Where should I stop pumping point into Mnd?

You shouldn't even have started. Go to page one, and read the last few posts. Your questions about a secondary stat should have been answered there.

R-Maverick wrote:2) How much should I aim for with Dex for skill cooldown?

Firstly, you don't grab DEX for skill cooldowns. You grab it for the extra damage the crit would give you. Secondly, a 3rd stat is a big no-no.

If you still need your queries clarified, feel free to post them. Though, I'd advise you to read through the entire thread before asking. 2 pages is easy to read through. It's not like this is 10+ pages long.
Blanc

Postby Plasism » 04 Jul 2014, 19:30

3 questions.

- At how much Vit would u suggest to start putting points into a secondary stat?

- A spear user should only choose between mind OR dex for a secondary stat? Not say put a few points into mind and rest into dex?

- To confirm, a Mind-based secondary stat would make spear users more tanky and can spam skills more, while Dex-based secondary stat would allow spear users to deal more damage with crits?
Plasism

PreviousNext

Return to Guides & Strategy