Where to grind/farm - Ideal spots, and why

Post helpful information for other players here.

Re: How to grind - Ideal spots, and why

Postby Fenrir » 30 Jul 2014, 00:27

Opinion on Nether Den of Needles Hell as a 50+ alternative?
Fenrir

Postby CweO N Milk » 30 Jul 2014, 00:29

I believe it's fine to do whatever you want in seki, though Den of Needles isnt too far away from repair for the drop compensation.
CweO N Milk

Postby Rocksilver » 31 Jul 2014, 14:58

I would like to ask if this is valid for a wand user. As I normally go for massive nuke strikes, I find that reward to repair ratio is lacking in some spots.

For example, I'm currently following this at Den of Needles Hell. At least in my view, the exp reward for an SS rank pales in the ten minutes it takes to run it compared to 2 3 min run at Yakumo Hell. Granted, I burst through bosses like a hot knife to butter with the nuke skills, but I think when compared to it, time and accessibility to repairs is more in line with Yakumo.

That being said, I decided to skip over to Kaga, and run Secluded normal within eight minutes. It was impressive to get at least 15k exp for my troubles.

Then I found Bamboo Thicket Well...that exp run is short sweet and full of goodies clocking in at 50k exp on a 200% booster. I would imagine somewhere around 15k for non booster people.

So, is this meant for physical class or can a Magic user cherry pick spots on this guide?

EDIT: I put Thick Bamboo wall by mistake for the run...hehe. Its Bamboo Thicket Wall
Feel a chill in the air?
Rocksilver

Postby Spirea » 31 Jul 2014, 20:03

Not sure why no one mentions prospectors forest. I never tried 5 man hell secluded, and Echigo estate is pretty slow/dangerous for me. As wand I leveled there for 30+levels. As of now a 5 man hell prospectors forest takes me 3 minutes without speed buffs and gets me around 50k exp with only 30% premium at 86-87. Prospectors is best for ranged though, many mobs are melee unfriendly.
Spirea

Postby Lynneth » 31 Jul 2014, 20:33

Rocksilver wrote:I would like to ask if this is valid for a wand user. As I normally go for massive nuke strikes, I find that reward to repair ratio is lacking in some spots.

For example, I'm currently following this at Den of Needles Hell. At least in my view, the exp reward for an SS rank pales in the ten minutes it takes to run it compared to 2 3 min run at Yakumo Hell. Granted, I burst through bosses like a hot knife to butter with the nuke skills, but I think when compared to it, time and accessibility to repairs is more in line with Yakumo.

That being said, I decided to skip over to Kaga, and run Secluded normal within eight minutes. It was impressive to get at least 15k exp for my troubles.

Then I found Bamboo Thicket Well...that exp run is short sweet and full of goodies clocking in at 50k exp on a 200% booster. I would imagine somewhere around 15k for non booster people.

So, is this meant for physical class or can a Magic user cherry pick spots on this guide?

EDIT: I put Thick Bamboo wall by mistake for the run...hehe. Its Bamboo Thicket Wall

Magic User (Wand/Staffs) is meant to be support in this game. I have calculated the SP consumption ratio/Durability per hit consumption/Skill Levels and Damage ratio compared to Income Generated/Loots/Experience.
Wand is good for nuking though.. like Flamestrike or Fireballs, Electric Shot/Electric Shock are the ideal what 'spells' are should be.

The SP Consumption for Wand Users at lv.5 skills are ridiculous (+- 200 SP per magic), even if you have 100 WIS/Pure WIS build (around 100-150 SP), which actually can traded to other some more useful stat points for survivability, and the damage you get is 'not that high'/mediocre.. unless you factor in the elemental of the enemies (even then the damage is still miniscule compared to some pure melee build).
The only exception would be wand ougi skills such as Fuujin/Raijin which has large AOE and also ridiculous SP consumption, it is basically like Water Dragon Spear with huge SP consumption. Basically, you can cast twice Water Dragon Spear V for wiping all the enemies onscreen = you can cast once Aqua Geyser V minus the large AOE WDS has.
In addition, though it's lv.5, the Area of Effect of wand is either closed space (small circle AOE), or small horizontal line in front of you which has delays after casting.

I have seen lots of melee build one-hit KO boss at hell difficulty below their level, they either go Full Power, or go Full VIT, with of course you will need Fierce God Focus and Way of the xxx (either spear/axe or sword/odachi) to buff damage. You will need more level if you play as wand user.
For example : I have partied with someone lv.48 one hit bosses lv.51++ at Yakumo Temple Hell difficulty. With wand, you will need around lv.55/56 to one hit KO boss or lv.60.

Wand/Staffs doesn't have 'Focus' to grand 'always critical' and Way of the Wand to increase its damage.That's why, wand/staff users pale in damage comparison/SP Consumption with melee or even Bow Users which has Way of the Bows and Rapid ASPD which Wand need to position and (slow) casting.
IGN : Lynneth (lv.92/Reraised as Zombies) - Looking for more exciting experience..Rather than being depressed, better just play! :D. Let's grind for teamwork.. or not? :P :). Looking for party to grind lv.90+ weapon. Whisp me IGN!-In hiatus for 2 days-
Lynneth

Postby Spirea » 31 Jul 2014, 20:54

There is a good reason why there is no high level wands and tons of high spears lol.
Spirea

Postby Lynneth » 31 Jul 2014, 21:02

Spirea wrote:There is a good reason why there is no high level wands and tons of high spears lol.

Because wands sucks in this game :lol: :lol: :mrgreen: .. Well, I myself is wand/staff users, so I suck too I guess :roll: :roll:
IGN : Lynneth (lv.92/Reraised as Zombies) - Looking for more exciting experience..Rather than being depressed, better just play! :D. Let's grind for teamwork.. or not? :P :). Looking for party to grind lv.90+ weapon. Whisp me IGN!-In hiatus for 2 days-
Lynneth

Postby SeekerFate » 31 Jul 2014, 21:12

Nah, it's just because most people couldn't/didn't want to get over the hurdle of wand's terrible early game.

Wands late game (even mid-game they've toned down the biggest crippling factor) are incredible or at the very least match up with spears, but it also kinda depends on the user's sp control. (also depends on if you can get the aoe glaives though/not as reliant on ougi's they're just there but still a good option if you can get them)

Mind you, although spears are nice, the current trend is just more of a bandwagon thanks to certain examples, the real strengths lies elsewhere. (whistles)
(I'm sticking to spear because it's the poor man's weapon and because of a certain character so it's not really my concern should the bandwagon switch to something else; if it ever does, that is)
Chocolate~
This game trolls me.
Entire character nupped lvl 34 EnAlpha
Blind at Sekigahara 'cept fer sky in JpCBT ~lvl 32ish?
En: SeekerFate - lvl 89 SeekerDissonance - lvl 61 -> 81
Can't believe I'm back, for now.
SeekerFate

Postby Lynneth » 31 Jul 2014, 21:34

SeekerFate wrote:Nah, it's just because most people couldn't/didn't want to get over the hurdle of wand's terrible early game.

Wands late game (even mid-game they've toned down the biggest crippling factor) are incredible or at the very least match up with spears, but it also kinda depends on the user's sp control. (also depends on if you can get the aoe glaives though/not as reliant on ougi's they're just there but still a good option if you can get them)

Mind you, although spears are nice, the current trend is just more of a bandwagon thanks to certain examples, the real strengths lies elsewhere. (whistles)
(I'm sticking to spear because it's the poor man's weapon and because of a certain character so it's not really my concern should the bandwagon switch to something else; if it ever does, that is)

lol :D .

Early Game : Wands late game is incredible? :lol: :lol: . Don't forget that enemies at Endgame is also incredible. Can one hit KO glasscannon, or two hits tanks/vit and has LOTS of HP (exception, some magatamas will prevent you this 1 hit KO ;) ;) ).
Anywho, Can you describe it how wands are incredible at late game ? ;). Wands are rich people weapon, yet the quality is poor :shock: :o . You can compare the wand's minimum and maximum damage to other weapons (except staff).
Wands are good only for nuking and it had much less damage compared with other weapons. But not for AOE and boss battle.

Why Wands are the worst?
-> High learning curve, and after you adapt to the wand spells, you will still need to position yourself.
-> Every big spells that has high damage need long spell casting and high SP consumption.
->Interruptible spell casting, and yet your SP will be drained. (on other games, if you failed to spellcast, your SP is not consumed).
-> The SP consumption is insanely huge, and in order to minimize the SP consumption, you will need a lot of WIS, which in turn, minimize your survivability [ Comparison : lv.5 wand spells costs around 200 SP, lv.5 spear skill cost only 75 ].
-> The minimum and maximum damage is bad either early game or endgame
-> Big FIXED spells can't be enchanted on ground.
-> Every nuke spells need to be 'targeted' correctly.
-> The ranged targeting system in this game is weird. (play as wand user, and you will know what I mean)
-> The ASPD is low, and mediocre at best (the normal attack).In comparison to ranged attack, bows are much much more rewarding, and can switch to melee when enemies are nearby.
-> You need to know your element's enemies to hit the weakness, it means, you will need to rotate wands and know beforehand.
-> Has no Way of the 'xxx' and Fierce God Focus to greatly increase damage.
-> Ougis for wands are hard to find, except the lv.20 Sherryl's weapon which is rather useless..., only ougis from gachapon ticket/nyarukonpon is useful.
-> WIS stats for wands only add SP pool, SP recovery and damage for wand (one of the worst stats in this game), adding critical per 24 stats? :shock: :shock: , it means you will only get +3 crits for 100 WIS. M Cast speed is not really useful. We need more ASPD and COOLDOWN TIME REduction in SKILLS so that we can SPAM More SKILLS!
Compare : VIT(survivability) and DEX (crits)
-> Evade Warp, the only skills for escaping enemies for wand users, are lame and SP costly. It has 'after delay' skills which after you cast it, you're very vulnerable to attacks. Using guided attack/homing, you can still be hit by bosses/normal enemies. [ compare with : Lunge Steps, and some other skills which damage and then leaping back from enemies ]
-> No blocking attack.
-> Recharging SP takes a considerable durability
-> Attack Range is weird, lower than bows, and a little bit farther than spears.
-> Normal attack is single target.
-> Other weapons besides wands have also elemental attacks which has much more damage than wand pure elemental attacks.
-> The prize for quests, are mostly 'sword-type' weapons.

===

I do agree though, Spears are the best weapon in this game and poor/rich man's weapon. I enjoy leveling with my spears much more rather than wands. It is great at early, mid and endgame.
Low SP consumption, High damage, Big AOE Skills, Enemies are knocked back when hit, normal attack are AOE, and many cool skills.

----

Other weapons beside wands have also elemental attacks which has much more damage than wand pure elemental attacks, so why bother playing wands? :D :D
Because I love to play it. :D :D
Lynneth

Postby vyxpawa » 01 Aug 2014, 00:21

want to ask about twin blade user. i stuck at gedomaru dungeon, i just can do hard and i use bow when arrive at boss stage. my equipment is +40 white twin blade with lightning slash III, TBS III, and poison II. for magatama i use 2 mushiro and 1 burai. is there something wrong with my equip or my method? it seems so hard to kill the boss with twin blade
vyxpawa

PreviousNext

Return to Guides & Strategy