Where to grind/farm - Ideal spots, and why

Post helpful information for other players here.

Re: Where to grind/farm - Ideal spots, and why

Postby AtmaMoogle » 12 Aug 2015, 10:06

...You can easily do Kishinden hell at lvl 10 wuut. And by the time you're 40 you should already be in Kaga (pre exp buff) unless you've never smelted a weapon pass +30 I don't see how you can possibly have a problem till Nakasendo.
AtmaMoogle

Postby HelixDraxzonyx » 13 Aug 2015, 17:06

AtmaMoogle wrote:...You can easily do Kishinden hell at lvl 10 wuut. And by the time you're 40 you should already be in Kaga (pre exp buff) unless you've never smelted a weapon pass +30 I don't see how you can possibly have a problem till Nakasendo.

I have weapons smelted to +50 and still have problems. I think mainly because my defence is strangely low, and because I can't always get guard timing right. Doesn't help that I'm playing on a notebook either. I'm working on building a new pc which should run Onigiri without any problems, but I get paid peanuts so it'll take a while. I'll finish around about December at this rate. Things have gotten a little easier lately since crafting 3 new Magatama (Wolf, Cow and Flourite), so that's helped with defences and Twin Sword Affinity. I just cleared Oonaobi Hell for the first time today. Wasn't that hard really, just took a while to get through it. I think I'll grind at Ooikazuchi instead though. Slightly less Ryou (around 40k per run compared to Oonaobi's 52k per run), but I can run Ooikazuchi twice in the time it takes to do one Oonaobi run, so it's more efficient, and I can still pick up Goshinken. That seems like a worthwhile weapon, and seems to have strangely high durability for its grade than other weapons. Another problem might be because I never really paid any attention to Grade before. Big mistake I see now, so at the moment I'm gradually working on replacing my weapon stocks with higher grade ones. Some of those I'll have to hold on to until I can do Skill Extract, but even then I think that caps out at Rank V, and I have some Rank VII skills, so I'll have to hold those weapons indefinitely, unless I get the skills again on SKill Cards. At the moment I'm trying to avoid wasting time, money and resources on weapons below Grade 50, unless they happen to have some hefty skills on them. Even then I won't go below Grade 40. Once I've finished restocking my weapon loadout and boosting everything to +50, then I'll push on towards Kyoto. That's just my play style. I've always been the more cautious type, preferring to OP everything rather than rush in quickly. It might not be the best strategy, but it's the one that works for me.
QUIT
HelixDraxzonyx

Postby AtmaMoogle » 13 Aug 2015, 17:25

Well, there's where you go wrong. You think Defense is useful, defense is literally a joke of a stat that does nothing; get Skillforce magatama and be on your merry way. Everything else is shit unless you know what you're doing with element building.

Also, I didn't even read half of that cause wall of text is wall of text. Literally the first and last sentences.
AtmaMoogle

Postby SupremeTentacle » 14 Aug 2015, 12:46

A level 5x with Izumo equipment will be significantly weaker than a Lv. 3x with Kyoto equipment.

Grade really doesn't matter that much at low levels. It only really counts after the triple digits.

Used rank 7 skill cards cannot be turned back into skill cards. You'll have to roll them again.

Magatama focused defensive stats = waste of chakra.

I still think you should be in Kyoto by your mid 20's... unless the exp boost makes it so that you're a higher level than that even if you don't grind.
Selling all of my gear for ~40% of its market value!
~4 lv. 108 to 115 weapons remaining
Some skill card 7's, ougi, orna'd maga and other stuff too!
SupremeTentacle

Postby HelixDraxzonyx » 14 Aug 2015, 16:50

If Defense is meaningless, then why does my tank (Dancer Lancer), who has the highest P. Def of my characters, take far less damage than any of my other characters in the same situations? He takes hits like they were nothing, but characters with lower defence (especially Magic Maelstrom) get absolutely pounded. If it's not Defence making a difference, then what is?

I would replace the Flourite Magatama with something else if I had it. My other three are all for Twin Sword affinity since apparently stacking affinity is a good way to become OP. I'll look into crafting other Magatama, but I make no guarantees on that. The Flourite one has made a noticeable difference since I crafted it, which is why it remains.
QUIT
HelixDraxzonyx

Postby Tekato » 14 Aug 2015, 18:01

HelixDraxzonyx wrote:If Defense is meaningless, then why does my tank (Dancer Lancer), who has the highest P. Def of my characters, take far less damage than any of my other characters in the same situations? He takes hits like they were nothing, but characters with lower defence (especially Magic Maelstrom) get absolutely pounded. If it's not Defence making a difference, then what is?

I would replace the Flourite Magatama with something else if I had it. My other three are all for Twin Sword affinity since apparently stacking affinity is a good way to become OP. I'll look into crafting other Magatama, but I make no guarantees on that. The Flourite one has made a noticeable difference since I crafted it, which is why it remains.

Sure defense might help a little at lower levels but it will eventually become useless like around izumo mobs/bosses in hell will most likely start to one shot you regardless of how much defense you have, as for your affinity magatamas they will start to become useless once you hit cap affinity which is 3k and can be easily capped once you unlock Amaterasu tittles, so you should start focusing on obtaining skill force magatama which will last you a while.
Lv 115 Twinsword
Dead from Onigiri Cancer.
Tekato

Postby SupremeTentacle » 14 Aug 2015, 18:35

Because -200 flat damage reduction isn't going to save you from about 15 ticks of 800k damage.
Selling all of my gear for ~40% of its market value!
~4 lv. 108 to 115 weapons remaining
Some skill card 7's, ougi, orna'd maga and other stuff too!
SupremeTentacle

Postby Jakiro » 15 Aug 2015, 14:37

Granted, Defense is an optional thing to obtain around your level. However, as you enter your higher levels (Maybe around Kaga or Echigo), your attack suffers dramatic loss without your skill force magatamas. In the meta we hold right now, the best way to beat dungeons is basically "kill faster or be killed". Using defense mags also causes you to consume more durability, which in the end pretty much breaks later game if you lack sufficient damage to kill them with.

Btw, you don't really need affinity mags till your at triple digits because of your affinity cap being expanded. And when I mean you need affinity mags at triple digits, I mean levels 110+. The rest you can get affinity title for that. If you max Amaterasu's friendship levels, you should have some good affinity titles for your intended weapon (em.. maybe not spear affinity since she hates spears T.T)

Your grade will be at 100 if you keep leveling up Shizuka's friendship levels.

So all in all, go focus skill force, max your main stat for your weapon first, then kill em all.

Em sorry equipment not shown due to privacy issues, but God of Death has 6k affinity whilst wearing Skill force mags. Its really simple to attain 6k affinity with the right equipment and titles, so its preferred to go Skillforce Mags.
-----------

Btw this is Yosh1tsune, aka Miyako Tachibana. Using alt acc since CS didnt bother reading my ticket for 5 straight days.
Back for now... Getting back up to speed with this Garg stuffs.
Also taking the liberty to spam knowledge into the forums.

Yosh!tsune [Lvl 115 Swords] ~ May come back one day...
___________ [Lvl 115 Swords] ~ Not telling you the username
Jakiro

Postby HelixDraxzonyx » 15 Aug 2015, 18:17

Ah ok, that's more helpful. I'll switch to Skill Force rather than Affinity then. It'd be nice if I could get my attack speed up as well, but hey, one thing at a time.

On another note, I just got to Kyoto with my tank today. Turns out I was a lot closer than I realised. I thought there'd be another 2-3 areas before Kyoto but apparently not. All I had to do was clear Yomotsuhirasaka, which wasn't too difficult, although Beelzebub was a pain in the arse. My tank isn't really built for ranging, but luckily my Intetsu +30 had Blue Fang Blade III on it, so that made all the difference. I also got a small taste of Kyoto's lag. I'm not looking forward to dealing with that.

I've decided to use my Tank as a test subject, pushing him further ahead to see what's still to come, so that my other characters can prepare for that better. Dancer Lancer's only going to focus on clearing dungeons at Normal Level for now, instead of trying to clear all three before moving to the next area, which was my strategy up until now. Once I've got better weapons and Magatamas, then I'll go back and thrash out the dungeons. Theoretically anyway.
QUIT
HelixDraxzonyx

Postby Jakiro » 15 Aug 2015, 20:49

If you need help on bosses, theres a rather helpful guide that a player posted, can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8143
Back for now... Getting back up to speed with this Garg stuffs.
Also taking the liberty to spam knowledge into the forums.

Yosh!tsune [Lvl 115 Swords] ~ May come back one day...
___________ [Lvl 115 Swords] ~ Not telling you the username
Jakiro

PreviousNext

Return to Guides & Strategy