Where to grind/farm - Ideal spots, and why

Post helpful information for other players here.

Re: How to grind - Ideal spots, and why

Postby Firon » 29 Nov 2014, 18:45

ZeroEX wrote:2nd this is off topic i want to ask few thing

Better to ask somewhere else so that it'd help other players in similar situations imo, anyway, I'll try to answer your questions :)

ZeroEX wrote:all Status Points go to dex any laft Point go to wis or Mnd for more sp or vit for HP and Survival sins i die a lot XD

I strongly suggest against this. You'll need the leftover points if you are ever going to get high dex, which will probably be a necessity later on if not at the point you're at. I don't mean to not put points in other stats, just that you really should prioritise your main stat and don't always use all your points just because you have them.

ZeroEX wrote:the Magatama i use are
Mushiro Magatama
Flourite Magatama
Kouya Magatama
Wolf Magatama

Flourite magatama is def iirc, so probably a bad idea since you've probably noticed that def doesn't help much. I would suggest picking either ts or bow because having different aff mags for each will significantly reduce your dmg. You'll need more dex, though, so you can hit 3k aff for ~1.8k more attack-You'll probably need a stat reset for this :/

ZeroEX wrote:the Magatama i try to get my hand on is *and fail to get it T_T *
Chian
Fuuri
Nekomata
form this wikia http://onigiri.wikia.com/wiki/Magatama is drop form
Cave of Nakiwase Hell Solo, and Room of Rites Solo Hell
it don't drop for me i did 5 run *both of them* and lost the will to go on T_T
i don't know if drop form mop or boss -_-

Magatama drops are rare, don't expect any in 5 runs. Btw, room of rites solo hell is awesome for dex magatama (nekomata, fuuri, melon, pineapple and mango).
I've gotten all of those in the infinite grind spot except for mango.
The infinite grind spot:
If you don't know where it is, check the map in Room of Rites.
Basically, what you do is trigger the trap, kill all the daruma behind you except one, then trigger the trap again. Repeat infinitely :)
Steal attack helps. Also, collect the drops to stop lag. If you get that bit, then here's another tip: Lure the remaining daruma to the trigger, trigger the trap, then kill it, then trigger the trap straight after. That should freeze the daruma in it's respawn point so you don't risk hitting or luring it for whatever reason.
Again, they're still magatama drops, so expect to farm a few hours -.-

ZeroEX wrote:can you Recommendations me
Status Points
good AOE and single target skill for twin swords and bow
Magatama

Status points: Dex, lots of dex
AoE for ts:
Ougi XD (thunderbeast and true spirit blast)

Single target for ts:
Crimson Crosscut
Twin Blade Slash (needs to be leveled a lot, but becomes good)

AoE for Bow:
White/Rainbow Peacock (need higher ranks, you really should be using skill evolution in smelting, not sure you are, unless you got chidori with 3 rank 1 skills...)
Lightning (flash) shot (same)
Some people say Arrow/Meteor Rain (Shot) but I think it's too unpredictable to use as AoE.

Single Target:
Icicle shot/Storm
Exorcist Arrow
(Poison) Rapid shot

Magatama:
Max your aff, then go sf, I guess.

ZeroEX wrote:i was told *read forum somewhere* do not go hybrid so when i do hybrid build ?

You probably shouldn't go hybrid until you have maxed aff without aff magatamas so you can equip 3/4 hybrid sf magatama or whatever balance you chose. Hunter's magatama is rank 5+ bow/ts btw, so if you're going to hybrid those, that's the one you'll be using but it doesn't drop until just before/at Echigo.

ZeroEX wrote:any info that help me make my gameplay easy as pie plz let me have it XD

More dex xD
That's the most important thing.

oh btw, blue weapons are generally a bad idea, try to get gold whenever you can and red if you can't. This becomes more important at higher levels.
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Postby ZeroEX » 29 Nov 2014, 19:20

ok i am follow your guide :shock:
thanks or your help Firon senpai :D

oh what is sf (>.<)
ZeroEX

Postby Firon » 29 Nov 2014, 22:29

ZeroEX wrote:ok i am follow your guide :shock:
thanks or your help Firon senpai :D

oh what is sf (>.<)

Np, glad it helped.

sf=skill force
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Postby Momiji » 24 Apr 2015, 04:58

Bumping this.
What a pain in the ass...
TwintailsLv 130

Find me on The Onigiri Discord server!
Momiji

Re: Where to grind/farm - Ideal spots, and why

Postby SupremeTentacle » 18 Jun 2015, 12:20

Slight edit and format change
Selling all of my gear for ~40% of its market value!
~4 lv. 108 to 115 weapons remaining
Some skill card 7's, ougi, orna'd maga and other stuff too!
SupremeTentacle

Postby spg123 » 26 Jul 2015, 11:48

Does anyone have a good idea where to farm presents for your partners? My shop is seriously lacking items :P recently i see that Dagger peak hell drops a fair amount of goods (specially during fever time) but i cant solo that yet and hard to find partys cause my computer takes frikin forever to load areas. Any suggestions
spg123

Postby Miyako Tachibana » 26 Jul 2015, 12:06

spg123 wrote:Does anyone have a good idea where to farm presents for your partners? My shop is seriously lacking items :P recently i see that Dagger peak hell drops a fair amount of goods (specially during fever time) but i cant solo that yet and hard to find partys cause my computer takes frikin forever to load areas. Any suggestions

Well you might want to check that other recent post by Supreme Tentacle, pretty useful.

SupremeTentacle said: Friendship levels are obtained by feeding Miyamoto Musashi weapons. She can only take weapons that are somewhat near her level range, or higher, meaning that lower level weapons will give her less friendship as she becomes a higher level. Higher friendship levels also provide the player with additional skills and stats. However, these stats only apply when you perform a vanguard swap.

Basically, get a lot of weapons around her friendship level and level her that way. Which basically means, you just have to grind hell mode on "ideal spots" based on her level.
US Onigiri Character:
    Yosh!tsune Lvl 115 Swords
    Myuu Tachibana Lvl 32 Twin Swords
JP Onigiri Character: Tachibana Miyako Lvl 52 Bow
Further preparing for next content~
Miyako Tachibana

Postby spg123 » 26 Jul 2015, 12:16

Miyako Tachibana wrote:
spg123 wrote:Does anyone have a good idea where to farm presents for your partners? My shop is seriously lacking items :P recently i see that Dagger peak hell drops a fair amount of goods (specially during fever time) but i cant solo that yet and hard to find partys cause my computer takes frikin forever to load areas. Any suggestions

Well you might want to check that other recent post by Supreme Tentacle, pretty useful.

SupremeTentacle said: Friendship levels are obtained by feeding Miyamoto Musashi weapons. She can only take weapons that are somewhat near her level range, or higher, meaning that lower level weapons will give her less friendship as she becomes a higher level. Higher friendship levels also provide the player with additional skills and stats. However, these stats only apply when you perform a vanguard swap.

Basically, get a lot of weapons around her friendship level and level her that way. Which basically means, you just have to grind hell mode on "ideal spots" based on her level.

I saw that post but,

Im trying to level up Miroku to get more shop goods cause the best HP potion i have in shop in the 650+ one lol Hes lvl 10 and i used 23 model kits and hes only halfway to lvl 11.
spg123

Postby SupremeTentacle » 26 Jul 2015, 12:36

Friendship items will drop from all monsters that are no more than 10 levels under you.
Selling all of my gear for ~40% of its market value!
~4 lv. 108 to 115 weapons remaining
Some skill card 7's, ougi, orna'd maga and other stuff too!
SupremeTentacle

Postby Miyako Tachibana » 26 Jul 2015, 14:33

Could feed her Magatamas or weapons you dont need or want.
US Onigiri Character:
    Yosh!tsune Lvl 115 Swords
    Myuu Tachibana Lvl 32 Twin Swords
JP Onigiri Character: Tachibana Miyako Lvl 52 Bow
Further preparing for next content~
Miyako Tachibana

PreviousNext

Return to Guides & Strategy