Where to grind/farm - Ideal spots, and why

Post helpful information for other players here.

Re: How to grind - Ideal spots, and why

Postby SupremeTentacle » 06 Jul 2014, 09:36

Welp, was asleep.

To answer some questions

Party size is based on individual preference. If you are strong enough to still kill easily when you are in a party, then go ahead and play in a party. There's no reason to solo, unless you can't handle the higher hp/more spawns from party.

By can't handle, I mean it becomes less efficient. Since I'm unsure as to how strong you are at any point in time, I cannot comment on specifics.

You can solo even if you are not a spear. The thing that you have to ensure you do is find the right skills and play carefully/correctly.

Sometimes, you may need to switch weapons for this tactic. For example, if you don't have Oni Spirit Blast extracted on sword, or have found another really good AOE spell, you may want to switch to Odachi, or spec for an ougi so that you have more mob potential.

@ Zetsumei

Keep in mind that my gear is far past the min limit required to do this map effectively.

To do it effectively, you need ~ Lv. 50 weapon + 50 or higher and as much possible skill force magatama. Accessories are not really needed.

Too lazy to screenshot all maga, but at the time, I had
Gemini x 2
Cancer
Peerless

Please keep in mind that you should choose magatama based on your weapon skills.
Selling all of my gear for ~40% of its market value!
~4 lv. 108 to 115 weapons remaining
Some skill card 7's, ougi, orna'd maga and other stuff too!
SupremeTentacle

Postby Tigerruss » 06 Jul 2014, 10:10

Thanks for the guide. I was starting to get to the point when progressing through the story was using nearly the full durability of two weapons...
So, I decided I was needing to level. I decided to try the Yakumo temple, and I was getting EXP and money, but I wasn't really getting weapons that would help me. But thanks to your guide I went back to Gedoumaru, and I am getting some decent equips.
That being said, my equips aren't that great for clearing it quickly on Hell, so I am doing it on hard since that takes half the time. (and if I make a mistake, the consequences are less brutal)
Tigerruss

Postby Akirro » 06 Jul 2014, 10:46

I got a question aswell.
I just got to Kyoto, and currently i am lvl 29 using a +30 Otegine and a +30 Adorned bamboo, both got the with Waterdragon IV, so i switch between them to stay at range. Now i am trying to farm Gedoumaru, and i can do it on hell, takes 7-8mins, which i believe is ok, considering my weapon.

My question is, when is it worth it to get a weapon past +30? it seems so expensive - how long should i plan on using a weapon i get to +40/50 say a lvl 35/36 Dahou from Gedoumaru for example? would it even be worth it to upgrade it that much?
Akirro

Postby Otonashi » 06 Jul 2014, 10:54

Don't use items with rarity if you can't afford them. The difference in damage isn't that much but they are significantly cheaper.
  僕    甘    真    柔
  ら       い    っ       わ
  は   絶     白    ら
  い    望     い     か
  る     の   ︑      い
︒     中                     ︑
                   に
                  ︑
Otonashi

Postby Akirro » 06 Jul 2014, 11:02

Otonashi wrote:Don't use items with rarity if you can't afford them. The difference in damage isn't that much but they are significantly cheaper.

Oooh, makes sense. thanks :)
Akirro

Postby Zetsumei418 » 07 Jul 2014, 01:03

You're awesome Tentacle, thanks again for the guild and thanks for weapons.
IGN: Zetsumei
Zetsumei418

Postby Naku » 07 Jul 2014, 13:06

any suggestion for mob then AoE for bow user ? i mean bow (and possibly staff) aoe skill are so few that useable for mobbing is just peacock (and possible LFS)? and it doesn't that big damage (not OHKO like water dragon spear)
well bow can spam from outside of their territory,but it get a little not effective..
please correct me if i am wrong
Naku

Postby SupremeTentacle » 07 Jul 2014, 14:38

Lightning Arrow is a good addition to have.

I'm not really a bow main, so you would be better off asking Otonashi for more details.
Selling all of my gear for ~40% of its market value!
~4 lv. 108 to 115 weapons remaining
Some skill card 7's, ougi, orna'd maga and other stuff too!
SupremeTentacle

Postby Kurami » 07 Jul 2014, 16:20

Is this a good stats??? Please give me some tips on how to improve it :)
Attachments
ntitled.png
ntitled.png (177.34 KiB) Viewed 27641 times
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (182.01 KiB) Viewed 27641 times
Kurami

Postby Otonashi » 07 Jul 2014, 19:49

Naku wrote:any suggestion for mob then AoE for bow user ? i mean bow (and possibly staff) aoe skill are so few that useable for mobbing is just peacock (and possible LFS)? and it doesn't that big damage (not OHKO like water dragon spear)
well bow can spam from outside of their territory,but it get a little not effective..
please correct me if i am wrong

Bow AoE skills don't do as much damage as other weapons, so there isn't much you can do to OHKO mobs. Most probably the best way to go about killing entire packs is to have a bow with 1 Lightning (Flash) Shot and 2 Peacocks, Lightning Shot initially then Peacock to kill anything left over.
  僕    甘    真    柔
  ら       い    っ       わ
  は   絶     白    ら
  い    望     い     か
  る     の   ︑      い
︒     中                     ︑
                   に
                  ︑
Otonashi

PreviousNext

Return to Guides & Strategy