Where to grind/farm - Ideal spots, and why

Post helpful information for other players here.

Re: How to grind - Ideal spots, and why

Postby SupremeTentacle » 07 Jul 2014, 23:38

@ Kurami

Its difficult to judge that way.

A better way would just be to screenshot your status screen, your weapon, and provide your level.
Selling all of my gear for ~40% of its market value!
~4 lv. 108 to 115 weapons remaining
Some skill card 7's, ougi, orna'd maga and other stuff too!
SupremeTentacle

Postby Zetsumei418 » 08 Jul 2014, 01:28

What are some tips for Den of Needles? I noticed a lot is skippable and the skeletons are farmable. Do we just farm the skeletons over and over?
IGN: Zetsumei
Zetsumei418

Postby Kurami » 08 Jul 2014, 01:29

oh sorry! Level is 35 IGN: Kurami

The Magatams i used:
Black Kite x3
Gemini
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (100.91 KiB) Viewed 28131 times
titled.png
Status Page
titled.png (216.05 KiB) Viewed 28133 times
tled.png
Weapons
tled.png (71.75 KiB) Viewed 28133 times
Kurami

Postby Leonhardt » 08 Jul 2014, 02:35

Perhaps I just suck, but I cannot efficiently do Yakumo Temple for the life of me. I decided to take a step back to Gedamaru Hell, and while the place is doable, I often find myself dying too many times to make the run worth it in the end just getting to the boss (Those damn instant jumps like every mod in that dungeon does).

This is at level 36.

My equipment:

Do I just need to git gud?

Or perhaps are there any changes I should make? I know I could probably swap out that Quartz Magatama for a damage Magatama, as most attacks 1 shot me anyway even with it.

Any other suggestions as well would be great.
Leonhardt

Postby Kurami » 08 Jul 2014, 02:47

Do you even dodge???
Just Hit and Dodge to survive hell mode; watch this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmUyoqGZMao
Credits to SupremeTentacle :D

And did you put dex stats in???
If you did I recommend not going hybrid yet until you have the maximum affinity for your odachi!
Don't get damage magatamas if you want to damage more, search for magatamas that will increase the affinity of your chosen weapon and skill force, but that is my opinions you don't need to do what I suggested. :)
Kurami

Postby Leonhardt » 08 Jul 2014, 02:51

Kurami wrote:Do you even dodge???
Just Hit and Dodge to survive hell mode; watch this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmUyoqGZMao
Credits to SupremeTentacle :D

And did you put dex stats in???
If you did I recommend not going hybrid yet until you have the maximum affinity for your odachi!
Don't get damage magatamas if you want to damage more, search for magatamas that will increase the affinity of your chosen weapon and skill force, but that is my opinions you don't need to do what I suggested. :)

I do dodge, it's just the sudden attacks that I cannot evade unless I kill the target before they do it. Even if I dodge out of a flinch reflex half the time I'll still get hit. I'll work on creating more colored carp magatama and see if they help, from what I've heard though affinity is only better than raw attack once you're over a certain threshold of attack to where the affinity percentage gives more than the raw. Dunno if I'm at that.

As for dex, I did out of mistake put a a few points into dex, and even Vit when I was a much lower level not knowing what I was doing, but I've been going straight power for the longest time now. The high Dex is mostly because I'm Daring.

I could be completely wrong, but I'll get to farming those cucumbers and checking it out anyway.

EDIT: Made a few changes, and here is what a run with me playing as cautiously as possible looks like: http://www.twitch.tv/esleonhardt/c/4621067 (Excuse the bad quality, my processor is just an E8500 dual core)

EDIT EDIT: And another, Yakumo this time: http://www.twitch.tv/esleonhardt/c/4621214
Leonhardt

Postby SupremeTentacle » 08 Jul 2014, 08:37

@ Kurami

Its fine~

Work on your lv. 42 spear next.

@ Leo

The problem is the skills you have ^^

(your status build also lowers your damage significantly as well.. but we cannot do anything about that, so let's focus on other stuff, and worry about that when you get the free status reset)

Try to get some skills that are better for AOE-ing or bursting with Odachi, namely higher ranked skills, instead if III, and also things like Fierce slash, dust storm blast, sword of avidia -Hell-, etc.

As for dodging, what specifically are you having trouble dodging? The jumps where they go really high and then body slam down, or the ones where they football tackle you? Either way, you should be able to dodge it because they don't flinch right before they cast a spell.
SupremeTentacle

Postby Leonhardt » 08 Jul 2014, 08:56

SupremeTentacle wrote:@ Kurami

Its fine~

Work on your lv. 42 spear next.

@ Leo

The problem is the skills you have ^^

(your status build also lowers your damage significantly as well.. but we cannot do anything about that, so let's focus on other stuff, and worry about that when you get the free status reset)

Try to get some skills that are better for AOE-ing or bursting with Odachi, namely higher ranked skills, instead if III, and also things like Fierce slash, dust storm blast, sword of avidia -Hell-, etc.

As for dodging, what specifically are you having trouble dodging? The jumps where they go really high and then body slam down, or the ones where they football tackle you? Either way, you should be able to dodge it because they don't flinch right before they cast a spell.

The little egg guys in specific, the jump where they do it fast enough to hit the ground quickly. Not the football tackle one, though that one does tend to screw me over in that hallway a lot. It's a second jump pound they do.

But I've gotten use to it I guess, just been keeping my distance. As for that boss though, half of his attacks I just cannot dodge as displayed in the video. I have to get in far too close to him in order to land a hit on him, and then the time it takes me to get out of his next attacks range isn't really enough. A lot of fights like that just turn into me and the boss trading blows until 1 of us dies.

Also, how should I go about getting better skills? Momotarou rarely ever gives me the option to upgrade skills I use on my main weapon. Should I trash my current one and get another? Or hold onto it a few more levels and replace it for something completely better?

EDIT: I do have a Fierce Slash VII skill card, and a Grim Strike IV card, though I'd hate to put them onto a weapon that I'd wind up replacing.
Last edited by Leonhardt on 08 Jul 2014, 09:08, edited 1 time in total.
Leonhardt

Postby SupremeTentacle » 08 Jul 2014, 09:06

Try to find a second weapon from the Gedoumaru dungeon. It should drop Lv. 35 Odachi.

And yeah, the boss is a little annoying, but you just have to keep kite/guard until he dies xD
SupremeTentacle

Postby Seriyu » 08 Jul 2014, 14:17

Where does one find a Gemini mag?
Sorry for the off topic question...LOL
Seriyu

PreviousNext

Return to Guides & Strategy