Where to grind/farm - Ideal spots, and why

Post helpful information for other players here.

Re: How to grind - Ideal spots, and why

Postby MxnPride » 10 Jul 2014, 12:39

Ryxa wrote:
MxnPride wrote:I thought its best to get the actual stats in VIT over AFFANITY. A title with 12+ VIT would probably beat 50% affinity any day.

It depends. 50% affinity would get you to affinity cap with 2k base affinity. 12 vit at the point you have about 2k affinity would net you about 400 affinity iirc.

Oh and from a title no less... In that case 50% affinity rules! :3
MxnPride - Level 70 - Part Time
MxnPride

Postby OminousClouds » 11 Jul 2014, 03:24

So I've just been truckin along with my +40 lvl 7 kikuichimonji (the gold katana) and a +30 onigiri. I'm lvl 19 now and wondering when I should upgrade to something of a higher level. Exp is pretty fast at Byakko at least for now. It says to wait till Gedoumaru to farm for equips. So should I not enhance anything from the Tiamat dungeon (I have like 200 or so bronze ???'s from there in storage) or Byakko and just stock pile gold until I get to Gedoumaru?
IGN: Kennedy
OminousClouds

Postby Lifariz » 11 Jul 2014, 03:25

OminousClouds wrote:So I've just been truckin along with my +40 lvl 7 kikuichimonji (the gold katana) and a +30 onigiri. I'm lvl 19 now and wondering when I should upgrade to something of a higher level. Exp is pretty fast at Byakko at least for now. It says to wait till Gedoumaru to farm for equips. So should I not enhance anything from the Tiamat dungeon or Byakko and just stock pile gold until I get to Gedoumaru?

Eh, uhh yea sure. I went to Kyoto at lvl18 with just a +40 Oninodachi. Right now I'm in kaga grinding with just a lvl23 Wind Tachi.
IGN: Lifariz
Weapon Class: Odachi, Buffing Staff

Please, when you enter Kaga onwards, at least be able to cast invig IV/V/VI when you decide to leech. Please and Thank you.
Lifariz

Postby cardragoon » 11 Jul 2014, 07:48

Any tips on how to beat gedoumaru in hell using swords, axe, odachis. Trying everything but I can't seem to dodge his attacks more than 90% of the times and it really hurts x.x
cardragoon

Postby Naku » 11 Jul 2014, 08:00

cardragoon wrote:Any tips on how to beat gedoumaru in hell using swords, axe, odachis. Trying everything but I can't seem to dodge his attacks more than 90% of the times and it really hurts x.x

let'see how about attack 1 hit ->dodge->combo when he bite or anything->repeat
if that's not good enough run around till all the monster follows you,AoE/nuke attack,repeat
Naku

Postby cardragoon » 11 Jul 2014, 08:13

Naku wrote:let'see how about attack 1 hit ->dodge->combo when he bite or anything->repeat
if that's not good enough run around till all the monster follows you,AoE/nuke attack,repeat

I've tried dodging yes but he still manages to hit me more than 90% of the time (like by his bite when side ways, and his tongue attack when backwards) and nuking helps clear the mobs but gives him enough time to do an attack. I've also tried using lunge step and dancer strike but the mobs mostly absorb the damage for him.

Clearly I suck against this guy x.x I can't find a blind spot to attack unlike most other bosses
cardragoon

Postby SupremeTentacle » 11 Jul 2014, 09:29

OminousClouds wrote:So I've just been truckin along with my +40 lvl 7 kikuichimonji (the gold katana) and a +30 onigiri. I'm lvl 19 now and wondering when I should upgrade to something of a higher level. Exp is pretty fast at Byakko at least for now. It says to wait till Gedoumaru to farm for equips. So should I not enhance anything from the Tiamat dungeon (I have like 200 or so bronze ???'s from there in storage) or Byakko and just stock pile gold until I get to Gedoumaru?

I would personally say, upgrade gear as you go along.

If you find something nice from tiamat, upgrade that.

If you find something nice from byakkou, upgrade that. The reason that it specifically says gear farm next to gedoumaru is because its absolutely necessary for you up gear around that level, so you can carry yourself through yakumo with relative ease.

cardragoon wrote:
Naku wrote:let'see how about attack 1 hit ->dodge->combo when he bite or anything->repeat

I've tried dodging yes but he still manages to hit me more than 90% of the time (like by his bite when side ways, and his tongue attack when backwards) and nuking helps clear the mobs but gives him enough time to do an attack. I've also tried using lunge step and dancer strike but the mobs mostly absorb the damage for him.

Clearly I suck against this guy x.x I can't find a blind spot to attack unlike most other bosses

Try to guard his attack, and counter once you have done so successfully. Also, try to drag him to one side of the map at the start, and 1v1 him there so that the mobs will not be meat shields.
Selling all of my gear for ~40% of its market value!
~4 lv. 108 to 115 weapons remaining
Some skill card 7's, ougi, orna'd maga and other stuff too!
SupremeTentacle

Postby cardragoon » 11 Jul 2014, 20:58

Guard seems to lessen the attack most of the times but I'll still need to figure out ways to sneak in a hit in between them. Thank you to everyone who helped

Edit: I found a way i can beat him lol. Just let my npc partner do it while i run away ._.
cardragoon

Postby Jaku » 14 Jul 2014, 14:51

Hey you have any ideas how to improve my damage ?

My Equip : Image
Jaku

Postby SupremeTentacle » 14 Jul 2014, 15:28

Based on your bonus and total status amounts, I'd guestimate that you're just shy of level 37ish?

So here are the problems with your build and equip.

1. No skill force.
2. Too much power.
3. Too much vit (I know you probably chose the power character type based on the base number, and it doesn't seem like you ever added a point, but if you intend to maximize your damage, the daring character type would have been much better).

Plus your weapon a little bit more if you feel like you have the liberty to do so.

Try your best to get some bow skill force maga, or maga with higher flat damage bonuses. I mean, you could try and get a few copies of that +500 attack, -20% hp cause you'd die in like 1 hit anyways... Up to you, depending whether you're fine with the risk.
Selling all of my gear for ~40% of its market value!
~4 lv. 108 to 115 weapons remaining
Some skill card 7's, ougi, orna'd maga and other stuff too!
SupremeTentacle

PreviousNext

Return to Guides & Strategy