[Bow] Siennan's DPS Guide

Post helpful information for other players here.

Re: [Bow] Siennan's DPS Guide

Postby Jaku » 12 Jul 2014, 17:16

So you would say that it's more important to get skills at lvl 5 then changing? And what if I do durabilty and Skill change good or just expensive waste?
Jaku

Postby Otonashi » 12 Jul 2014, 17:46

Jaku wrote:So you would say that it's more important to get skills at lvl 5 then changing? And what if I do durabilty and Skill change good or just expensive waste?

Durability is almost always a waste, while Skill Change is primarily there for weapons with 3 rank 7 skills through skill cards since they can (I believe) roll a skill at rank 8 if the original skill was rank 7.

And always get a good base weapon with good base skills before you actually smelt it, starting from once you reach Kyoto since most people start grinding there.
  僕    甘    真    柔
  ら       い    っ       わ
  は   絶     白    ら
  い    望     い     か
  る     の   ︑      い
︒     中                     ︑
                   に
                  ︑
Otonashi

Postby Jaku » 12 Jul 2014, 18:22

Thank you very much ! :) Gonna try it now
Jaku

Postby ekrezem » 12 Jul 2014, 20:52

Does it matter whether I choose Eastern army of Western army in Sekigahara? Just in case there's some limited magas for Bows.. o_o
I do heard one of them drops spear magas there, but what exactly does either side benefits to?
ekrezem

Postby Otonashi » 12 Jul 2014, 21:01

ekrezem wrote:Does it matter whether I choose Eastern army of Western army in Sekigahara? Just in case there's some limited magas for Bows.. o_o
I do heard one of them drops spear magas there, but what exactly does either side benefits to?

As far as I know, the only difference in drops is that you get the requirement for a Spear Title (Mitsunari Monster Card). I don't think there are map specific Magatama except maybe one quest that gives you a Hawkeye Magatama for a Large Skull if you chose Western army. Eastern is easier to do.
  僕    甘    真    柔
  ら       い    っ       わ
  は   絶     白    ら
  い    望     い     か
  る     の   ︑      い
                   に
                  ︑
Otonashi

Postby Delacroix » 13 Jul 2014, 00:51

Hi, I've pumped up my dex to 75 and now have reserved points left. Like you said, I'd like to put them in mind. However, few 70+ archers I've talked with in game suggested me against it that there'd be no point. I'm still split up on this, Isn't pumping mind up to 35 a bit overkill?
Delacroix

Postby Otonashi » 13 Jul 2014, 01:11

Delacroix wrote:Hi, I've pumped up my dex to 75 and now have reserved points left. Like you said, I'd like to put them in mind. However, few 70+ archers I've talked with in game suggested me against it that there'd be no point. I'm still split up on this, Isn't pumping mind up to 35 a bit overkill?

I only have 22 base mind. It's up to you to decide whether it's pointless, since the mnd allows you to cast stuff like Rapid Storm. If you don't need to cast those staff skills you can debate between Wis and Mnd since Wis gives slightly less max SP but some crit chance (the extra SP recovery seems quite redundant), or Dex if you don't need SP at all. Vit is quite pointless since you don't want to get hit anyway, and Pow's Affinity isn't required in this level cap.
  僕    甘    真    柔
  ら       い    っ       わ
  は   絶     白    ら
  い    望     い     か
  る     の   ︑      い
                   に
                  ︑
Otonashi

Postby Delacroix » 13 Jul 2014, 02:11

Otonashi wrote:
Delacroix wrote:Hi, I've pumped up my dex to 75 and now have reserved points left. Like you said, I'd like to put them in mind. However, few 70+ archers I've talked with in game suggested me against it that there'd be no point. I'm still split up on this, Isn't pumping mind up to 35 a bit overkill?

I only have 22 base mind. It's up to you to decide whether it's pointless, since the mnd allows you to cast stuff like Rapid Storm. If you don't need to cast those staff skills you can debate between Wis and Mnd since Wis gives slightly less max SP but some crit chance (the extra SP recovery seems quite redundant), or Dex if you don't need SP at all. Vit is quite pointless since you don't want to get hit anyway, and Pow's Affinity isn't required in this level cap.

And are you able to cast some respectable damage with Rapid Storm etc with 22 base mind?
Delacroix

Postby Otonashi » 13 Jul 2014, 02:22

Delacroix wrote:
Otonashi wrote:

And are you able to cast some respectable damage with Rapid Storm etc with 22 base mind?

Rapid Storm = AoE Idaten's Grace, basically you get Moon King that doesn't need refilling. I don't have it with me but you only need 40 Mnd to cast it successfully all the time. I'm going to get more Mnd once I get it but not right now.
  僕    甘    真    柔
  ら       い    っ       わ
  は   絶     白    ら
  い    望     い     か
  る     の   ︑      い
                   に
                  ︑
Otonashi

Postby Fenris » 13 Jul 2014, 04:18

just wondering if Dousetsu Magatama is still considered cheap by you because its around 50 chakra now. im not sure if it was cheaper during cbt.
Fenris

PreviousNext

Return to Guides & Strategy