[Bow] Siennan's DPS Guide

Post helpful information for other players here.

Re: [Bow] Siennan's DPS Guide

Postby Otonashi » 27 Jul 2014, 23:42

KazeShizuka wrote:Ok I have a question. We know that upgrading gold bows is a lot more costly than upgrading white bows, but does upgrading gold bows give extra improvements like increased skill damage output that upgrading white bows do not give? Assuming that standard improvements e.g skill force bonus when you smelt the bow applies?
Apart from the difference in the attack given from enhancements, gold and white weapons are identical. Until higher levels the amount is negligible since it's insignificant relative to the attack that comes from Affinity.
  僕    甘    真    柔
  ら       い    っ       わ
  は   絶     白    ら
  い    望     い     か
  る     の   ︑      い
︒     中                     ︑
                   に
                  ︑
Otonashi

Postby KazeShizuka » 28 Jul 2014, 01:47

Oh I see thanks for that. One more question though, approximately speaking, what is the max total dex I should have in order to hit 3k bow affinity, if I don't use any affinity magas? And how does elemental bonuses come into play when we talk about the calculation of skill damage outputs?
KazeShizuka

Postby Otonashi » 28 Jul 2014, 03:26

Refer to here for base affinity and here for damage calculation.

The Affinity graph is actually quite a bit off, as I have 2955 Affinity with 121 Dex. 28 Pow and the 20% Affinity title, but it should give a good enough estimate for the amount of dex required. The amount of dex required for 3000 Affinity shouldn't be more than 5 Dex more than what the graph shows to be 3000 Affinity.
  僕    甘    真    柔
  ら       い    っ       わ
  は   絶     白    ら
  い    望     い     か
  る     の   ︑      い
                   に
                  ︑
Otonashi

Postby Arsenalian9x » 29 Jul 2014, 02:27

hi otonashi, thanks for the constant updates :D,

Would you mind to discuss with me about the "preferable" stats for being an archer? Personally, i have been put my points to DEX and VIT. The purpose is that i want to become a bit tanky DPS dealer. After reading your post, i saw that you put your points in DEX WIS and MND. Which is the best way to do? since i just got my stat reset and i want to do the best thing for my character. :D
Arsenalian9x

Postby Otonashi » 29 Jul 2014, 07:02

Arsenalian9x wrote:hi otonashi, thanks for the constant updates :D,

Would you mind to discuss with me about the "preferable" stats for being an archer? Personally, i have been put my points to DEX and VIT. The purpose is that i want to become a bit tanky DPS dealer. After reading your post, i saw that you put your points in DEX WIS and MND. Which is the best way to do? since i just got my stat reset and i want to do the best thing for my character. :D
Honestly it doesn't matter what you add after max Affinity, since past that point it's just fine tuning. I have my reasons for Wis and Mnd in the guide, but if you think Vit is worth investing in, then by all means do so.
  僕    甘    真    柔
  ら       い    っ       わ
  は   絶     白    ら
  い    望     い     か
  る     の   ︑      い
                   に
                  ︑
Otonashi

Postby Firon » 30 Jul 2014, 00:29

Just a suggestion for the useful bow magatama list: Serpent's magatama (bow cool down reduction +16)
because increasing your skill rate will increase your dps, right? My AoE sucks when I'm underlvling so I usually just spam rapid and this helps a lot with the clear time. Also, chidori+high smelted bow (for cool down)+serpent's magatama=non-stop rapid shot. (dex char btw so cool down from that too). At the moment, I have no pineapples or bananas so don't know how 3 pineapples and 1 serpent's maga would compete with 4 pineapples. Depends on the lvl of enemies I guess and if you can ohko them with or without.

-Just in case- I got the magatama once from Inaki Woods hard, solo, in Sekigahara
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Postby Otonashi » 30 Jul 2014, 00:34

Firon wrote:Just a suggestion for the useful bow magatama list: Serpent's magatama (bow cool down reduction +16)
because increasing your skill rate will increase your dps, right? My AoE sucks when I'm underlvling so I usually just spam rapid and this helps a lot with the clear time. Also, chidori+high smelted bow (for cool down)+serpent's magatama=non-stop rapid shot. (dex char btw so cool down from that too). At the moment, I have no pineapples or bananas so don't know how 3 pineapples and 1 serpent's maga would compete with 4 pineapples. Depends on the lvl of enemies I guess and if you can ohko them with or without.

-Just in case- I got the magatama once from Inaki Woods hard, solo, in Sekigahara

I already can use rapid shot non-stop even without Serpent's Magatama,
In addition, I feel that rotating bows with Peacock is sufficient in terms of AoE. The one scenario I can think of where Serpent may be useful is while using Icicle Arrow, but since that's unexplored territory at the moment I'll exclude it.
  僕    甘    真    柔
  ら       い    っ       わ
  は   絶     白    ら
  い    望     い     か
  る     の   ︑      い
                   に
                  ︑
Otonashi

Postby Firon » 30 Jul 2014, 00:56

Ok, was just a suggestion. What does triple rapid do btw, shorter cool down? (it's not on the wiki)
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Postby Otonashi » 30 Jul 2014, 01:02

Firon wrote:Ok, was just a suggestion. What does triple rapid do btw, shorter cool down? (it's not on the wiki)

I meant three rapid shots on one bow.
  僕    甘    真    柔
  ら       い    っ       わ
  は   絶     白    ら
  い    望     い     か
  る     の   ︑      い
                   に
                  ︑
Otonashi

Postby Skyonline2 » 31 Jul 2014, 22:25

I have question. I see your char in first page that u use Hida Magatama and have 34 Wis stat. Hida only work if Wis 40 or more so does it count on base stat or all of Wis stat you have ?
Skyonline2

PreviousNext

Return to Guides & Strategy