[Guide] Skills

Post helpful information for other players here.

Re: [Guide] Skills

Postby Tihealy » 31 Jul 2014, 17:44

So example

Is it possible like for a Rapid Shot V to be single-layed on a bow, but on another bow, it can be double-layed?

i never understood that part, and it's really confuing, even if the OP (Original Poster) exaplined it

so to find if a wepon can evolve or be extracted. .. you gotta level it to the max???? (waste of time ...)

,.. someone (Otanashi,sorry if mispelled) should do a deep guide, because there is still confusion about this
Tihealy

Postby SeekerFate » 31 Jul 2014, 17:54

Basically, it's a random chance that the weapon has a skill that has the multi-layer indicator.

Yes, one bow can have single-layered Rapid Shot V, a different bow (of the same type, say they were both Gare) could have the same Rapid Shot V but this one has 2+ layers.

To check if the weapon can evolve the skills all you need to do is find the weapon in the skill evolution screen and look at the skills for the 2+ layers. (You don't have to level the weapon at all, even if your skills, which are seperate, aren't leveled you can still check if the weapon can evolve the skill)
Chocolate~
This game trolls me.
Entire character nupped lvl 34 EnAlpha
Blind at Sekigahara 'cept fer sky in JpCBT ~lvl 32ish?
En: SeekerFate - lvl 89 SeekerDissonance - lvl 61 -> 81
Can't believe I'm back, for now.
SeekerFate

Postby Tihealy » 01 Aug 2014, 14:03

SeekerFate wrote:Basically, it's a random chance that the weapon has a skill that has the multi-layer indicator.

Yes, one bow can have single-layered Rapid Shot V, a different bow (of the same type, say they were both Gare) could have the same Rapid Shot V but this one has 2+ layers.

To check if the weapon can evolve the skills all you need to do is find the weapon in the skill evolution screen and look at the skills for the 2+ layers. (You don't have to level the weapon at all, even if your skills, which are seperate, aren't leveled you can still check if the weapon can evolve the skill)

So basically, you are telling me, that i got to pick up every bow that i have, and signely check them to momotarou if they have a double-triple layer ? oh boy.. THE JOY ..

but do both gain the same exp since it's the same spell ? ... SSO CONFUSING
Last edited by Tihealy on 01 Aug 2014, 15:43, edited 1 time in total.
Tihealy

Postby SeekerFate » 01 Aug 2014, 15:44

Yup, gotta manually check each weapon to see if they can evolve the skill you want. (The joy is strong in this one)

Yeah weapons sharing the same skill rank will automatically have the same level.

For example if both Gare in my previous example had Rapid Shot V and say the skill was level 10, then both weapons would share that same level 10 Rapid Shot V. Say I use Gare A rapid shot and got the skill to level 11 then Gare B would also benefit from that level 11 Rapid Shot V and vice-versa.
Chocolate~
This game trolls me.
SeekerFate

Postby Tihealy » 01 Aug 2014, 15:45

SeekerFate wrote:Yup, gotta manually check each weapon to see if they can evolve the skill you want. (The joy is strong in this one)

Yeah weapons sharing the same skill rank will automatically have the same level.

For example if both Gare in my previous example had Rapid Shot V and say the skill was level 10, then both weapons would share that same level 10 Rapid Shot V. Say I use Gare A rapid shot and got the skill to level 11 then Gare B would also benefit from that level 11 Rapid Shot V and vice-versa.

at the least, it's not COMPLETLY wasted ... wonderful

thanks for the clarification :D
Tihealy

Postby NinjaMH » 01 Aug 2014, 17:07

SeekerFate wrote:Yup, gotta manually check each weapon to see if they can evolve the skill you want. (The joy is strong in this one)

I bolded what I'm commenting on. Either this is a bug or intended, I have no clue. The Twin Blade Slash - III at level 20 was a double border that I acquired. While another Twin Sword in my possession was already at 30 before acquiring the Twin Sword with that double border starting at level 1. And you can see 2 Twin Blade Slash II and IV as well those are also double borders.
TwinSwordSkills.jpg
TwinSwordSkills.jpg (39.56 KiB) Viewed 14716 times
NinjaMH

Postby SeekerFate » 01 Aug 2014, 17:26

I think it may be a bug because generally after evolving a skill it should synchronize with the skill level of the next rank.
Chocolate~
This game trolls me.
SeekerFate

Postby Firon » 03 Aug 2014, 05:44

Can I ask something just to clarify? What are the ways of getting rank VII skills? I've been getting conflicting info

my understanding is you can get them from:
1. evolving skills with Momo
2. Skill change in smelting (if you're lucky and the rank goes up)
3. Skill cards (from lucky boxes? Only ever gotten IV, do you buy them?)
4. Id'ing a wep with Shizuka

is this right?
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Postby SeekerFate » 03 Aug 2014, 10:35

1) Eventually you will be able to evolve skills with Momo to higher ranks, but as of right now he's currently locked to evolving to rank 6 skills.

2) Unfortunately, skill change is locked to rank 5.

3) Lucky boxes will only give rank 4 skills, but skills cards from rolling the gacha($$$ all day) will give you up to rank 7.

4) Yes it's possible to get rank 7 skills from Id'ing weapons with Shizuka, but it's extremely rare until we can get a higher friendship/identification level with her.
Chocolate~
This game trolls me.
SeekerFate

Postby Firon » 05 Aug 2014, 00:17

Thx for answering my question :)

Wasn't sure where i should put this so decided here :P
I found a great spot where the respawn rate is really fast (http://i.imgur.com/ttdUheL.jpg) for the shoe monsters (can't remember the name). I have 2 kanmon (ryou), a serpent's magatama (cool down) and dog's (cool down) and can pretty much continuously fire icicle shot on respawn (also can stock up on 99 ayame etc.). This is for skill leveling, not ryou (just in case). Wondering if there's anywhere else this happens...
enjoy

-just found another spot in echigo highway. Might not be as uncommon as I thought :?
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

PreviousNext

Return to Guides & Strategy