[MiniGuide]Weapons, Smelting, and Skill Management

Post helpful information for other players here.

[MiniGuide]Weapons, Smelting, and Skill Management

Postby Blanc » 09 Jul 2014, 07:17

I'll jump straight in.

Weapons: What, Why
    What
    -Weapons come in five rarities. Gold, Red, Blue, White, Shit.
    -Try to work with weapons that are of the White rarity.

Why
    -You will be replacing them soon, and the damage difference between a gold and white ranked weapon is not much. A higher level white weapon probably has more damage than a gold weapon of a lower level too.
    -It is a lot cheaper to smelt white weapons compared to gold weapons.

Smelting: How, What, Why
    How
    -Grab your weapon, enhance it to the max, then smelt it with another weapon of the same name. But you already know this.

What
    -There is no hard restriction, but try to work with white ranked weapons. As stated above, these are a lot more cheaper to smelt than weapons of other rarity.

Why
    -Cheap
    -You can use the other smelting options, as those are cheap as well. Grade +6, Skill Evolution, etc, are all dirt cheap compared to weapons of other ranks.
    -You can get high leveled skills cheaply.
    -Cheaper to identify Bronze and Silver grade unidentified weapons.

Skill Management: Why, How
    Why
    -Skills make the weapon. It doesn't matter if the weapon has less attack if it has a really good skill compared to the other weapon. I'm sure many of you have experienced this already.

How
    -Find a weapon with a good skill or two that are of a decent Rank, eg III and above. The weapon is preferred to be white ranked.
    -Smelt it, using Skill Evolution every time. By the time it is +60-ish, if the other skills don't suck, you should have a pretty powerful (and cheap) white ranked weapon for use, that outclasses other weapons that had the same amount of money invested into it.

Hope this helps anyone who's struggling with money issues out there. Feel free to point out errors and ask questions.
Dummy's Guide to a Spear here.
Dummy's Guide to smelting and not running out of money while getting high ranked skills on your weapon here.
Blanc

Re: [MiniGuide]Weapons, Smelting, and Skill Management

Postby Trinityking » 09 Jul 2014, 09:40

Sry, im a noob here, only playing this game first time a couple of days ago.

So how can you tell if the weapon gold, red, blue, white, or this apparent shit? Please explain this to me and all of this will make sense to me :D
Trinityking

Postby puny » 09 Jul 2014, 10:09

Trinityking wrote:Sry, im a noob here, only playing this game first time a couple of days ago.

So how can you tell if the weapon gold, red, blue, white, or this apparent shit? Please explain this to me and all of this will make sense to me :D

This is what I think... :o

Do you see the icon of the weapon?
(borrowing a picture from the wiki)

Yes that little square icon of the sword there, when you view that icon, if it contains a
    gold... hexagon thingy: gold weapon
    red star: a red weapon
    light blue... shuriken thingy: blue weapon
    nothing on it: white weapon
    nothing on it AND has low durability (like below 100) etc (those with red text on it... sorry I was not in game when I was typing this): apparent shit
puny

Postby MAGllKARP » 09 Jul 2014, 12:25

So is gold higher than red or is red higher than gold?
MAGllKARP

Postby SeekerFate » 09 Jul 2014, 12:31

Gold is higher than red. order goes; crap, rarity 2 (normal white), rarity 3 (blues), rarity 4 (reds), rarity 5 (golds)
Chocolate~
This game trolls me.
Entire character nupped lvl 34 EnAlpha
Blind at Sekigahara 'cept fer sky in JpCBT ~lvl 32ish?
En: SeekerFate - lvl 89 SeekerDissonance - lvl 61 -> 81
Can't believe I'm back, for now.
SeekerFate

Postby Trinityking » 09 Jul 2014, 14:09

OH THOSE THINGS! XD I finally know what they are now, thank god. Thanks man for clarifying that. Ok so now i know what to do. Focus on the white equips and profit xD
Trinityking

Postby OPPAI » 16 Jul 2014, 02:15

-Skills make the weapon. It doesn't matter if the weapon has less attack if it has a really good skill compared to the other weapon. I'm sure many of you have experienced this already.

How about if the difference in attack is about 130? Is that a lot?
OPPAI

Postby Ryuverlorene » 16 Jul 2014, 03:35

OPPAI wrote:

How about if the difference in attack is about 130? Is that a lot?

I would say not a lot, I still have a ~360 atk weapon (of course as one of my side-weapons) with a IV skill, I have lots of weapons around ~550 mark, I recently tried to use one of said weapon with rank III skill.... I went back to the one with rank IV skill. With that said, that also depends on how powerful said skills are, you might want to test it out yourself, since the skills I were using changed drastically between rank III and IV.
Ryuverlorene

Postby OPPAI » 16 Jul 2014, 07:24

Ryuverlorene wrote:I would say not a lot, I still have a ~360 atk weapon (of course as one of my side-weapons) with a IV skill, I have lots of weapons around ~550 mark, I recently tried to use one of said weapon with rank III skill.... I went back to the one with rank IV skill. With that said, that also depends on how powerful said skills are, you might want to test it out yourself, since the skills I were using changed drastically between rank III and IV.

I'm actually deciding whether I should start enchancing my 1100+ atk axe or 1000+ atk axe though... So I just can't go enchancing both to test it out.
What I'm curious about is, if I were to use the same skill in both axes, let's say "something VII", and both axes has a 100+ difference in atk, would the dmg output be a lot different?
OPPAI

Postby Otonashi » 16 Jul 2014, 07:44

The 1100 will probably do 10% more than the 1000 if there are no other variables. Though, if the 1000 is of higher rarity it might gain more attack through enhancement so keep that in mind.
  僕    甘    真    柔
  ら       い    っ       わ
  は   絶     白    ら
  い    望     い     か
  る     の   ︑      い
︒     中                     ︑
                   に
                  ︑
Otonashi

Next

Return to Guides & Strategy