[Momotarou] - Skill Extraction

Post helpful information for other players here.

[Momotarou] - Skill Extraction

Postby Akuii » 14 Jul 2014, 20:43

I've been doing some testing with skill extractions and here are the results.
Note: I've only been testing with support skills as they are easy to level in town.

You will be able to extract higher ranked skills as your friendship with Momotarou increases.

Rank 1 skill extractions: 50,000 extraction fee
- Level 10 skill requirement

Rank 2 skill extractions: 100,000 extraction fee
- Level 15 skill requirement

Rank 3 skill extractions: 200,000 extraction fee
- Level 20 skill requirement
- Need level 14 Momotarou

Rank 4 skill extractions: 300,000 extraction fee
- Level 25 skill requirement
- Need level 17 Momotarou

Rank 5 skill extractions: 500,000 extraction fee
- Level 30 skill requirement

Rank 6 skill extractions: 1,000,000 extraction fee
- // will update

Rank 7 skill extractions: 2,000,000 extraction fee
- // will update

Skill level after extraction: Current_skill_level - extraction_level_requirement + 1

After extracting, you will receive a skill card that works the same as skills cards you get from Lucky Boxes.

Any addition information regarding skill extraction is welcome. If I have any misleading information, please let me know and I will edit.
Last edited by Akuii on 30 Aug 2014, 16:06, edited 1 time in total.
ign: Akuii
US, Central Time(UTC -06)
Akuii

Re: [Momotarou] - Skill Extraction

Postby PoorBowman » 29 Aug 2014, 14:43

I'm a little bit fuzzy about the skill extraction.

So in short, you extract the skill when the skill level is max, yes?
Do you need the weapon to extract the skill, or the option to extract them still exist even though you have change/sold your weapon?

Because I have a spear with a max level skill of Water Dragon Spear, which I added on the weapon using skill card.
But the option to extract that particular skill didn't appear with momotarou.

Does it because extracting through the skill card doesn't count? But the level is maxed though, even if I farm for a spear with existing Water Dragon Spear...

:oops:
Onigiri Online : Bowman - in hiatus
Phantasy Star Online 2 : Ranger - Franka's Order
PoorBowman

Postby Argentum » 29 Aug 2014, 17:22

rank 5 extraction is 31 iirc (could be 30 but i think i always needed 31)

a skill does not need to be maxed out to be extractable, it only needs a specific level first, so if you wish to produce skillcards of a specific skill, it is wise to extract it as soon as you can because getting ealier levels back is alot easier.
Argentum

Postby Akuii » 30 Aug 2014, 16:10

PoorBowman wrote:I'm a little bit fuzzy about the skill extraction.

So in short, you extract the skill when the skill level is max, yes?
Do you need the weapon to extract the skill, or the option to extract them still exist even though you have change/sold your weapon?

Because I have a spear with a max level skill of Water Dragon Spear, which I added on the weapon using skill card.
But the option to extract that particular skill didn't appear with momotarou.

Does it because extracting through the skill card doesn't count? But the level is maxed though, even if I farm for a spear with existing Water Dragon Spear...

:oops:

You do not need to max out a skill before being able to extract it.
I have listed the required level of the skill that you need in order to extract.

What rank is your WDS? As of right now, we are only able to extract skills up to rank 5.
You can check the extraction level cap in Momotarou's Partner page, Extracting Essentials.
ign: Akuii
US, Central Time(UTC -06)
Akuii

Postby Tachi » 13 Dec 2015, 08:53

guys my momo is lvl 17 and my water dragon rank V is level 34, do I need to level momo more?
Tachi

Postby Firon » 13 Dec 2015, 10:33

Tachi wrote:guys my momo is lvl 17 and my water dragon rank V is level 34, do I need to level momo more?

Simply put, yes.
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Postby Screw The Moose » 13 Dec 2015, 15:33

http://onigiri.wikia.com/wiki/Skills
Check the bottom of the page
IGN: Khaos Muffins Lv 107 Spear
--------
Yoshitsune gave me a shitty OOD CROSS /.-
Want to learn Japanese? Go take a class, not Google Traslate or Rosetta Stone
Screw The Moose

Postby SawakoKurouma » 30 Aug 2016, 21:11

So me and my daughter started playing this game on the ps4 and we are both over lvl 45 and I Momotaru is set to "I'll remember your face" So I lvled up my friendship with him pretty good and for some reason I can't use his Skill evolution. I mean I have tons of weapons grades ranging from 3 to 36 etc. But everytime I go talk to him to see if any would pop up to use in the skill evolution it is empty. What do I do?
SawakoKurouma

Postby Heimarmene » 31 Aug 2016, 06:39

SawakoKurouma wrote:So me and my daughter started playing this game on the ps4 and we are both over lvl 45 and I Momotaru is set to "I'll remember your face" So I lvled up my friendship with him pretty good and for some reason I can't use his Skill evolution. I mean I have tons of weapons grades ranging from 3 to 36 etc. But everytime I go talk to him to see if any would pop up to use in the skill evolution it is empty. What do I do?

Skill evolution isn't quite the same as skill extraction since there's a few requirements before you can evolve a skill

1) the weapon has to have a skill that is listed as evolvable (if you check each weapon with momo's evolve menu you can see if there are extra flame symbol things on the skills, if there are it's evolvable)
2) the skill you're trying to evolve has to be at max level (ie: evolving fireball II -> fireball III means your fireball II needs to be at rank 20. Evolving dark pillar IV -> dark pillar V means dark pillar IV needs to be rank 40)

If you're asking why you can't see anything in the skill evolution menu, I think you need to select which weapon first from the top of the menu (or was that skill extraction, I can't remember off the top of my head right now)
Heimarmene

Return to Guides & Strategy