[WIP]Mariah's Guide to becoming a Magical girl (or guy)

Post helpful information for other players here.

Re: [WIP]Mariah's Guide to becoming a Magical girl (or guy)

Postby Sunnova » 18 Jul 2014, 21:11

Takurannyan wrote:Any comment on Aqua Geyser?

It work the exact same way as Holy Pillar and Darkness Pillar. It's not bad, but it is neither good until you upgrade it to at least Rank 5+ (because of its initial small AOE). However I've never seen someone use a Pillar rank 5+ ever so I'm not sure if it is good compared to Earth and Ice Glaive.
Mariah Lune - lvl 63 wand/staff

Wand/Staff Guide - Released! being updated though...

Sunnova

Postby Takurannyan » 18 Jul 2014, 21:20

From what i seen on JP, it seems to be not important as Earth/ice glaive to have, but it seems easier to aim than Ice Glaive and has more "placing" range than Earth glaive, alas slow start up time. Not sure if the AoE is bigger after rank V+ though, i only happened to stumble on rank V
Takurannyan

Postby Otonashi » 18 Jul 2014, 21:36

Stuff like Spiral Wind and Aqua Geyser appear over or under the enemy for a moment before they actually start hitting, meaning if the enemy moves out of the way fast enough they won't get hit, whereas stuff like Earth and Frost Glaive, Call Lightning or Darkness Pillar hit a larger, fixed area, meaning you can cast it on a mob moving towards you and they will walk into it. There's actually a large difference when it comes to larger packs, where Glaives, Darkness Pillar and Call Lightning can kill the entire pack while others won't.
  僕    甘    真    柔
  ら       い    っ       わ
  は   絶     白    ら
  い    望     い     か
  る     の   ︑      い
︒     中                     ︑
                   に
                  ︑
Otonashi

Postby Takurannyan » 18 Jul 2014, 21:54

Yea that's what i meant by Aqua Geyser has slow start up time, i can see it is a problematic weakness indeed. Just trying to find a use for it since i kinda like how i can place it easier than others.

Does the AoE get bigger after rank V? For now it sure is small and easily miss
Takurannyan

Postby Sunnova » 19 Jul 2014, 08:54

Takurannyan wrote:Does the AoE get bigger after rank V? For now it sure is small and easily miss

I think it does. If Aqua Geyser works like Holy Pillar, it's radius should increase slightly when above rank V. I've only saw one other person who looked like they had Holy Pillar IV or V (that was back when I was grinding Byakkou). Their AOE was definitely bigger than a Holy Pillar III and below but it was only big enough when the enemies are tightly packed like those darumas in hell mode.

Sunnova

Postby Takurannyan » 19 Jul 2014, 09:26

i see, that's a pity. Ty for info
Takurannyan

Postby Lynneth » 19 Jul 2014, 12:33

Mine is lv.4 ( Aqua Geyser )

It's very good for slow-moving enemies. It connects multiple hits and with one cast I can hit multiple enemies at the same time.
The AOE is rather small and the timing is a bit tricky, since you have to cast it first before the enemies step on it (for fast moving enemies), just calculate it.

For fast-moving enemies, I recommend Call Lightning, Earth Glaive, and Pillar (Holy/Dark) for a bit of distance.

Anyway, is dry staff dropped from kinshiden or TRaining Grounds in Onigashima?
IGN : Lynneth (lv.92/Reraised as Zombies) - Looking for more exciting experience..Rather than being depressed, better just play! :D. Let's grind for teamwork.. or not? :P :). Looking for party to grind lv.90+ weapon. Whisp me IGN!-In hiatus for 2 days-
Lynneth

Postby Takurannyan » 19 Jul 2014, 21:10

I remember both, but Training Ground is easier.

Either way though, so like, Fireball/Flamestrike is also bossing skill for mage? Is there anything else as reliable? I seen people use Ice Glaive for bossing.
Takurannyan

Postby SeekerFate » 19 Jul 2014, 21:17

Ice glaive is probably hands down one of the best wand skills so it's a natural choice for bossing since it's the normal routine when they grind/aoe to begin with.
Chocolate~
This game trolls me.
Entire character nupped lvl 34 EnAlpha
Blind at Sekigahara 'cept fer sky in JpCBT ~lvl 32ish?
En: SeekerFate - lvl 89 SeekerDissonance - lvl 61 -> 81
Can't believe I'm back, for now.
SeekerFate

Postby Sunnova » 19 Jul 2014, 22:19

Ice glaive deals the most damage even for its high SP cost. Fireball/Fire strike does not deal as much damage per hit as Ice glaive, but it is a guarentee hit (if you are within range) and has a low SP cost already. Between those two spells, it is up to you and if you can land every Ice glaive on the boss. But there is an exception.

If the boss is large and not very mobile (nyaruko, centipede, others) then Ice glaive would deal more damage due to the three spikes hitting him, each doing damage independent of each other. However if the boss is very mobile (fly, werewolf, odin, etc), Fireball/Firestrike would be a much less frustrating choice.

Sunnova

PreviousNext

Return to Guides & Strategy