[WIP]Mariah's Guide to becoming a Magical girl (or guy)

Post helpful information for other players here.

Re: [WIP]Mariah's Guide to becoming a Magical girl (or guy)

Postby Takurannyan » 19 Jul 2014, 22:32

I suppose so

And Wand Ougi is any good?

Thanks for answering my questions so far, been pretty helpful to my Wand char adventure.
Takurannyan

Postby Sunnova » 19 Jul 2014, 22:39

Takurannyan wrote:I suppose so

Thanks for answering my questions so far, been pretty helpful to my Wand char adventure.

To be honest, I've never witnessed a wand Ougi until today. I saw Crimson Ray and maybe Dark Gate. What I can say about Crimson ray is that it's like a holy pillar but with a big radius and hits twice on the same spot. I have nothing to comment about Dark Gate.
Mariah Lune - lvl 63 wand/staff

Wand/Staff Guide - Released! being updated though...

Sunnova

Postby Lynneth » 20 Jul 2014, 09:42

Takurannyan wrote:Yea that's what i meant by Aqua Geyser has slow start up time, i can see it is a problematic weakness indeed. Just trying to find a use for it since i kinda like how i can place it easier than others.

Does the AoE get bigger after rank V? For now it sure is small and easily miss

I have rank V Aqua Geyser now, with added aspd, you can cast Aqua Geyser V faster, and the radius becomes bigger (a lot), and the SP cost too :shock: :o

The SP cost at my level is 200 SP now (lv.34)

---

Can Ougi (Ultimate Skills) for specific weapons be tradable with Onigiri Coins? I want to try Wand and Staff Ougis :o :shock:
IGN : Lynneth (lv.92/Reraised as Zombies) - Looking for more exciting experience..Rather than being depressed, better just play! :D. Let's grind for teamwork.. or not? :P :). Looking for party to grind lv.90+ weapon. Whisp me IGN!-In hiatus for 2 days-
Lynneth

Postby Leafay » 20 Jul 2014, 15:56

Awesome Topic!!

Your topic made me regret my first time perferences! :o See, I already have a sorted past here:

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3682

Is it too late to reorient myself into a MagicGirl and best how?? ;)
Leafay

Postby Sunnova » 20 Jul 2014, 18:39

Leafay wrote:Is it too late to reorient myself into a MagicGirl and best how?? ;)

If you want to become a magical girl, you would want to remake a new character instead of continuing with you current one. The points you put into other stats would come biting back at you in the later levels.

Once you make a new character, you only need to train Wisdom and Mind.
Mariah Lune - lvl 63 wand/staff

Wand/Staff Guide - Released! being updated though...

Sunnova

Postby Cheese » 20 Jul 2014, 22:23

Tho I agree on everything that you said about Kamaitachi, i really suggest to use it at higher levels. yes it is harder to hit because of the casting/projectile animation, i feel that it does boosts the coeff damage by a lot because of the bonus windblades (please correct me if im wrong). III and IV got 2 windblades and V got 3.
it also have the least SP cost of all the single target bursts wand have. i myself tend to also use this much often than its fire counterpart because it almost always is useable and is somewhat synced to my sp regen along with the sp redux you get from wis.
Cheese

Postby Lynneth » 21 Jul 2014, 00:46

Cheese wrote:Tho I agree on everything that you said about Kamaitachi, i really suggest to use it at higher levels. yes it is harder to hit because of the casting/projectile animation, i feel that it does boosts the coeff damage by a lot because of the bonus windblades (please correct me if im wrong). III and IV got 2 windblades and V got 3.
it also have the least SP cost of all the single target bursts wand have. i myself tend to also use this much often than its fire counterpart because it almost always is useable and is somewhat synced to my sp regen along with the sp redux you get from wis.

Kamaitachi :

Pros :
-> Lower SP usage ( compared to their counterpart i.e. : Fireball, Iceshot, Electric Shock, Bubble Strike )
-> Multi hits for higher level of Kamaitachis
-> Add in the Liquor Wind Magic Up from Ibaraki Douji to boost damage
-> Lagging the enemy movement for a bit if they got multiple hits.

Cons :
-> Rather slow casting animation (a bit cluncky)
-> Lower damage (compared to fireball/fire element, less magatama to support the additional damage).
-> Less Homing Properties for fast-moving enemies, sometimes you may miss Kamaitachi if the enemies closing in on you from your sides/back

===
My favourite is still Fireball, Iceshot and Electric Shock(single target) and Flamestrike(AOE)
Pros :
-> Very Great Homing Properties ( Once you lock-on your enemies and cast it, your enemies will get hit, no matter it moves to your back, except if the enemies are outside of your range )
-> The spell still connects even if you get hit ( as long as you have begun the movement animation )
IGN : Lynneth (lv.92/Reraised as Zombies) - Looking for more exciting experience..Rather than being depressed, better just play! :D. Let's grind for teamwork.. or not? :P :). Looking for party to grind lv.90+ weapon. Whisp me IGN!-In hiatus for 2 days-
Lynneth

Postby Lynneth » 21 Jul 2014, 00:52

Takurannyan wrote:I suppose so

Anway, yesterday I saw Dark Gate (Ougi for wand) and it's quite useful. ( the AOE is large ). Unfortunately, the character that casted it lack of WIS.. since the damage is very small, or too low-level to face the monster.

You will need a lot of WIS points to maximize it.
Lynneth

Postby Takurannyan » 22 Jul 2014, 04:30

I personally tried it, well, it's not good for being an Ougi (Dark Gate).

The dmg is small, and the gate is opened randomly around the target , make it very hard to get all the hit in unless it's something like Ahriman or Chief Daruma. Even then, it's better to just throw Frost Glaive at those.
Takurannyan

Postby Lynneth » 22 Jul 2014, 08:57

Takurannyan wrote:I personally tried it, well, it's not good for being an Ougi (Dark Gate).

The dmg is small, and the gate is opened randomly around the target , make it very hard to get all the hit in unless it's something like Ahriman or Chief Daruma. Even then, it's better to just throw Frost Glaive at those.

I saw someone cast Fuujin and Raiijin, they both serve as one of the best Ougi for Wand User I think, besides Dark Gate and Crimson Ray.

Fuujin cover all the AOE and Raijin stuns and cover all the area it is being casted on.
Lynneth

PreviousNext

Return to Guides & Strategy