[WIP]Mariah's Guide to becoming a Magical girl (or guy)

Post helpful information for other players here.

Re: [WIP]Mariah's Guide to becoming a Magical girl (or guy)

Postby Lynneth » 26 Jul 2014, 08:40

Takurannyan wrote:Despite of how much Mage is often called late bloomer, i only have problem with it till level 20, and then no more. Can't blame newbie for being surprise at how harsh it is at low level, but feel like the issue was made bigger than it actually is.

And keep comparing mage to spear is like, not really a fair move, spear makes a lot of things look bad. It's not that those are bad, spear just has the easy modo in it.

On the other note, after using Dark Gate for a while, i found some usage for it which is actually quite ok if you math the distance right before casting. Sometimes still got left hanged by the weakness it has that is similar to poison cloud - aka - if the mob enter the area after the black hole has appeared , they won't get hit at all.

Yes, if you play mage, you need to calculate and adapt. It's not easy mode at all. I recommend mage playstyle to advanced/strong-hearted people (which is quite rare). And I intend to challenge some hard bosses solo mode :p

Actually, after playing as spear(wo)man, I'm totally convinced, it's very easy :D, as long as you have support (either unlimited pots or SP/HP/Speed Up robot) you won't be dead.

WDS -> Pot -> WDS -> Pot -> Ice Blossom -> Pot -> WDS, just rinse and repeat.

Or without skills, then just hit hit hit -> mobs got back, hit hit hit, mobs dead.
IGN : Lynneth (lv.92/Reraised as Zombies) - Looking for more exciting experience..Rather than being depressed, better just play! :D. Let's grind for teamwork.. or not? :P :). Looking for party to grind lv.90+ weapon. Whisp me IGN!-In hiatus for 2 days-
Lynneth

Postby Hisashiburi » 26 Jul 2014, 09:14

Takurannyan wrote:Despite of how much Mage is often called late bloomer, i only have problem with it till level 20, and then no more. Can't blame newbie for being surprise at how harsh it is at low level, but feel like the issue was made bigger than it actually is.

Ie : I actually soloed Odin with a lot more ease with Wand/Staff build at level 28, more than my full Bow at level 34. And that was with sub par equipment with no affinity mag or so wtv

Woah, you must be really good to beat that omnimon at lvl 28 :lol:
Anyway, i agree with what you said about comparing wand user and spear. Spearman/spearmaiden is like...nevermind :?

Thx to this guide, so that new player who want to try mage/staff as their first job will know what's the pros and cons of this job ;)
Hisashiburi

Postby Lynneth » 26 Jul 2014, 09:56

Hisashiburi wrote:

Ie : I actually soloed Odin with a lot more ease with Wand/Staff build at level 28, more than my full Bow at level 34. And that was with sub par equipment with no affinity mag or so wtv

Woah, you must be really good to beat that omnimon at lvl 28 :lol:
Anyway, i agree with what you said about comparing wand user and spear. Spearman/spearmaiden is like...nevermind :?

Thx to this guide, so that new player who want to try mage/staff as their first job will know what's the pros and cons of this job ;)

Actually, it's level 39 not lv.28.. it's not that good.. anyone can do better job though.

Anyhow, I'm already bored :D :lol: . Though it's satisfying playing solo and finishing dungeon alone, it just feel playing offline games :p. The point of online playing becomes off :roll: . I guess I need to sell all my stuffs before off forever :lol: .

Only the costume that keeps me playing :D. It's not even one month :D
IGN : Lynneth (lv.92/Reraised as Zombies) - Looking for more exciting experience..Rather than being depressed, better just play! :D. Let's grind for teamwork.. or not? :P :). Looking for party to grind lv.90+ weapon. Whisp me IGN!-In hiatus for 2 days-
Lynneth

Postby Hisashiburi » 26 Jul 2014, 12:39

Lynneth wrote:Only the costume that keeps me playing

Haha, me too. Fashion is a must, that's why i play this game.
If i didnt get that underwear and costume with my last 2 gacha tickets from quest, it's either stop playing this game, make a new character, or charge some OC.
Cmon Lynneth, there're lots of fun in this game that we can explore other than grinding, grinding, and grinding. Why quit so fast :lol:
Hisashiburi

Postby Lynneth » 26 Jul 2014, 22:10

Hisashiburi wrote:
Lynneth wrote:Only the costume that keeps me playing

Haha, me too. Fashion is a must, that's why i play this game.
If i didnt get that underwear and costume with my last 2 gacha tickets from quest, it's either stop playing this game, make a new character, or charge some OC.
Cmon Lynneth, there're lots of fun in this game that we can explore other than grinding, grinding, and grinding. Why quit so fast :lol:

Because I took an arrow to my knee :lol:
Costumes are the only main selling point I think. The gameplay for us (magical guy/girl) really doesn't worth it :lol:
--
There are some spells that I consider very effective :
i.e : Flamestrike (or Fireballs) -> attach these Flamestrike IV/V into your favourite wand (make it three into one wand if possible) and you can blast one-by-one enemies.
Or combination of Iceshot, Electric Shock and Fireball-> use tab to target your enemies. Unfortunately, you can't target ground..
If enemies don't dead just use single target attack.
I think our single target spells can hit harder and faster than our AOE. :lol: . But don't forget your herbal drink/SP filler :D.
Lynneth

Postby Lynneth » 26 Jul 2014, 22:31

Anyway, just adding a bit information..

Wand range of attack is shorter than bows, and the skills mostly too. The farthest skill from enemies would be Charge Shot from bows.
Wand normal attack is of ranged single target.

Staff range of attack is kind of like dagger.
Staff normal attack is of melee-ranged, a bit (short-sighted) AOE.
Lynneth

Postby JustChaotic » 02 Aug 2014, 01:39

Call of lightning can only target 3 monster? I manage to crowd the monster in front of me and i only able to kill 3 all the time.
- AkaChaos: Level 27 mage.
JustChaotic

Postby Lynneth » 02 Aug 2014, 02:08

JustChaotic wrote:Call of lightning can only target 3 monster? I manage to crowd the monster in front of me and i only able to kill 3 all the time.

Try Call of Lightning VI/VII, they can hit more monsters. I don't know why WDS can kill all the monsters and not CoL .. I sometimes encounter the same problem.. the mobs are not clear even though they all got struck down with the Lightning :lol: :lol:
Lynneth

Postby Hisashiburi » 02 Aug 2014, 02:45

JustChaotic wrote:Call of lightning can only target 3 monster? I manage to crowd the monster in front of me and i only able to kill 3 all the time.

You're not son of zeus, that's why you can only kill 3 monsters
Hisashiburi

Postby Lynneth » 02 Aug 2014, 02:58

Hisashiburi wrote:

You're not son of zeus, that's why you can only kill 3 monsters

Lynneth

PreviousNext

Return to Guides & Strategy