[WIP]Mariah's Guide to becoming a Magical girl (or guy)

Post helpful information for other players here.

Re: [WIP]Mariah's Guide to becoming a Magical girl (or guy)

Postby amporu » 11 Aug 2014, 07:10

Lynneth wrote:
amporu wrote:I should have taken a video, i think there's just something in his build. I know he drinks chidori because he stop and drinks something at some point. But i don't really think he's just pressing 1 2 3 consecutively. First, because he always cast 5 times in a row in split seconds. 2nd, because i have tried chidori and full maga cool downs, but casting ougi's consecutively is just not possible because of cool downs. 3rd, how can you cast ougis in 1 2 3, for 5 time?????????? do you mean he put ougis in 5 slots?????? using the same wand and just switches to another wand when casting a different ougi and skill. Dark gate is understandable because it has lower cooldown, but crimson and fujin/raijin, hell no! there must be something. The skill he's casting are Frost Glaive, Earth Glaive, Hellfire, Fujin/Raijin, Dark Gate, Crimson.

Are you sure it's Ougis? Ougis for wand are only Fuujin/Raijin, Dark Gate and Crimson Rays, and there are some delays for them to recast again.
Frost Glaive VII, Earth Glaive starting from V has a considerable cooldown too.
The only faster one is Hellfire and the Lightning Blast VII.

im 1000% sure, im a wand user myself, so i know those skills and that is why i'm curious. He's level 8x so he could be spending stats on dex too to have that fast cooldowns. it's just amazing really but suspicious at the same time, spamming the same ougis/skills repeatedly 5 times in a row.
amporu

Postby Rocksilver » 11 Aug 2014, 08:26

Fast acting Ougis?

I don't know...ougi's have a definite cooldown, and unless he's some super mage, which I doubt, he might've found and or bought multiple cooldown magatamas. Was his damage lackluster, which would explain the fast cast, but if not, then I"m kind of perplexed on this issue.

Lackluster in my definition is less than 7k, so unless he's pumping out 10k+, then he may or may not have found a glitch/workaround bug.
Feel a chill in the air?
Rocksilver

Postby Otonashi » 11 Aug 2014, 09:08

20 CD reduction from 100 Dex, 39 from Chidori, 5 from +70 enhancement bonus, add any 2 CD Magatama and you're at 100 CD Reduction. Done.
  僕    甘    真    柔
  ら       い    っ       わ
  は   絶     白    ら
  い    望     い     か
  る     の   ︑      い
︒     中                     ︑
                   に
                  ︑
Otonashi

Postby Lynneth » 11 Aug 2014, 09:11

And don't forget these :

There are some cooldown reduction options on wands too like this :

==============

Well..complaining a bit.. Wands skills Animation and Effects are one of the lamest in this game. And the attack animation too :roll: :roll: . And Ougis effectiveness are near zero ._.
IGN : Lynneth (lv.92/Reraised as Zombies) - Looking for more exciting experience..Rather than being depressed, better just play! :D. Let's grind for teamwork.. or not? :P :). Looking for party to grind lv.90+ weapon. Whisp me IGN!-In hiatus for 2 days-
Lynneth

Postby Moriya Suwako » 11 Aug 2014, 10:52

amporu wrote:
Lynneth wrote:
amporu wrote:So I just saw a wand user spamming skills in echigo, as in using 1 staff, and spamming the same skills consecutively, normal skills and ougies too. how do they do that? His name is AlexOP by the way.

Wand? It's usable. Fireball has low SP cost, quick cooldown, and high damage (the only 'decent' spell). It's my top priority spell. Its crits can count to 30k (at my level 57). You can stack the same skills using Skillcard Sets from item mall or from lucky boxes. Just press, 1,left clikc,2,left click,3 left click and it looks 'consecutively' by 'normal people'. Combined with magatama to cut cooldown and spellcast it's even faster + idaten's grace.
Combined with Ougis :).

I should have taken a video, i think there's just something in his build. I know he drinks chidori because he stop and drinks something at some point. But i don't really think he's just pressing 1 2 3 consecutively. First, because he always cast 5 times in a row in split seconds. 2nd, because i have tried chidori and full maga cool downs, but casting ougi's consecutively is just not possible because of cool downs. 3rd, how can you cast ougis in 1 2 3, for 5 time?????????? do you mean he put ougis in 5 slots?????? using the same wand and just switches to another wand when casting a different ougi and skill. Dark gate is understandable because it has lower cooldown, but crimson and fujin/raijin, hell no! there must be something. The skill he's casting are Frost Glaive, Earth Glaive, Hellfire, Fujin/Raijin, Dark Gate, Crimson.

All you need is about 75% cooldown which is very achievable with even just one sheep magatama-as otonashi also has stated. Off my experiences with trying to grind Crimson Ray levels, you need about 75-ish to endlessly spam Crimson ray -> Fuujin/Raijin, and thats assuming that the ougis are the ONLY THINGS that he's spamming. However, if he's doing something like Frost Glaive -> Earth Glaive -> Hellfire -> Fuujin/Raijin -> Dark Gate -> Swap Wand -> Fuujin/Raijin -> Crimson -> Repeat skills, that's not a cooldown magatama-he's just swapping wands, and presumably could have 3~4. Once you reach 8x levels, you generally have enough SP for two full wand rotations anyways.
Wedge flexes a lot.
~IGNs~
Akatsuki Kai (Lv 110) Wand/Staff/Odachi hybrid
MrsCute (Lv 90) Wand/Staff hybrid

Just your not-so-average wand main.
My YouTube | My Twitter
The Dreams of a Little Froggie~(My blog)
Moriya Suwako

Postby amporu » 11 Aug 2014, 12:52

Moriya Suwako wrote:
amporu wrote:I should have taken a video, i think there's just something in his build. I know he drinks chidori because he stop and drinks something at some point. But i don't really think he's just pressing 1 2 3 consecutively. First, because he always cast 5 times in a row in split seconds. 2nd, because i have tried chidori and full maga cool downs, but casting ougi's consecutively is just not possible because of cool downs. 3rd, how can you cast ougis in 1 2 3, for 5 time?????????? do you mean he put ougis in 5 slots?????? using the same wand and just switches to another wand when casting a different ougi and skill. Dark gate is understandable because it has lower cooldown, but crimson and fujin/raijin, hell no! there must be something. The skill he's casting are Frost Glaive, Earth Glaive, Hellfire, Fujin/Raijin, Dark Gate, Crimson.

All you need is about 75% cooldown which is very achievable with even just one sheep magatama-as otonashi also has stated. Off my experiences with trying to grind Crimson Ray levels, you need about 75-ish to endlessly spam Crimson ray -> Fuujin/Raijin, and thats assuming that the ougis are the ONLY THINGS that he's spamming. However, if he's doing something like Frost Glaive -> Earth Glaive -> Hellfire -> Fuujin/Raijin -> Dark Gate -> Swap Wand -> Fuujin/Raijin -> Crimson -> Repeat skills, that's not a cooldown magatama-he's just swapping wands, and presumably could have 3~4. Once you reach 8x levels, you generally have enough SP for two full wand rotations anyways.

He's doing:
Fuujin/Raijin-> Fuujin/Raijin-> Fuujin/Raijin-> Fuujin/Raijin-> Fuujin/Raijin
Dark Gate ->Dark Gate ->Dark Gate ->Dark Gate ->Dark Gate
Crimson ->Crimson ->Crimson ->Crimson ->Crimson
Frost Glaive ->Frost Glaive ->Frost Glaive ->Frost Glaive ->Frost Glaive ->
Earth Glaive ->Earth Glaive ->Earth Glaive ->Earth Glaive ->Earth Glaive ->

Also, i don't see him switch wand unless he's about to cast a different skill, so he's using the same wand to cast the same skill. you can tell, because he's using 3 kinds of wands, so you would know he's switching. Also, normal skills would be believable, but ougis, that's just something. I wouldn't even bring out this issue if not for the ougi casting, which appears to be really cool but weird at the same time.
amporu

Postby Moriya Suwako » 11 Aug 2014, 16:10

amporu wrote:
Moriya Suwako wrote:

He's doing:
Fuujin/Raijin-> Fuujin/Raijin-> Fuujin/Raijin-> Fuujin/Raijin-> Fuujin/Raijin
Dark Gate ->Dark Gate ->Dark Gate ->Dark Gate ->Dark Gate
Crimson ->Crimson ->Crimson ->Crimson ->Crimson
Frost Glaive ->Frost Glaive ->Frost Glaive ->Frost Glaive ->Frost Glaive ->
Earth Glaive ->Earth Glaive ->Earth Glaive ->Earth Glaive ->Earth Glaive ->

Also, i don't see him switch wand unless he's about to cast a different skill, so he's using the same wand to cast the same skill. you can tell, because he's using 3 kinds of wands, so you would know he's switching. Also, normal skills would be believable, but ougis, that's just something. I wouldn't even bring out this issue if not for the ougi casting, which appears to be really cool but weird at the same time.

Yeah then he's probably using this kind of setup:
3 sheep magatama - 18% cooldown * 2 (54) OR 2 Sheep magatama and 100 dex (56)
Chidori alcohol - 39% cooldown

Add any +70 weapon (or higher) and you've got an effective 98% cooldown, which is how he's most likely just spamming them left and right.
Wedge flexes a lot.
~IGNs~
Akatsuki Kai (Lv 110) Wand/Staff/Odachi hybrid
MrsCute (Lv 90) Wand/Staff hybrid

Just your not-so-average wand main.
My YouTube | My Twitter
The Dreams of a Little Froggie~(My blog)
Moriya Suwako

Postby Rocksilver » 11 Aug 2014, 18:34

A speedy mage? huh...

Guess I know what camp I'm in- Slow moving juggernaut user. Ah well, at least I'm not dumb enough to wear the maga that kills my movement speed by 50%.

Then again, I move to live...so normal paced juggernaut?

Glad to hear your experience with being a hybrid mage is looking up Lynneth.

I guess the question for magic users is, speed vs. power. Not to mention the cost. Still, 100 dex? don't think I could go for that, even if I wanted the skill cooldown bonus. I'd just fire and hit and run...which is what he does anyways.

I looked around and there have been braggings that they made a trainer for Onigiri, due to their words "lack of online shield". Baseless, I know, but still.
Feel a chill in the air?
Rocksilver

Postby Lynneth » 12 Aug 2014, 00:01

Rocksilver wrote:A speedy mage? huh...

Guess I know what camp I'm in- Slow moving juggernaut user. Ah well, at least I'm not dumb enough to wear the maga that kills my movement speed by 50%.

Then again, I move to live...so normal paced juggernaut?

Glad to hear your experience with being a hybrid mage is looking up Lynneth.

I guess the question for magic users is, speed vs. power. Not to mention the cost. Still, 100 dex? don't think I could go for that, even if I wanted the skill cooldown bonus. I'd just fire and hit and run...which is what he does anyways.

I looked around and there have been braggings that they made a trainer for Onigiri, due to their words "lack of online shield". Baseless, I know, but still.

Even with high HP and High Defense/Magic Defense.. I still feel it is useless.
It still some mobs like Bakeneko can still one hit you with their leap attack, not to mention if there are many mobs.
I agree with you. But I should switch weapon earlier -__- .. I perhaps switch soon on highest level (if not retired yet). I just don't want all my effort was useless.The way I'm leveling right now is really slow.

======

All my friends are already lv.90++ (some reached lv.100)
The difference between 1/3 XP really showing in the long run, and I'm still lv.65 >,<.

People here is actually caring, but C$ might be not...do they even care about what the community says? :roll: :roll: .

===================

Why am I leveling so slow?
1.I need to upgrade my weapons. I will need lots of Lucky Fortunes, it means lots of lucky boxes. and I don't find those lucky boxes when supporting. So I am forced to hunting alone, as carriers in 5 man dungeons.. my damage becomes miniscule (even if I upped the wands till 70), the effectiveness and time to finish it becomes so slow and it IS MUCH better to leave it to others.
So, hunting alone as nukers. Slow as hell, but at least it works.
2.I need to identify, upgrade the weapons and the money to get the right weapons.
3.Actually I envy leechers, they just stand idle and doing nothing and got all the ryous/money and EXP. While I have to observe the attackers to ensure that he/she is fine and fully buffed (well, that is okay I guess).
4.Is there any solution out there? I highly doubt C$ will.

======
IGN : Lynneth (lv.92/Reraised as Zombies) - Looking for more exciting experience..Rather than being depressed, better just play! :D. Let's grind for teamwork.. or not? :P :). Looking for party to grind lv.90+ weapon. Whisp me IGN!-In hiatus for 2 days-
Lynneth

Postby Rocksilver » 12 Aug 2014, 08:03

Bakanekos suck, that is all.

I hear the boxes deal, I often get skill cards that I don't need, and I can't turn them in for pts at the exchange, and they just sit there.

I suppose money is the heavy thing on upgrading and worse if it fails, which sucks. However, another thread did say to drink up on money booster alcohol...what was it? Bandit chief?

leechers are very lazy people. They can't hack it themselves so they ask the bored higher levels to do the work for them. Kind of a redundant since leechers get the bare minimum exp for just watching. My own view is that they level twice as fast and as long as the carrier feels like it. If the carrier leaves, they are SOL.

From what I hear, Onigiri and Japan based companies that run mmo's raise the leveling rate to nearly triple the what we get here. Common fetch quests are a guaranteed level up and on top of that, the level boosters they have there run up to 1000%+ on top of the already insane exp gains from a common monster.

For example, one of those green fuzzballs at the beginning, kijimaro, gave off around 10-20 exp from level one. In their version, those guys gave off 100-150 exp a kill. Now imagine if farming Secluded forest or even Echigo estate gave those rates? You could easily got to where we are in a few days, max. Its literally one of those play for half an hour and get four levels, even at high. Time efficiency at its best and at its worst.
Feel a chill in the air?
Rocksilver

PreviousNext

Return to Guides & Strategy