[WIP]Mariah's Guide to becoming a Magical girl (or guy)

Post helpful information for other players here.

Re: [WIP]Mariah's Guide to becoming a Magical girl (or guy)

Postby Rocksilver » 14 Aug 2014, 08:12

Chian magatama? that restore hp when scoring a crit right?

If it doesn't get in the way of an affinity boosting maga or kills your damage/armor, I'd say go for it. Think of it as a nice little treat when you obliterate a monster while hurt, lol.
Feel a chill in the air?
Rocksilver

Postby Moriya Suwako » 14 Aug 2014, 14:40

Rocksilver wrote:Chian magatama? that restore hp when scoring a crit right?

If it doesn't get in the way of an affinity boosting maga or kills your damage/armor, I'd say go for it. Think of it as a nice little treat when you obliterate a monster while hurt, lol.

I dunno tbh. I feel like Chian's a waste, but I haven't used it enough or toyed around with it long enough to know whether it's actually good or not. It might not be too bad if you have a wis/dex build with full fated contractors, along with a bunch of multi-hit close-range/extending skills like earth glaive/call lightning/etc. Then again, I'm not too sure on that.

Lynneth wrote:@Moriya

Can you show me how it's done? I'll be waiting at the entrance of Echigo Estate today if possible :lol: .

And where do you get Magic Magatama from? At least the ingredients for making it?
So what's your arsenal wands for carrying actually? Do you need SP invigorate or not?
Hmm.. what is your best time clearing Echigo Estate at Hell difficulty? :roll: :roll:

You get Magic Magatama from Echigo Estate hell. It's not craftable afaik, and It's only via drop along with a bunch of other hybrid staff magatamas.
Secondly, I have a dogura magura and a nebular storm that I really couldn't get rid of. Both have Crimson Ray, Fuujin/Raijin, Frost Glaive, and Earth glaive. Only difference between the final skill is Call lightning vs Hellfire. I also have another wand with Frost Glaive, Earth Glaive, and Freezing bullet which I don't use unless i'm out of durability. The last two slots are filled with staves. SP invig is great, but I don't necassarily NEED it. However, it does make my runs approximately 3~5mins faster.

My fastest clear time was 6:02, and that was with an strong invig/support. Solo-wise, it usually averages around 8~10 minutes.
Wedge flexes a lot.
~IGNs~
Akatsuki Kai (Lv 110) Wand/Staff/Odachi hybrid
MrsCute (Lv 90) Wand/Staff hybrid

Just your not-so-average wand main.
My YouTube | My Twitter
The Dreams of a Little Froggie~(My blog)
Moriya Suwako

Postby Lynneth » 15 Aug 2014, 05:52

Moriya Suwako wrote:
Rocksilver wrote:Chian magatama? that restore hp when scoring a crit right?

I dunno tbh. I feel like Chian's a waste, but I haven't used it enough or toyed around with it long enough to know whether it's actually good or not. It might not be too bad if you have a wis/dex build with full fated contractors, along with a bunch of multi-hit close-range/extending skills like earth glaive/call lightning/etc. Then again, I'm not too sure on that.

Lynneth wrote:@Moriya

Can you show me how it's done? I'll be waiting at the entrance of Echigo Estate today if possible :lol: .

And where do you get Magic Magatama from? At least the ingredients for making it?
So what's your arsenal wands for carrying actually? Do you need SP invigorate or not?
Hmm.. what is your best time clearing Echigo Estate at Hell difficulty? :roll: :roll:

You get Magic Magatama from Echigo Estate hell. It's not craftable afaik, and It's only via drop along with a bunch of other hybrid staff magatamas.
Secondly, I have a dogura magura and a nebular storm that I really couldn't get rid of. Both have Crimson Ray, Fuujin/Raijin, Frost Glaive, and Earth glaive. Only difference between the final skill is Call lightning vs Hellfire. I also have another wand with Frost Glaive, Earth Glaive, and Freezing bullet which I don't use unless i'm out of durability. The last two slots are filled with staves. SP invig is great, but I don't necassarily NEED it. However, it does make my runs approximately 3~5mins faster.

My fastest clear time was 6:02, and that was with an strong invig/support. Solo-wise, it usually averages around 8~10 minutes.

Thanks for reply ;). Anyway, can I learn from you? ;). Perhaps if you see me loitering around the Echigo Estate, you can add me into party :D . I want to see how Mage's capabilities can be harnessed into full attack, if possible, more than 'usual'.
IGN : Lynneth (lv.92/Reraised as Zombies) - Looking for more exciting experience..Rather than being depressed, better just play! :D. Let's grind for teamwork.. or not? :P :). Looking for party to grind lv.90+ weapon. Whisp me IGN!-In hiatus for 2 days-
Lynneth

Postby JustChaotic » 16 Aug 2014, 06:57

Ahahaha, landmine flame III is SP cheaper than fireball II ? XD
but the aoe as small as call of lightning.
- AkaChaos: Level 27 mage.
JustChaotic

Postby Heimarmene » 16 Aug 2014, 14:33

JustChaotic wrote:Ahahaha, landmine flame III is SP cheaper than fireball II ? XD

Landmine flame is sketchy as heck tbh. It requires you to drop it and then have the enemy run through it. I mean sure it works when you're talking about enemies that run right up to you and try to kill you but there's more and more ranged units later and they'll almost never run into your landmine at that point. Oh and fireball/flamestrike/inferno/hellfire is super spammable. Heck, one of my current wands is flamestrike 4 + 2 hellfire 7s (no ougi since I used my only ougi skillcard for extended heal :c) and it amazing at killing bosses (terrible sp efficiency for mobbing though. Absolutely terrible)
Heimarmene

Postby Lynneth » 17 Aug 2014, 17:49

JustChaotic wrote:Ahahaha, landmine flame III is SP cheaper than fireball II ? XD

Landmine Flame is.. just one of those 'useless skill' if you want to speed run dungeon. And for team party is not that useful either.

Why?
1.You need to plant it first (which takes a considerable time)
2.You need to place it correctly (which takes a little while, and not feasible if you also lure the mobs)
3.The Area of Effect is small, only as small as Taunt (spear skill), a small circle around the landmine flame.
4.Not good to enemies strong to fire or high magic defense, very good to enemies weak to fire or low magic defense
5.Damage is small, additionally, since the initial damage of wand is small, you will need this lv.5 at least to make it 'kicks in' the mobs.
5.Since it takes a lot of time to setup and small area, also the damage is pale compared to other AOE spells, this skill is basically useless.

----

I prefer Call of Lightning VI/VII, CaL can hit as much as 3 hits combo just like Earth Glaive, but longer setup makes you vulnerable to enemies attack, especially faster one ;_;.

Sometimes, just thinking, how many 'useless skills' does C$ create in this game? :lol: .. Or it is 'working' as intended'? :roll:
IGN : Lynneth (lv.92/Reraised as Zombies) - Looking for more exciting experience..Rather than being depressed, better just play! :D. Let's grind for teamwork.. or not? :P :). Looking for party to grind lv.90+ weapon. Whisp me IGN!-In hiatus for 2 days-
Lynneth

Postby Rocksilver » 17 Aug 2014, 19:29

Landmine spells blow...and not in a good way. The usage for the small radius is bad, even for me, who likes to give all spells a chance.

There is also this one spell that calls enemies to you, worthless without a companion spell, but may just see use in conjunction with AOE or when desperate, landmine spells.

Not sure which card teaches it, 1, 2 or 3? Probably not 3 since I remember it gives out Ice Glaive.

I am in love with Crimson Ray though, the spell is pretty much a beam from a giant magnifying glass for enemies.

Now to level it for maximum effect...
Feel a chill in the air?
Rocksilver

Postby JustChaotic » 22 Aug 2014, 03:47

I dont think any cards teaches it. i remember 2, call of lightning 3, ice glaive, 4 hell fire, 5 earth glaive. (thank goodness :D )
I just posting it because it is really bad....
Only using to make a campfire XD
- AkaChaos: Level 27 mage.
JustChaotic

Postby Rayyee » 26 Aug 2014, 06:10

i given up of using wand/staff after lv50 ( * N *) seem like i cant get anywhere great even-though i have a (one) good wand and a few can-be-use good wand . i can`t cope up anymore... so hard to get that 20 more level from lv30. so i sold that good (fan-from byakko cave) wand for 10 OC. and decide to retire.
Rayyee

Postby Aya-chan » 22 Sep 2014, 20:13

where i can get Lord enma magatama? (quest or dungeon) :?:
Aya-chan

PreviousNext

Return to Guides & Strategy