[WIP]Mariah's Guide to becoming a Magical girl (or guy)

Post helpful information for other players here.

Re: [WIP]Mariah's Guide to becoming a Magical girl (or guy)

Postby Lynneth » 23 Sep 2014, 03:18

Aya-chan wrote:where i can get Lord enma magatama? (quest or dungeon) :?:

I got it from quest ? :?:, but I'm not sure which quest.
IGN : Lynneth (lv.92/Reraised as Zombies) - Looking for more exciting experience..Rather than being depressed, better just play! :D. Let's grind for teamwork.. or not? :P :). Looking for party to grind lv.90+ weapon. Whisp me IGN!-In hiatus for 2 days-
Lynneth

Postby Firon » 23 Sep 2014, 04:32

Aya-chan wrote:where i can get Lord enma magatama? (quest or dungeon) :?:

The wiki says it drops from Hoori shrine 5-man hell if that helps.
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Postby Lynneth » 24 Sep 2014, 06:00

Dark Gate.. one of the most disappointing Ougis.

Needs more love from developers :(
IGN : Lynneth (lv.92/Reraised as Zombies) - Looking for more exciting experience..Rather than being depressed, better just play! :D. Let's grind for teamwork.. or not? :P :). Looking for party to grind lv.90+ weapon. Whisp me IGN!-In hiatus for 2 days-
Lynneth

Postby Sheiko » 24 Sep 2014, 21:08

Lynneth wrote:Dark Gate.. one of the most disappointing Ougis.

Yea, i love it's dmg but, it's cast time is friggin slow plus when manage to cast it then got hit by monster = the skill won't dmg the monster when we got hit even when manage to cast it... :shock:
2023 Onigiri Steam IGN: NPC Rimu
Steam: NPC Rimu
IGN: Sheiko (Shutdown US)
Onigiri New Player Helper
Onigiri Market Forum Onigiri Coins Buyer
ImageImage
Sheiko

Postby Lynneth » 25 Sep 2014, 12:11

Sheiko wrote:
Lynneth wrote:Dark Gate.. one of the most disappointing Ougis.

Yea, i love it's dmg but, it's cast time is friggin slow plus when manage to cast it then got hit by monster = the skill won't dmg the monster when we got hit even when manage to cast it... :shock:

And to add it, it's DARK elemental Damage. Most monsters/bosses have no weakness against this DARK ELEMENTAL DAMAGE. Most even has THE MOST HIGHEST RESISTANCE.

MOST WEAKNESS are HOLY/FIRE. So, it's practically useless Ougis.

And in the next newest patch, Satan is also dark, so it's pretty strong against it. So, one of the MOST USELESS OUGIS OUT THERE.

When you got damage, your anything skills/Ougis = zero damage, that is one of the MOST BUMMER things of mage in Onigiri. Since mage need to cast, burden the SP, and becomes sitting ducks for a while, waiting result, our spells are MISSING target because the mage got a damage. truly ridiculous :lol: :lol: :lol:

Same case with the Wand Weapon.

WHY ADDING DARK ELEMENT++ in most gold weapon? , We need more FIRE ++ weapon or something others more useful one ! :? :?
Lynneth

Postby Moriya Suwako » 25 Sep 2014, 18:58

Yeah, at the moment Dark Gate is pretty bad ._.

To be fair, I haven't seen anyone level Dark Gate to VI yet either, but Crimson Ray V damage is pretty similar or a little weaker to Dark Gate V. Maybe the evolved version will yield a bit more of a difference. It's great for clogging up people's screens though.
Wedge flexes a lot.
~IGNs~
Akatsuki Kai (Lv 110) Wand/Staff/Odachi hybrid
MrsCute (Lv 90) Wand/Staff hybrid

Just your not-so-average wand main.
My YouTube | My Twitter
The Dreams of a Little Froggie~(My blog)
Moriya Suwako

Postby Calimero » 15 Jan 2015, 15:58

So, i did get an ougi card at the new year event and did choose meditation IV rather than dark gate V, reading there and here that meditation is useful for self sp healing and dark gate is useless, except that i kinda fail to see how meditation can be useful for self sp healing.

No matter what i do, upgrading my weapon, the skill level, using magatamas to add holy element or to raise my staff affinity (its at 2654 for the moment while my wand affinity is maxed since a long time), it seems stuck to +14sp per second. Which means that for a spell that cost me 100sp (200 minus the 100 wis reduction) i get 14x11=154sp, ie a whopping gain of 54sp... Even dandelion seems better to me because you dont have to wait 11 seconds for getting your 50 sp.

Have i missed something or is meditation only useful in a group and useless for self sp healing ? I begin to regret to not have choose dark gate to throw it in the face of some mobs even if it doesnt do any damage at all :lol:
Calimero

Postby Moriya Suwako » 15 Jan 2015, 23:54

Calimero wrote:So, i did get an ougi card at the new year event and did choose meditation IV rather than dark gate V, reading there and here that meditation is useful for self sp healing and dark gate is useless, except that i kinda fail to see how meditation can be useful for self sp healing.

No matter what i do, upgrading my weapon, the skill level, using magatamas to add holy element or to raise my staff affinity (its at 2654 for the moment while my wand affinity is maxed since a long time), it seems stuck to +14sp per second. Which means that for a spell that cost me 100sp (200 minus the 100 wis reduction) i get 14x11=154sp, ie a whopping gain of 54sp... Even dandelion seems better to me because you dont have to wait 11 seconds for getting your 50 sp.

Have i missed something or is meditation only useful in a group and useless for self sp healing ? I begin to regret to not have choose dark gate to throw it in the face of some mobs even if it doesnt do any damage at all :lol:

You did the better choice imo. Dark Gate is a pretty horrible spell, and it's just not worth using. Meditation is a REALLY good skill but it requires you to grind the levels and evolve it.

The way Invigorate/Meditations work in this game is that the higher your damage, the more the invig ticks for. Of course, you should try to level your Meditation to at least rank V, or else it'll be pretty sub-par with just a regular invig. However, once you start getting staves that have really high attack, it starts becoming very significant. As for your second question, it depends on what kind of weapon you're using. Anything that's not a wand or bow can live off of a decent meditation. As a wand user, even stuff like a double invig of 54+48 cannot sustain me. Originally, my meditations tick for 35, but using Burai Magatama, Maxed staff affinity (at my level) and a +100 Maximillion Cross, i can do some ridiculous stuff like this with a rank V meditation:

tl;dr Level your skill to meditation V, and get more attack to increase your SP/tick value
Wedge flexes a lot.
~IGNs~
Akatsuki Kai (Lv 110) Wand/Staff/Odachi hybrid
MrsCute (Lv 90) Wand/Staff hybrid

Just your not-so-average wand main.
My YouTube | My Twitter
The Dreams of a Little Froggie~(My blog)
Moriya Suwako

Postby Tekato » 16 Jan 2015, 15:31

Hue hue hue I feel special for being in the screen shot
Lv 115 Twinsword
Dead from Onigiri Cancer.
Tekato

Postby Calimero » 17 Jan 2015, 20:25

Thanks for the answer. 35*15-150=375, seems more useful than 54sp, i will give it a try when i get a good end game weapon. Good thing i did get some ougi extraction items at the last event so that i can correct some mistakes :mrgreen:
Calimero

PreviousNext

Return to Guides & Strategy