Skills leveling

Post helpful information for other players here.

Skills leveling

Postby graze » 19 Jul 2014, 11:05

What exactly help level up skills? The number of mobs killed or their level? Or anything else?
graze

Re: Skills leveling

Postby Lynneth » 19 Jul 2014, 12:45

graze wrote:What exactly help level up skills? The number of mobs killed or their level? Or anything else?

A miniscule additional amount of damage, and lower cooldown a bit if you have higher level skill.
IGN : Lynneth (lv.92/Reraised as Zombies) - Looking for more exciting experience..Rather than being depressed, better just play! :D. Let's grind for teamwork.. or not? :P :). Looking for party to grind lv.90+ weapon. Whisp me IGN!-In hiatus for 2 days-
Lynneth

Postby SeekerFate » 19 Jul 2014, 12:45

That's not exactly the answer to the question he was asking, but it is a good one.

Skills are leveled up whenever the applied skill comes in contact with the target and creates an effect. (enemy hit = skill level raise, buff succeeds/fails(?) = skill level raised)
As for aoe skills I'm not exactly sure how these apply but it does have a similar concept, I believe some skill exp is gained per enemy hit, this answer could use clarification though.
There's no exact evidence that level of enemy has anything to do with the speed of leveling, but it's a possibility.
Chocolate~
This game trolls me.
Entire character nupped lvl 34 EnAlpha
Blind at Sekigahara 'cept fer sky in JpCBT ~lvl 32ish?
En: SeekerFate - lvl 89 SeekerDissonance - lvl 61 -> 81
Can't believe I'm back, for now.
SeekerFate

Postby graze » 19 Jul 2014, 13:06

SeekerFate wrote:That's not exactly the answer to the question he was asking, but it is a good one.

Skills are leveled up whenever the applied skill comes in contact with the target and creates an effect. (enemy hit = skill level raise, buff succeeds/fails(?) = skill level raised)
As for aoe skills I'm not exactly sure how these apply but it does have a similar concept, I believe some skill exp is gained per enemy hit, this answer could use clarification though.
There's no exact evidence that level of enemy has anything to do with the speed of leveling, but it's a possibility.

Thanks for your reply. I also think that the level of enemy doesn't matter much. I noticed that low level dungeons have roughly the same leveling rate as high level ones. I may be wrong though.
You brought up aoe skills which is a very good point. I wonder if there's any difference between killing many at once and one at a time.
graze

Postby Kazuki Ryujin™ » 25 Jul 2014, 06:06

SeekerFate wrote:That's not exactly the answer to the question he was asking, but it is a good one.

In Most Cases From Experience As A Gamer You Are Most Likely Right About It Being Per Enemy Hit. Taking Into Consideration That Skills Need To Make Contact On A Enemy Target, And Healing As Well As Buffs Need To Make Contact On A Targeted Player The Most Logical Answer Would Be AoE Are Based On How Many Enemies Are Hit. It's Also Possible That The Leveling Could Also Be Effected By How Many Hits On A Enemy Target You Make Not Just How Many Enemies Total Considering Skills Tend To Have Multiple Hits Depending On The Skill Used.

That's Just My Theory Though~
Kazuki Ryujin™

Postby Firon » 29 Jul 2014, 00:45

Might be a little late in saying this but the aoe theory should be testable by seeing if it lvls a skill while carrying on first use such as in byakkou. From memory I didn't notice much difference in lvling speed depending on the number of hits so suspect only the first hit matters but it would be good if someone could verify this.
IGN: Firon - TS (PC)
Firon

Return to Guides & Strategy