HOW TO INSTALL ONIGIRI ONLINE ON LINUX

Post helpful information for other players here.

HOW TO INSTALL ONIGIRI ONLINE ON LINUX

Postby dioey » 13 Aug 2014, 20:10

Step 1: Install Wine from Ubuntu Software Centre or linux mint software manger

Step 2: Because we’re lazy, we also installed PlayOnLinux. PlayOnLinux is a front-end for Wine, helps you to easily set stuff up with a nice graphical user interface.

Step 3: Open PlayOnLinux and click on Install. A new window will now appear and click on Install a non-listed program.

Step 4: Choose to install a program in a new virtual drive. This creates its own section. make onigiri as the virtual drive name

Step 5: Select the following:
- Configure wine
- Install some libraries

Step 6: Select 32 bits windows installation.

Step 7: For the Windows version, we chose Windows 7.

Step 8: You will now need to install some Windows DLL and Components. Choose the following:
- dxfullsetup
- dotnet11
- dotnet11sp1
- dotnet20
- dotnet20sp1
- dotnet20sp2
- dotnet30
- dotnet30sp1
- dotnet35
- dotnet35sp1
- dotnet40
- msxml3
- msxml6
- vcrun2005
- vcrun2008
- vcrun2010
- winhttp
- wininet
- xact
- xinput

Note:
* You will need to click agree / install when some windows pop up.
* .net and xiput for xbox or gamepad controller

Step 9: Browse for Onigiri Online installer. Installation will now begin.

Once installation has been completed, you will have the option to create a short cut. Once the short cut has been created, you can run Onigiri online from the short cut.

Note:
there are an easy way if you already have the client
- first if you follow step 9 for browse for onigiri online installer press cancel it will close the window but the virtual drive still exist
- then copy Onigiri_US folder to /home/xxx/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/onigiri/drive_c/
(xxx mean your user name in linux)
- then open Playonlinux and make a new shortcut
it will create shortcut in desktop

i am using linux mint 17 xfce and cinamon both work great but sometimes the sound not synch just restart your pc, it will back to normal again

if you want to using gamepad controller follow this tutorial http://askubuntu.com/questions/165210/how-do-i-get-an-xbox-360-controller-working
dioey

Re: HOW TO INSTALL ONIGIRI ONLINE ON LINUX

Postby maxlance » 14 Aug 2014, 07:22

Very good tutorial! There are also quite a few around here now running Onigiri fully on their flash drives and it runs smoother and a little faster than on PC stock.

I would add as a Step 7a how the newbie can find that POL Configuration menu tab to access the Install Components window. There will be a .NET 2.0 glitch for XP config which will request an easy command line fix:

echo 0 | sudo tee /proc/sys/kernel/yama/ptrace_scope
maxlance

Postby dioey » 14 Aug 2014, 17:45

oh yeah that bug i forget to tell that and you can make a permanent solution with this link http://www.playonlinux.com/en/topic-10534-Regarding_ptrace_scope_fatal_error.html and there some bug with gamepad for linux sometimes you find two controller detected this bug can be solved, just open Playonlinux and open configure,
and open wine then open command prompt and type control this will open playonlinux control panel, then press game controllers, if you see two controller just disable one like this picture,
i disable the (js) this have problem with the right axis so disable it will solve the problem, but before you try this step chose the one with no button error in test joystick tab if the right axis can circle that problem will be solve
i use a cheap game pad like this
and if you play the game after login the camera will mess up just use 2 axis button simultaneous it will fix it and you can play with a gamepad now
and for all this to get work you need xinput and x360ce for using gamepad
dioey

Postby Luske » 19 Jul 2016, 20:36

Do we need to install corefonts on there or was that added for fun?
Luske

Postby Ghoultinrun » 27 Mar 2017, 01:29

Hello,

I am running Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and am having some issues with the Onigiri_US client when running it through PlayOnLinux.

Basically, every time I login I get a error 00101 message [or something around that number]. I ran it in Debug to get a log of it and here is a copy of the log file.

https://mega.nz/#!WwBSxRSK!VEnJH62wYLl- ... 4wD2hvEfcw

Can someone please help me with this?
Ghoultinrun

Return to Guides & Strategy