katana info?

Post helpful information for other players here.

katana info?

Postby Muffinman » 13 Aug 2014, 22:41

I know you can get earth ishiki sword from byakko, but is there such thing as simple "ishiki sword"? apparently u need it to smith the katana. Does anyone know where to find it? i'm too lazy to run through all the dungeons just to look for a sword.

Also, is it worth the time and money to smith weapons later on? I really liked the game because it was based on ancient japan but it lost some points for me when 3 out of the 4 slots were western legendary swords.

Are there still katana's that's lvl 35+?

ps when i say katana i dont mean sword, i've got plenty of swords since durandal, but they were swords, i'm looking for 太刀s
Muffinman

Re: katana info?

Postby Argentum » 14 Aug 2014, 02:36

until level 90 you should find katanas without issues. after that its mostly the usual blob of metal that do no longer resemble any kind of sword.
Argentum

Postby Otonashi » 14 Aug 2014, 02:51

If you're asking about the drop locations of Ishikiri Swords, they drop from Izumo and some of its dungeons (specifically, Honomusubi Cavern and Oonaobi Shrine)
  僕    甘    真    柔
  ら       い    っ       わ
  は   絶     白    ら
  い    望     い     か
  る     の   ︑      い
︒     中                     ︑
                   に
                  ︑
Otonashi

Postby Heimarmene » 16 Aug 2014, 14:34

Argentum wrote:until level 90 you should find katanas without issues. after that its mostly the usual blob of metal that do no longer resemble any kind of sword.

well to be fair, as long as it has an edge to cut things with, its good enough to be used as a sword xD
Heimarmene

Postby Argentum » 18 Aug 2014, 05:07

he did most likely ask specifically to katana-like swords for their optics, so "anything with a blade" doesnt cut it ;P
Argentum

Return to Guides & Strategy